Check Out Our Shop
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Boot Heaters, heated socks, and other old man products

Made the switch to Zipfits and now need some heat. VT Joey said Lenz socks over in the Zipfit thread. What do I want that just works?

Lenz, thermic, or hottronic heated stuff is the best. $200 ish for a package

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    Lenz, thermic, or hottronic heated stuff is the best. $200 ish for a package
    Double that for socks (or more) . . . and don't get the small batteries.

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    Double that for socks . . .
    Buy Lenz from Euro sites to save $$$.

Costco heated ski socks are $40. They seem pretty good. Maybe a little thicker than I would prefer. Of course now that I bought them, it's warm enough to rain
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    Suggestions where? Might do this...
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I tried the heated sock thing and wasn't impressed. Part of the reason is that I like thin socks, and thought they were too thick. Anyways, when I bought new boots I decided to go the heated insole route. I find them to be much better.

Next up for me will be heated gloves.

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    Yep, saved over $100 on an extra set of Lenz batteries for those spare socks.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Tradeinn and SkatePro

Therm-ic boot batteries are excellent. New design is super stable on the attachment point, easy to charge, and bluetooth control. $ but also $.

Seems like warming store has 20% off with FB20 and then ActiveJunky 8% as well. Edit: 20% coupon voids the cashback
    Last edited by oldblue; 01-24-2024 at 11:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    Seems like warming store has 20% off with FB20 and then ActiveJunky 8% as well.
    Heads up on Warming Store - ordered a couple items this winter that took 3-4 weeks to ship.

Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    Seems like warming store has 20% off with FB20 and then ActiveJunky 8% as well.
    I can't even seem to add any of the Therm-IC line to my cart on the warming store website. Shows literally everything as OOS.

Tesmasport has the best pricing on Lenz but shipping batteries takes a while… I picked up some from a great Italian shop w/ fast ups shipping to UT

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Super stoked on the new Thermi-Ic heated socks. After struggling with busted wires on heated Sidas footbeds over the yrs these have been a godsend. Bunch of subzero pow days and 2 days of standing in the snow for the kids' freeride comps have sold me....

yeah, the shipping batteries from Europe seems a problem, how long does it take?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I bought a heated boot bag from Skatepro. The website ended in .ca so I assumed it was Canadian.
    The bag has a 12v plug for the car but the other plug is european voltage so I would need a transformer to use it in the house.
    Shipping was fast though.

Happy with my hottronics 1800 Bluetooth setup Works well, heats good and minor change in feel of footbed

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

New to this world but between age and a few frostnip days last year now have been getting cold / numb big toes only . I have an intuition and a tight shell fit in a Cochise so use ultralight socks. Have custom footbeds and not much instep room at all so between that and the intuition don't know if a bootsole heater is an option. But are there any truly ultralight heated socks either? WWJD?

fwiw i have lenz 6.1 socks in xl that are a little big; only worn a couple times .....i ended up getting same in a large. anyone can pm me if interested, then just need the battery packs.

Quote Originally Posted by Duffman View Post
    New to this world but between age and a few frostnip days last year now have been getting cold / numb big toes only . I have an intuition and a tight shell fit in a Cochise so use ultralight socks. Have custom footbeds and not much instep room at all so between that and the intuition don't know if a bootsole heater is an option. But are there any truly ultralight heated socks either? WWJD?
    i have a real tight fit on my mach 1 lv''s....i hear you on the socks - these lenz 6.1 socks are thin enough for me

try the chemical bootheaters stuck to the top of your toes and if they don't work its like 3 $ to find out
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    try the chemical bootheaters stuck to the top of your toes and if they don't work its like 3 $ to find out
    The wife swears by those.but I don't have enough room to make those fit

Boot heaters are by far the thinnest option. It's like the width of a business card. Or less. You won't feel it. Goes on top of your footbed, then don't use the liner cover they give you. Just stick the heating sticker on top of the footbed and done.

They're awfully proud of those Lenz socks, huh?
    The Costco ones list a higher Merino content, btw.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.