Check Out Our Shop
Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 LastLast
    Grizzlies coming soon to spice up your tour

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Looks like good coverage at WA pass still.

Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post

Cool. I’ve been following it.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Cascadia/WA Pow Farming ‘23/‘24

Quote Originally Posted by Sklimber View Post
    Looks like good coverage at WA pass still.
    Best it’s been in the last few years at least.
    Today:

Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post

Sweet

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Cool. I’ve been following it.
    Agreed. Obviously it's going to involve extra precautions for rec users in the North Cascades, but the bears belong there.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Agreed. Obviously it's going to involve extra precautions for rec users in the North Cascades, but the bears belong there.
    Which would you rather fight- a Grizzly or a Gorilla? I guess ill have to ditch the pocket bacon.

I shared this on other forums but you might be interested as well. There is an open comment period on 2 USFS projects, one restoration project in Gold Creek (Snoqualmie) and another related to hut proposals in the Mt Baker district. I volunteer with the Cascade Backcountry Alliance and helped write the guidance on the hut post here:

https://www.cascadebackcountryallian...t-baker-region
    https://www.cascadebackcountryallian...d-creek-valley

Comments on either are due by May 2, please share your thoughts with the forest service!

Most ppl are not in favor of private huts on public land .

Most people are against good things happening to others if they're left out of the benefit.

I guess I'm curious what needs to be restored at Gold Creek Pond. It's a borrow pit for heaven's sake.

Quote Originally Posted by kamtron View Post
    I shared this on other forums but you might be interested as well. There is an open comment period on 2 USFS projects, one restoration project in Gold Creek (Snoqualmie) and another related to hut proposals in the Mt Baker district. I volunteer with the Cascade Backcountry Alliance and helped write the guidance on the hut post here:

https://www.cascadebackcountryallian...t-baker-region
    https://www.cascadebackcountryallian...d-creek-valley

Comments on either are due by May 2, please share your thoughts with the forest service!
    Done.

Given that millions of NFS acres are given over to privateering logging, it would be nice if a little more of that land were allocated to public recreation.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

from skimming through the project documents, it seems like the goal is to fill in a lot of the pond and the unnaturally wide flood plain that has evolved (due to human alteration of the valley bottom) so that there's a narrower, more consistently running creek that dries out less frequently and preserves more refuge ponds for trout who are in the upper creek in summer/fall

I'm all for anything that improves the generally abysmal state of rivers and creeks for fish habitat (and fishing) around here but 10 years of closed access (particularly during winter when they'll be doing a lot less work) without any concrete plan to add new access in the face of rapidly rising utilization of existing trailheads seems like something that needs to be mitigated before they start the project

Cascadia/WA Pow Farming ‘23/‘24

My favorite line @ wapass:

That notch on the SE side of the hairpin.
    Yes I’m hotspotting.

Decent refresh incoming. Get some errybody

Gorgeous morning out in the Alpental Valley. Paid to be early as it was surprisingly sunny and warming up fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry - Mark Twain

Going to try for baker on Friday. Looks like thursday is the day but can't swing it. Bad idea with the snow over the 36 hrs or so then sky rocketing temps? Will be coming up from Glacier and the heliotrope up to coleman. Planning on a super early start. 5am ish. Any advice appreciated for some interior BC folks. Thanks!
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

Squalid smegmatic dank freeze foetid fog rattle bulletproof corduroy to sugar raincorn Crustal closer.

Marshall's HerLabs skis are a creeping virus, saw 3 pairs today among the few hundred indigent k00ks in the drizzle sordid snow squall freshets.

Gondolizing by 8:45, canned it at 12:15.
    A most moist moss fecund fern finisher.

Empty until about 11, then line creep. Shuffled through fillling holes in quads, burned at least 15 GV laps, slowing as the line growing. Snorting Elk bowl/berry patch never thawed. GV bowl or Pro Course were the tickets.

Viz sucked skankwads, so split early.

A funny season in the PNW.

Uploader busted again

Quote Originally Posted by el hefe View Post
    Going to try for baker on Friday. Looks like thursday is the day but can't swing it. Bad idea with the snow over the 36 hrs or so then sky rocketing temps? Will be coming up from Glacier and the heliotrope up to coleman. Planning on a super early start. 5am ish. Any advice appreciated for some interior BC folks. Thanks!
    Sent you a pm with extra deets, but long story short I think this really looks like the next big warm-up. After Wednesday no me parece bueno para ski.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

I watched the webcams and just couldn't overcome my reservations about the fog and bad light. But hey, it's skiing right? Glad you turned it into decent day & now wish I got up. Last Tuesday was good touring with a few inches of fresh for some quality meadow skipping. Early tomorrow looks like the same, might be a good day for a dawn patrol mission if it stays cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Squalid smegmatic dank freeze foetid fog rattle bulletproof corduroy to sugar raincorn Crustal closer.

Marshall's HerLabs skis are a creeping virus, saw 3 pairs today among the few hundred indigent k00ks in the drizzle sordid snow squall freshets.

Gondolizing by 8:45, canned it at 12:15.
    A most moist moss fecund fern finisher.

Empty until about 11, then line creep. Shuffled through fillling holes in quads, burned at least 15 GV laps, slowing as the line growing. Snorting Elk bowl/berry patch never thawed. GV bowl or Pro Course were the tickets.

Viz sucked skankwads, so split early.

A funny season in the PNW.

Uploader busted again

Quote Originally Posted by L82thegate View Post
    I watched the webcams and just couldn't overcome my reservations about the fog and bad light. But hey, it's skiing right? Glad you turned it into decent day & now wish I got up. Last Tuesday was good touring with a few inches of fresh for some quality meadow skipping. Early tomorrow looks like the same, might be a good day for a dawn patrol mission if it stays cold.
    I haven't seen you guys since January; was worried. Glad to know you're still getting after it.

It's so weird to go up there and see no one I know. Chimes tange.

Quote Originally Posted by kamtron View Post
    Sent you a pm with extra deets, but long story short I think this really looks like the next big warm-up. After Wednesday no me parece bueno para ski.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
    I know the snow will be shit but this is the only day that works for 3 busy dads! Thanks for the help so far. Staying in Glacier Thurs night, wondering where the best spot would be to stop for some groceries, beers, and bud once we cross the border?

Friday seems like the worst possible day to be in the alpine with generous new snow and freezing levels at or above the summit of Baker.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by el hefe View Post
    I know the snow will be shit but this is the only day that works for 3 busy dads! Thanks for the help so far. Staying in Glacier Thurs night, wondering where the best spot would be to stop for some groceries, beers, and bud once we cross the border?
    Kendall Market got a makeover so it's not too bad. Crossroads is decent for groceries too. For bud I only know of Green Spot in Glacier. I'm not sure how good they are because I don't partake and my partner prefers other dispos tho.

Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Friday seems like the worst possible day to be in the alpine with generous new snow and freezing levels at or above the summit of Baker.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Yes, agreed but we have been waiting for about a month for a couple of back to back clear days.

Kendall and Crossroads, are these in Glacier? Probably not rolling in until about 5 ish.