Check Out Our Shop

RIP - Bobbie Burns -

This is starting to circulate:

From his daughter Montana ...

The world lost a bright light yesterday. My dad waited for me to fly across the country and give him one last hug before he left us. For those of you who didn’t get the opportunity to know Bobbie, he was quite the character. In my humble opinion, he was the most joyous, creative, and magnetic human I’ve ever known. He loved so much. His work, his skis, his mountain, his friends, but most of all his family. He was an endless innovator and lived a really big life. He was my biggest cheerleader, made me laugh daily, and bolstered my confidence in ways I could only hope to pass onto others. Alzheimer’s took him slowly and then all at once. The layers of grief are many and this loss feels incalculable. For those of you who knew Bobbie, his memory and joy lives on in us. I’ll be in Ketchum for the weekend if anyone wants a hug or to tell some good Bobbie stories. We will plan a celebration of life later this year and spread his ashes on Baldy. Thank you to everyone who loved him and was there for him through the years. I’m convinced that’s all that really matters in the end. He taught me so much about resilience and finding your own happiness. So I’m going to keep moving forward with those gifts. Thank you dad. I just love you so much.

I first met Bobbie in 1995. Once I left Sun Valley, I would bump into him in town or the hill on occasion. He always had a minute to spare and a story to share. The last time I saw him was February of 2016 at the Kneadery.

Just a casual acquaintance but what a rad experience!

RIP Mr. Burns. I met him once about 15 years ago in the Warm Springs Lodge. We were there filming for SV and the ISAA and he was curious so we spoke for a few minutes. He was genuinely interested in our activities and had some suggestions of what we should shoot. Really a nice man and a legend in the world of Freestyle. He had a life well lived. Peace.

“How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Bummer. Definitely one of those Ketchum characters that everyone knew. RIP.

Sent from my SM-S928U1 using Tapatalk
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."