Check Out Our Shop
Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB 2024 Thread

MLB 2024 Thread

Time to get the annual MLB thread going
    NOT a lifetime Rangers fan but been supporting them since my son and I ‘s favourite player Corey Seager went there. Especially once my Dodgers flamed out in the post season, AGAIN. Def both cheered loud enough for the whole tri state to hear it when he hit THAT homerun

So going to start this up before Irul starts on another Yankee excuse parade, as Hot Stove is heating to burning and there are a lot of large shoes to drop including Shohei Ohtani or Yoshinobu Yamamoto. Dylan Cease is on the move , somewhere. Cody Bellinger seems primed to make a shit ton of money to maybe not revert to his career mean….

Woo hoo, Dodgers signed Joe Kelly & Jey Hey, start up the parade plans….
    Hope we get some more fun surprise teams this season and the Dodgers somehow find post season relevance, last sentence aside.

Also since we ended the 2023 thread talking about the Mets and players they bring over, thought I would add that the Mets will be paying $41,621, 859 to Scherzer & Verlander in the 2024 season.

that really is Amazin'!

As a Mets fan, let me just say that a) it's not my money and Cohen seems ok with it, and b) they got good prospects because they're paying the money. So fuck yeah.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    As a Mets fan, let me just say that a) it's not my money and Cohen seems ok with it, and b) they got good prospects because they're paying the money. So fuck yeah.

As a baseball fan with nearly 20 years in the tristate I hope the Mets win NY and go far in the playoffs.

Until the NLCS, to paraphrase the great baseball aficionado Don Corleone "Good luck to you. Especially since your interests don't conflict with mine. "

Bmills. buy a lottery ticket.

the Cleveland Guardians will have the No. 1 pick in next July’s amateur draft. the Guardians’ had a 2 percent chance to land the top pick

MLB 2024 Thread

The enemy of my enemy is my friend. Go Mets.
    Last edited by Brock Landers; 12-06-2023 at 05:33 AM.
    Decisions Decisions

MLB 2024 Thread

With Donaldson gone, cashman needed a new Least Liked Yankee and got his man in Verdugo.

Fitts (nice AA season), weissert and some guy idk headed to boston.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Ugh. Sox in tank mode before Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Ugh. Sox in tank mode before Christmas.
    Anything is better than wherever bloom was going. But I’m not optimistic for next year.
    Decisions Decisions

Go phils....signed Nola, looking for another starter too.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    Bmills. buy a lottery ticket.

the Cleveland Guardians will have the No. 1 pick in next July’s amateur draft. the Guardians’ had a 2 percent chance to land the top pick
    Woot!

It’s starting to come together!
    I still call it The Jake.

NEWS FLASH:

Four-letter network that produced and broadcast The Decision upset that Ohtani not providing them with the opportunity to do the same with his free agency.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...gers-blue-jays

That's a whole lot of words to tell the reader they don't understand how a Japanese player with different values and culture could handle his personal business affairs differently than say LeBron.

The icing on the cake is that tmzSPN felt it necessary to have Stephen A. produce video content to blast Ohtani as well for being "secretive".

What a bunch of clowns.

I for one need to know what Stephen A thinks. He’s famously always right and has historically been really into baseball.

I for one need to know what Stephen A thinks. He’s famously always right and has historically been really into baseball.
    Paragon of baseball knowledge, that Stephen A.

Congrats Chowds, your guy got the Frick Award this year while Tom Hamilton continues to wait.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    NEWS FLASH:

Four-letter network that produced and broadcast The Decision upset that Ohtani not providing them with the opportunity to do the same with his free agency.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...gers-blue-jays

That's a whole lot of words to tell the reader they don't understand how a Japanese player with different values and culture could handle his personal business affairs differently than say LeBron.

The icing on the cake is that tmzSPN felt it necessary to have Stephen A. produce video content to blast Ohtani as well for being "secretive".

What a bunch of clowns.
    Not to be outdone, I heard Mad Dog complaining about the secrecy and comparing it to the atomic bomb. ESPN baseball coverage is embarrassingly bad. Passan and Kirkjian are the only ones worth a damn over there.

Holy shit! Joe Castig going to the Hall.

“SWING!!!!….and a pop up…”
    Decisions Decisions

Looking like Soto to the Yanks is about done. I won’t miss the Dodgers having to face him 14 times a year.

Welp, RIP to Soto getting a ring. Once again the Yankees go for offense not defense or pitching. He’ll hit sixty HRs and lose in the ALDS.

My son just came in to tell me the Soto deal was done, and I could tell by the tear in his eye that once again the Yanks have stuck a knife in our hopes and dreams. It was painful for him to tell me that it was King.

Welp, RIP to Soto getting a ring. Once again the Yankees go for offense not defense or pitching. He’ll hit sixty HRs and lose in the ALDS.
    Let the hate flow through you
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

https://www.mlb.com/news/craig-kimbr...ree-agent-deal

Haven’t Baltimore fans suffered enough?

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Horse View Post
    My son just came in to tell me the Soto deal was done, and I could tell by the tear in his eye that once again the Yanks have stuck a knife in our hopes and dreams. It was painful for him to tell me that it was King.
    I cant tell if you are a Yankees, Sox, Orioles or Padres fan by this but I hope your son finds joy somewhere in baseball like mine did with multiple away games last year and Corey Seager's post Season.

Quote Originally Posted by alias_rice View Post
    https://www.mlb.com/news/craig-kimbr...ree-agent-deal

Haven’t Baltimore fans suffered enough?
    I think he's got a lot of good leadership and perspective to give young O's bullpen guys, even if his closing abilities aren't what they once were. I wouldn't be surprised to see him as a 8 setup man if some young gun on the O's establishes themselves as a better closer as the season wears on.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    I cant tell if you are a Yankees, Sox, Orioles or Padres fan by this but I hope your son finds joy somewhere in baseball like mine did with multiple away games last year and Corey Seager's post Season.
    I guess that could be read multiple ways!

Yanks. Through and through. Inherited the passion from my father who inherited it from his father. Now my son has it from me.

Oh, don't worry. He's a ballplayer, and a good one. He loves the game.

Can the Yanks work their magic and turn Soto into a .230 hitter?