Check Out Our Shop
Page 1090 of 1091 FirstFirst ... 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 LastLast
Results 27,226 to 27,250 of 27260
    Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    Remember when Americans weren't fat and depressed, healthcare wasn't that expensive, claims were not that frequent nor as predictable as today, and health insurance was somewhat cheap? Was about 25 years ago when things started to turn.

There's an analogy and some realism here. Insurance companies like turning a profit and nerds are pretty good at running numbers.
    spot on

on another note

got a client whose family is founder and majority shareholder of a regional bank they seem to be doing pretty well like a million bucks is nothing
    one of my ex's family sold their reginal bank off about ten years ago to a bigger bank that seemed to work out pretty well she's got about two million in stock for that deal they are also one of the largest landowners in the united states

people don't really have a grasp of how much wealth some people have amassed

the this guy is the best his family makes the trumps look like the trailer trash that they are

Apparently, that guy has over 20 kids.

Question for real estate tycoons.

With rates through the roof, and people having 30 yr mortgages like I do at 3%. Isn’t this a good time to seller finance? Or can you actually transfer mortgage somehow?

I get these postcards, and I assume thats their angle.

I think that would be more like Rent to Own like a sofa or big screen TV. Think about the title work and the lien positions. What's gonna happen to the buyer when you decide to go hookers and blow for life and quit paying the mortgage?

I’m not aware of a way to transfer or reassign a conventional mortgage. Inclined to say you can’t but I’m not sure.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    You can seller finance with a mortgage in place, but all depends on the type of mortgage, clauses written into existing mortgage, etc. Call your current lender and ask them if you are eligible and if it's possible you would want to loop at RE attorney in as well and have the new contract written up to protect you as the seller.

I know you are a dirt pimp but this is ridiculous advice, at a minimum for any buyer willing to entertain it, and really for the "seller" involved as well.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    I’m not aware of a way to transfer or reassign a conventional mortgage. Inclined to say you can’t but I’m not sure.
    I mean - why would a bank ever want to allow this? Their loan is based on a *specific* piece of collateral. And the only time anyone would entertain this from a borrower's perspective is when market rates are higher than the current mortgage. Which again, begs the question - why would a bank ever consider this?

So are "land contracts" still a thing? My parents bought their farm back in the mid/late 70's on a land contract, and I presume it was because interest rates were ridonkulus at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    So are "land contracts" still a thing? My parents bought their farm back in the mid/late 70's on a land contract, and I presume it was because interest rates were ridonkulus at the time.
    A friend asked if I would consider seller financing to sell our house to her. I laughed it off, seems like an unmitigated shit show.

NYTimea article about assumable mortgages (https://archive.ph/gwhfo):

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A4D99582-73D9-4F97-97FC-36A67E8A2E58.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	388.0 KB 
ID:	493639

Yeah. No.
    Almost all Rez mortgages are bundled and sold off. Unpossible to assign.
    Even if it was a local bank portfolio loan, rates have gone up. They would rather finance the new rates.

Interesting blurb that 23% are assumable. That’s shocking.

However. Say it’s assumable. Are you released?

PS. Seller finance? Fuck no. Hard no. Maybe ten k or some short term gravy. But if you have to foreclose the legal fees and lost payments will crush you.
    The only thing I would consider is a deed in lieu of foreclosure held in trust. But even that can be litigated and stuck court.
    I’ve just decided to be a middle aged somewhat depressed somewhat anxious fucktard until the end.

Real Estate Crash thread

Assumable mortgages are a thing in that those words in that order describe something that theoretically exists, but it’s not really a thing. If you find one, cool, but don’t waste your time looking for one.

It’s not because they’re bundled and sold, it’s because most investors explicitly don’t allow it for pretty good reasons and even if they did, your lender has zero motivation to make it happen for you.

And unless it’s your great uncle or an old family friend or some such who owns some property free and clear and has some reason to help you out, land contracts aren’t much of a thing either.
    focus.

https://bozeman.craigslist.org/reo/d...746521294.html

well shit is officially still bananas here

would you like a rare opportunity to own a single wide in a floodplain w a 40 min commute to glitzy Bozeman Mt? act now, and hay, the seller says no insurance needed and seller financing may be an option. but make sure to have your ducks in a row, a thorough review of your shit will be happening

jfc

Lol
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

Any comments WRG? Who the fuck represents this type of sale? They should've at least talked about waterfowl opportunities and proximity to premier music venues and of course titty bars..

Sent from my SM-S236DL using Tapatalk

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    I know you are a dirt pimp but this is ridiculous advice, at a minimum for any buyer willing to entertain it, and really for the "seller" involved as well.
    Not sure how it's ridiculous to advise someone to consult their lender and an attorney on something that is theoretically possible. It's largely out of the scope of my knowledge.

Seller financing on a property owned outright? Yes, it is happening, but rarely.

Or you could just put down the realtor crack pipe and admit it is a terrible idea to even explore.

This is a perfect example of why your career is going away. Every realtor's focus is just on getting a deal done and basically zero focus on looking out for your client's best interest.
    Live Free or Die

I thought this podcast was interesting- "The Possible Collapse of the US Home Insurance Industry"

I expected a profile of a community in coastal Florida or a wildfire prone community in California, but allegedly a small town in Iowa is ground zero for insurance non-renewals.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    Assumable mortgages are a thing in that those words in that order describe something that theoretically exists, but it’s not really a thing. If you find one, cool, but don’t waste your time looking for one.

It’s not because they’re bundled and sold, it’s because most investors explicitly don’t allow it for pretty good reasons and even if they did, your lender has zero motivation to make it happen for you.

And unless it’s your great uncle or an old family friend or some such who owns some property free and clear and has some reason to help you out, land contracts aren’t much of a thing either.
    If it is an existing FHA or VA loan it can be assumed by qualified buyer but that's it no conventional loans are assumable

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    I thought this podcast was interesting- "The Possible Collapse of the US Home Insurance Industry"

I expected a profile of a community in coastal Florida or a wildfire prone community in California, but allegedly a small town in Iowa is ground zero for insurance non-renewals.
    I suspect that derecho that went through Iowa a few years back really opened up some peoples' eyes as to what can be expected in the Midwest going forward.

Sure is a good thing that global warming isn't a thing!
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Sure is a good thing that global warming isn't a thing!
    tHaNkS AlOt, JoE BiDeN.

Thank you for the responses.

Was told it goes up you’re credit too.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    If it is an existing FHA or VA loan it can be assumed by qualified buyer but that's it no conventional loans are assumable
    Right. I shouldn’t say it’s impossible. But it narrows an already tough market to what I’d say is an untenable level, and even then you’d have to assume the market hasn’t priced it in. If the stars align, sure.
    focus.