Check Out Our Shop

Helena Ridge Tour

https://blackfootriverbrewing.com/he...dge-challenge/

This looks like a real good time! Can a Helena mag put a Trailforks route together connecting all the ridges? If my memory is correct, I feel like the HelenduroX race course came pretty close...

that looks kinda fun

I did it last September with a couple buds, and started at Blackfoot Brew, did Ascension, Wakina, and ended on the Ridge Trail. Pretty smoked by the end.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERIOR View Post
    I did it last September with a couple buds, and started at Blackfoot Brew, did Ascension, Wakina, and ended on the Ridge Trail. Pretty smoked by the end.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    what was the distance, elevation and / or ride time?

Helena Ridge Tour

The trails you want to ride are the Mt. Ascension to Entertainment trail, Dry Gulch / Arrastra Gulch to Top of the World and then Rent Money or Pinchot, Wakina Sky Trail, then Helena Ridge to Show Me the Horse.

There are many variations on this loop.

I recall ours being roughly 6 hrs and 20 or so miles. It can also be done with the help of the Shred Mt Shuttle.

Very much a trail bike scenario. Could be super fun with hard tail

Start and end near Blackfoot Brewing

What's the best way to wrap in Eddye McClure East into the route? Start there and shuttle back later for your vehicle? It doesn't look like Shred Shuttles offer any services out that way, or am I mistaken?

Quote Originally Posted by Terrapin Ben View Post
    What's the best way to wrap in Eddye McClure East into the route? Start there and shuttle back later for your vehicle? It doesn't look like Shred Shuttles offer any services out that way, or am I mistaken?
    Shred MT took me to the 2006 Trail parking area which is up that way. You could easily make that your linkup.

However, Eddy McClure and Cruise Control kind of go the other way / lose elevation, so you’d be descending and then climbing again. Not a big deal at all, probably a 30 min lap.

They are for sure the more rowdy terrain in the area, especially if you hit Big Dorothy.

Looks like I almost accomplished this last fall when combining some recommended routes from other mags. (At least assuming anywhere on the ridge is fine and you don't need to do the whole red trail or shoot your selfies where the stars are?)

I took the Helena Ridge shred shuttle to start and ended up being out there for about 5 hours, 4 hours of moving time (not including the shuttle time).

Only bit I didn't hit was Eddye Mclure east, but I road up Eddye West twice and did a bunch of other trails that aren't on the list...so could easily have fit an out and back on the east side instead.

Probably be done in 4 hours if you just went direct for each ridge and on to the next one.

I did this one today. Here's the route I took:

https://strava.app.link/NEoEMsw4HJb

Definitely not the most efficient way to connect the ridges, but I wanted to ride all the fun downhills in the right direction! Big ride, but you can make it a bit smaller than this. Trails are in great shape. This was really fun. Go do it!

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the beta!

Used to do this ride a few times a year before it was a “thing” to link em up. Not super hard, 5 ish hours at a reasonable pace (but I was in great shape then…road the ridge from town and back in sub hour….from the win at tobthe windbag). 2 biggest obstacles were heat (leave early) and afternoon thunderstorms (leave early). I hear the crazy MF OB/GYN that used to own a bunch of land on mt Ascension isn’t in play to harass people anymore. does the squatter crazy dude still shoot at people on Brooklyn bridge? That was sketchy AF…story fir another time.
    I rip the groomed on tele gear