Check Out Our Shop
Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    Phatstix is an OG mag, good skier,good dude.

Skiings good!

Power went out at Campo last night at 8. Amazing how many people go out, without cash.
    You're a good man, Shred. And you're right - skiing is good. My first post in five years last night, not so much. Just venting a little. Out of line. My bad.
    (cash is king)

What’s the best way to watch some racing this weekend? Can you ski Ajax and see it from the hill or gotta do the bleachers thing? Always been out of town for WC weekend in the past
    Quote Originally Posted by other grskier View Post
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

THE Aspen/Snowmass / Greater Roaring Fork Valley 23-24 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
    What’s the best way to watch some racing this weekend? Can you ski Ajax and see it from the hill or gotta do the bleachers thing? Always been out of town for WC weekend in the past
    My wife is on the side of Slalom with our boys right now watching and said it’s great.

According to the trails currently listed as Open, there should be course visibility from below Ruthie’s restaurant on Lower Roch, along with Super 8, Magnifico, Lazy 8 Gully and Corkscrew.

ETA: no props to skico for the chairs, as they’re only for customers who buy Vueve (like Snow Beach). But still a great visiting spot:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1709320897.989881.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	193.5 KB 
ID:	488838
    Last edited by alpinevibes; 03-01-2024 at 05:39 PM.

I have an extra VIP ticket for today if anyone wants it. I’m going to the 1pm race and won’t be upvalley til then, but if you want it gimme a holler

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

What area has the best odds to turn lifts on a day like tomorrow? We were on watching the race today and the gondola closed before 2. Fiancé was basically done for the day but I m thinking there wasn’t another way back up the mountain anyways??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ski whore View Post
    I have an extra VIP ticket for today if anyone wants it. I’m going to the 1pm race and won’t be upvalley til then, but if you want it gimme a holler

Props to ski whore for hooking it up! Made my wife happy hanging in VIP. Fun racing today and what a save by Odermatt.

Name:	Image1709438004.621706.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	221.2 KB 
ID:	489056

We’ll be at Highlands tomorrow - I think it’s great for storm/wind skiing. Sounds like Snowmass lift were getting shut down this afternoon (?) and Tiehack was running 1/2 speed.

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    Props to ski whore for hooking it up! Made my wife happy hanging in VIP. Fun racing today and what a save by Odermatt.

Name:	Image1709438004.621706.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	221.2 KB 
ID:	489056

We’ll be at Highlands tomorrow - I think it’s great for storm/wind skiing. Sounds like Snowmass lift were getting shut down this afternoon (?) and Tiehack was running 1/2 speed.
    Tiehack closed at 12:30. Never have I seen lift lines at buttermilk like that. We are wondering the same about Snowmass. One of my crew doesn't want to go there. I know Burn and High Alpine were shut all day. But I looked at 2:30 and didn't see any other closures on my aspen app.

Is 1A open to public today? Looked like it was yesterday

THE Aspen/Snowmass / Greater Roaring Fork Valley 23-24 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ski whore View Post
    Is 1A open to public today? Looked like it was yesterday

Came in here to ask the same question

It’s gonna be a good one, see y’all out there!!

edit: holy shit what a morning, so much fun

Last edited by JaytaeMoney; 03-03-2024 at 01:34 PM.

1A closed, but if you said you were a spectator you got the hall pass. Got 5 in on that side and dumps were skiing like backcountry for a while

An excellent morning.

Today in Aspen was very good, and if you were willing to lap the couch, the afternoon was good too.

www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Highlands was pretty amazing in spots, rough in other spots (Eden, no name). DT line was out of control late morning as the flow moved around. But great laps in Oly, great skiing in DT when it opened and face shots down the Bowl at 2pm. Great birthday present for me

Name:	Image1709509037.515995.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	179.5 KB 
ID:	489146

Name:	Image1709509049.549479.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	392.9 KB 
ID:	489148

Super fun day. Gondy line at Ajax was crazy at 9 but then as usual ski right on every lift the rest of the day. They were telling everyone in line the gondy would close at 11 and to stay high, called their bluff after feeling no wind and skied untracked t2b laps all morning with no wait. Got over to pandoras for a bit around noon and it seemed like it had been hammered early, but still soft enough to launch blair witch which I’d been waiting for. Last dollar stayed fresh to the very end of the day
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
    They were telling everyone in line the gondy would close at 11 and to stay high, called their bluff after feeling no wind and skied untracked t2b laps all morning with no wait.
    We did the exact same thing, can't believe how long it took the masses to wise up. I even told the guy who told us to stay up high that I would see him in 20 after my first T to B cuz I just watched him tell several hundred people not to ski back down to the bottom. He said it was a "bad idea", turns out it was a very good idea because that was easily my best day of the season (I missed out on Tuesday). The run I took down Cone 1 at 11am was one of the best laps I have ever skied in there.

Ha yeah it was pretty wild. I’ve seen them discourage people from coming back to the gondy a bunch of times before and from my experience it’s always worth coming immediately back down. But saying it was gonna close due to wind was a new one, I know it was supposed to be really windy but didn’t happen

Was in Utah for the weekend. Sounds like some great skiing… but a dust layer as well?

Yeah, substantial dust layer.

Winds were nuking on the Bowl.

Snow day freebie for the Aspenites tomorrow; what were we saying about being soft??

A. how do you like those rustlers?
    B. How about the totals this am?!?! Perfect morning before flying out this afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by CnRzG View Post
    B. How about the totals this am?!?! Perfect morning before flying out this afternoon.
    Snow is deep and blower. I’m at Buttermilk with the kids, but it’s pretty amazing.

Keep an eye on your inbound plane and/or if they’re taking volunteers to wait till tomorrow.

Weeks like this make me wish I lived in downtown aspen and worked nights

Living in downtown Aspen is always Rad.

It has been a good week!

What an awesome day on tiehack/milk. Trees, pistes, everything skied so well. Making it even better was the walk on lifts. Left at noon and spent 4 hours in ASE waiting for our plane to get in. Until next year… love early March in Aspen.

Quote Originally Posted by CnRzG View Post
    A. how do you like those rustlers?
    I love them so far but with the conditions during the past week it's been a honeymoon phase on steroids... I think I'd have enjoyed myself if I mounted up a couple 2x4's

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    Was in Utah for the weekend. Sounds like some great skiing… but a dust layer as well?
    The dirt you were playing in was only revealed this past weekend as the layer on top got transported to our snowpack.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.