Check Out Our Shop
Page 98 of 108 FirstFirst ... 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... LastLast
Results 2,426 to 2,450 of 2685
    Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    Solitude, like most other places, charges a premium for weekend parking pass.
    Not really like its neighbors. Alta and Brighton parking is included with your pass. Bird you can park for the cost of stress.

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    I don't expect things to change.
    So why not just announce the parking details?

FKNA, what a beautiful closing day. A very nice cap to a very nice season.

Had a super fun closing day @ Alta with my wife and kids today! We also had a bunch of extended family in town this past Sunday thru Friday and they were blown away by the mid April conditions.

I didn't know what to tell them to expect as this is only our 2nd winter in SLC and last winter was a bit out of the ordinary. Several of you told me it would be good to go a month ago when I posted looking for advice, and you guys were so right - thanks!

My brother-in-law and his 14yo son were among the crew and they were quite the rippers - they made me feel like I just started skiing and I consider myself a pretty strong skier. They were lucky enough to be at Alta on Thursday when the Baldy bootpack opened as well as Friday @ the Bird when Pipeline opened. The shit eating grin on that kid's face after coming down Pipeline can not be adequately described with words. I'm thrilled just to have been a witness to how happy this kid was - a great reminder of why we ski and how much joy this sport brings us.

Anyhow, thanks to the awesome folks at Alta for a great season. After bouncing all over the place last year to see where we liked to ski best, we decided to make Alta our "family mountain" this season and other than a half dozen or so days @ Snowbird, it was the only place we ski'd this year. I'm confident that I could only ski Alta & Snowbird for the rest of my life and die happy.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyUtah801 View Post
    I'm confident that I could only ski Alta & Snowbird for the rest of my life and die happy.
    LCC sits at the middle of a terrain/snow quantity/snow quality Venn diagram that few others occupy.

Glad to hear Alta was good today. Snowbird was decent but last weekend was better. Still pretty fun, though. The terrain closures are...frustrating.
    Last edited by Dantheman; 04-22-2024 at 11:48 AM.

More of a Mohr's Circle DTM

So many beers, so many hot dogs, long live Frank!
    The whole human race is de evolving; it is due to birth control, smart people use birth control, and stupid people keep pooping out more stupid babies.

Fyi gear room has some50% off avi packs out front. I bought one airbag, but there were two more there when I left. OG BCA for $50

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

ada

ada

Hope you fuckers are still shredding.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    Hope you fuckers are still shredding.
    We are, just can't post pictures for some reason

Anyone want a set of free Intuition Power Wrap+ , size 27 HV? They’re in good shape, molded once, just didn’t work out for me

I’d try those power wraps. Have some k2 recon pros that I’d like to get a more performance fit out of. I’m in Cottonwood Heights. Will be shredding the bird Saturday and Sunday

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

bird was really good from 9-11 today.

great spring pow off of little cloud.

Clouds rolled in and it warmed up and turned to ass but it was really good early on.

The skiing during that blue hole from 9-11 way exceeded expectations. Even the lower mountain was skiing great. Deteriorated so quickly, though.

Did the blue hole disappear and deliver later in the day?

I left as the hole closed, doesn’t seem like it snowed at all in the afternoon. Maybe rain? Which depending on overnight temps could potentially smooth things out for tomorrow with a dusting tonight.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

I left about 2:00 after spending a long time kicking it with BobMc and beaterdit. It was snowing pretty hard at that point but didn't seem to be accumulating. Don't have high hopes for tomorrow but we'll see.

Thanks

1" and 20* at the peak. My guess is full on coral reef skiing this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    1" and 20* at the peak. My guess is full on coral reef skiing this morning.
    I had to go to a graduation yesterday and couldn’t get out so I woke up at 5am to look at weather this morning and went back to bed. Oh well, still waiting for that corn cycle.

I took the dog for a 5 mile run in Dimple Dell. Perfect conditions in the sand pit.

Today has to be high in the running for worst day of the season. I'm amazed there's anyone skiing at all.

DTM, I remember when you were thinking of getting the dog. It appears that you are very happy that you did.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

All of my concerns about the PITA aspects of dog ownership have been proven correct and then some, but he's a good good boy that we all love to death and I'm glad he's part of the family.

Heard from Bob that things did improve later in the day.

Today wasn’t too bad. The clouds lifted now and then to provide some light. Crowds were non-existent. Never got sticky and things loosened up nicely. Yesterday was definitely top five worst days of the season, today was moved out of that category.

Well I can't post pictures but I skied pow yesterday, it was really good.
    The whole human race is de evolving; it is due to birth control, smart people use birth control, and stupid people keep pooping out more stupid babies.