Check Out Our Shop

Image Desktop upload size limit 2 Mb?

Hey, is there an intended image upload size limit?

Looks like it's 2mb now.
    Last edited by Buster Highmen; 05-07-2024 at 10:33 AM.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Are you on Tapatalk? There is a limit unless you pay $.99 a month for Premium.

I’ve had images of 1.7mb recently fail to load.

This file was almost 5mbClick image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20240429_190146612.jpeg 
Views:	22 
Size:	98.7 KB 
ID:	493229
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Are you on Tapatalk? There is a limit unless you pay $.99 a month for Premium.
    No, as noted, win10 desktop 64 bit edge

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post

This file was almost 5mbClick image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20240429_190146612.jpeg 
Views:	22 
Size:	98.7 KB 
ID:	493229
    Todd likes you better.

My uploads failed at 3.3Mb and 2.8 Mb but succeeded at 1.8Mb, all .jpg files. My network status for the wifi I'm on is 144 mbps

Maybe size isn't the issue (bah dum dum)

Oh, and I should add, that pic was uploaded on the TGR app (not tapatalk).

Let me try desktop next.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

So, on desktop it seemed to fail on every pic that was bigger than Buster's suspected 2mb limit and worked on the first file I tried that was smaller (below).

Buster, do you view TGR on mobile? Either through the TGR app or a mobile browser?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ned3.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	784.1 KB 
ID:	493233

I sometimes scan TGR on the phone via the browser (firefox) on the phone.

I avoid apps if possible.

Name:	IMG_0259.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	1.30 MB 
ID:	493238

This one is 2.4 via the iPhone app

this file was 1.6 mb directly off iPhone safari browser
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1894.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	426.8 KB 
ID:	493241  

Try 4.6mb file directly off iPhone safari browser

Failed

So it looks like the limitation is for files bigger than 2Mb from a browser.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Hey, is there an intended image upload size limit?

Looks like it's 2mb now.

hmmm,

Yeah, cuz my shite is busier than any measly 2 million bytes.

Yer ski hat takes up 2 MB.

that tracks with my experience uploading pictures. I find if I choose a large size instead of the full size that they all post without a problem.

Name:	IMG_6921.png 
Views:	19 
Size:	98.6 KB 
ID:	493259

Pics not loading again.

What a well oiled machine tgr is.
    watch out for snakes

Pics not loading again.

What a well oiled machine tgr is.
    watch out for snakes

As mentioned, phone or desktop browser upload only works for image files of size less than 2 mb
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LarsVorgipfel.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	99.3 KB 
ID:	493286  

File size needs to be less than 1mb for photos to load for me - failed to upload photos of 1.9mb, 1.7mb, 1.4mb
    All jpegs
    iPad using Chrome

Hi Buster Highmen! Have you had enough of struggling to upload and share media larger than a paltry 2mb on this technically primitive and pathetically obsolete platform? I bet you have! Do you wish there was a winter sports forum which has no size limit for your uploads and runs on bombproof AI-Powered™ and Blockchain-Enabled™ hardware and software? Well there is! We have superior bandwidth and response times on our 5G superfibre Edge Computing™ network as well as a state-of-the-art virtual blade server farm with 500000 terabytes of virtual cloud storage. I also would like to take this opportunity to formally invite you to "start fresh" at our friendly forums. I can assure you that "newbies"'(jongs) are welcomed with open arms by our entire community(unlike here at TGR), there is no "hazing period" or rudeness tolerated. If you are weary of all the foolishness and yearn for some intellectually stimulating mountain sport discourse, then come join our fun-loving but responsible bunch of snowriding aficionados who know the benefits of what good moderation brings to an on-line community. I think most all of you will find that our seasoned moderators "keep the bar high" by maintaining a sense of order and decorum, while encouraging quality discussion about our favorite pastime. It may take a small amount of getting used to, as we do have reasonable standards as far as language and image posting that are strictly enforced. I will warn you however up front that registering an ALIAS is strictly "VERBOTEN", and something we have zero-tolerance with. The registration is easy and painless, and the rules will be explained in detail during the process. If you are tired of the juvenile goings-on at TGR, all I can say is: "Come join the fun"!

Hilarious.
    Also, dude has apparently never heard of cloud services.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by AlpineZone View Post
    Hi Buster Highmen! Have you had enough of struggling to upload and share media larger than a paltry 2mb on this technically primitive and pathetically obsolete platform? I bet you have! Do you wish there was a winter sports forum which has no size limit for your uploads and runs on bombproof AI-Powered and Blockchain-Enabled hardware and software? Well there is! We have superior bandwidth and response times on our 5G superfibre Edge Computing network as well as a state-of-the-art virtual blade server farm with 500000 terabytes of virtual cloud storage. I also would like to take this opportunity to formally invite you to "start fresh" at our friendly forums. I can assure you that "newbies"'(jongs) are welcomed with open arms by our entire community(unlike here at TGR), there is no "hazing period" or rudeness tolerated. If you are weary of all the foolishness and yearn for some intellectually stimulating mountain sport discourse, then come join our fun-loving but responsible bunch of snowriding aficionados who know the benefits of what good moderation brings to an on-line community. I think most all of you will find that our seasoned moderators "keep the bar high" by maintaining a sense of order and decorum, while encouraging quality discussion about our favorite pastime. It may take a small amount of getting used to, as we do have reasonable standards as far as language and image posting that are strictly enforced. I will warn you however up front that registering an ALIAS is strictly "VERBOTEN", and something we have zero-tolerance with. The registration is easy and painless, and the rules will be explained in detail during the process. If you are tired of the juvenile goings-on at TGR, all I can say is: "Come join the fun"!
    We should join the fun.

Hi Al Pinezone! Have you had enough of assuring that "newbies"'(jongs) are welcomed with open arms on your technically primitive and pathetically obsolete platform? I bet you have! If you are tired of your juvenile goings-on, all I can say is we don't have reasonable standards as far as language and image posting that are strictly enforced. Do you wish there was an adjustable forum which has no soul limit for my upchuck and runs on bombproof ethics and Bankman Fried Enabled™ hardware and software? Well there isn't! We have superior pantswidth and ejaculation times on our 5G Superfish Smegmatic Computing™ network as well as a state-of-the-art virtual blood swerver farm with 500000 tittybytes of virtual clod storage. I also would like to take this opportunity to formally invite you to "get fresh" at our friendly forums. I can buy our entire community(unlike here at TGR), there is no "Ayn Rand period" or dudeness tolerated. If you are weary of all my foolishness and yearn for some sexually stimulating mountain sport intercourse, then come join our fun-loving but responsible bunch of snowriding aficionados who know the benefits of what good blowjobs bring to an on-line community.