Check Out Our Shop
Page 91 of 108 FirstFirst ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,275 of 2685
    Well that was fun. Cotton bottom still good?

Quote Originally Posted by 406 View Post
    Well that was a fun day. Cotton bottom still good?
    yep

great leftovers up at basin + some awesome gate openings. wasn't expecting to get to ski mb cirque today!

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Where's the basin crew at? 10"+ on the stake. Skiing JP, black jacket and pants, white helmet with a BBI sticker on the side. Ask for change.

It's a ghost town up here. I've skied busier Tuesdays with high pressure.

Exceptional, on the right aspects at le bird

Sent from my CPH2417 using Tapatalk

Stoke levels high here! At the airport, another great trip with the groms. Just a stellar week with fresh snow every day, starting with a deep Sunday some great rope drops in the sun wed and Friday , stellar storm skiing thursday. Duff Jr was stoked to hit his first Get Serious and some Upper Cirque lines , also started sending some small drops in Rasta and Pucker Brush . He also loved playing "tour guide" and showing my wife's cousin around Supreme Bowl and Catherines. Also loved watching the local rippers send huge on the Wave. Whoever hit the big triple on Wed, that was sweet!

He chatted up many a local on the lifts about his lines, everyone was great and happy to share the stoke w him.

The 6yo little miss duff really crushed ski school, getting on some easier blacks and mastering poles for the first time! Kudos once again to the badass instructors at Alta and Snowbird, the progression these kids have made every time out here is just fantastic !

Thanks for sharing your playground once again, and hope you guys keep getting it into the spring!

Quote Originally Posted by Duffman View Post
    Stoke levels high here! At the airport, another great trip with the groms. Just a stellar week with fresh snow every day, starting with a deep Sunday some great rope drops in the sun wed and Friday , stellar storm skiing thursday. Duff Jr was stoked to hit his first Get Serious and some Upper Cirque lines , also started sending some small drops in Rasta and Pucker Brush . He also loved playing "tour guide" and showing my wife's cousin around Supreme Bowl and Catherines. Also loved watching the local rippers send huge on the Wave. Whoever hit the big triple on Wed, that was sweet!

He chatted up many a local on the lifts about his lines, everyone was great and happy to share the stoke w him.

The 6yo little miss duff really crushed ski school, getting on some easier blacks and mastering poles for the first time! Kudos once again to the badass instructors at Alta and Snowbird, the progression these kids have made every time out here is just fantastic !

Thanks for sharing your playground once again, and hope you guys keep getting it into the spring!
    Thanks for coming. Sharing something as special like the Wasatch to those that appreciate it is a true pleasure. Ski ya soon.

really phenomenal day today*, great skiing with NBAbucks and Gus. no crowds and untracked snow until late in the afternoon

*as long as you stayed above mid-mountain

" But in the mid-1980s, Park City Ski Area was making a strong push to “cool down” Clown Day. In 1985, the Park Record reported on a new rule at the resort, an addition that became known as the “clown clause.” Those holding season passes or coupons would not be allowed to ski in costume on April 1st. The idea, according to Ed Bowers, communications director at the time for Park City Ski, was “to control the rowdy aspect of the costumed event.” Although the resort didn’t prohibit celebrations entirely at first, even hosting its own party in the parking lot, their cool down didn’t seem to work in the end. The resorts continued to crack down on costumed and intoxicated skiing, and by the end of the decade, Clown Day had been banned entirely. "
    Clown day 1985 I was working King Con chair, it was snowing like hell and clowns kept handing me mushrooms. Waited until my lunch break and ate a fistful. Went up top and spent the afternoon staring at clowns riding up my lift in a driving snowstorm.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

End of April 1st on mountain parties and costumes allowed on the lifts @ the bird was mid nineties.
    There was a jump built at the on mountain party (keg included) with a shitty landing.
    Fella got inverted and suffered a significant spinal injury.
    Whilst we were backboarding him we wished we had a shield wall to protect us and him from all the incoming snowballs...
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

absolutely world class day

thanks SFB and mrsSFB for getting out (pictured below along with some non mag friends)

unreal good skiing

who's got more stoke?? post it if ya got it

Edit some pictures are coming through poorly I'll try to fix later

yah, was fookin deep! and dumping all morning. Parking lot burgers were delish. Been a nice season so far, lots of snow the last few weeks.
    My boy has been digging it. His powder skills have improved dramatically this spring.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20240324_204951993.jpeg 
Views:	114 
Size:	109.4 KB 
ID:	492687
    sigless.

Could not be bothered to take another snow globe pic riding solo at the bird last 2 days but it was really good up high. Wind was working magic this afternoon, ended up lapping LC a bit which i rarely do. My body is tired. Hoping the slabs lock up, want to tour into something steep before spring sun can do too much.

Sent from my CPH2417 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by telefreewasatch View Post
    End of April 1st on mountain parties and costumes allowed on the lifts @ the bird was mid nineties.
    There was a jump built at the on mountain party (keg included) with a shitty landing.
    Fella got inverted and suffered a significant spinal injury.
    Whilst we were backboarding him we wished we had a shield wall to protect us and him from all the incoming snowballs...
    I was there that day. That was some pretty weak shit. I knew that was going to be the end of April Fools at the bird.
    Hunting kicks ass.
    Chicks dig Labs.
    I'll keep my job, my money and my guns and you can keep the change.
    From my cold dead hands.

Any good ski patrol gags today between SSP and ASP?

Powder was great all weekend, even with the denser-than-normal freshness. I guess it is spring, after all. Afternoon lightning hold meant heading to the Keg earlier than expected for Easter shenanigans. Fun day was tempered with the announcement that Paradise lift has mechanical issues and will be closed for the final week of the season.
    Montani Semper Liberi

Got out here from Thursday to Sunday at DV (good for our extremely small kiddos) and despite the turkey chili giving both me and my wife food poisoning, the snow was amazing.

Big props to all the friendly locals on the lift willing to share some good trees recs, and a huge thanks for the ski instructors for getting my 3.5yo into strong enough shape he rode his first chairlift and skied all the way down.

This was my second trip out here (first one was Brighton/Alta heavy) and you guys have something really special out here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Duffman View Post
    Any good ski patrol gags today between SSP and ASP?
    Always and forever.
    Two rules: Can't cost the other corp any $.
    Can't interfere with operations.

Quote Originally Posted by telefreewasatch View Post
    Always and forever.
    Two rules: Can't cost the other corp any $.
    Can't interfere with operations.
    Do live chickens in the patrol shack count.

Shot and a beer.
    Story time.
    Bout 92 or so on April 1st we hauled patrolman Fog, yeah my namesake, to the top of Baldy from Snowbird.
    Alta had been suffering nighttime violations of the Main Chute that winter.
    Fog was an appropriately clothed wood frame patrol effigy to fool most at a distance.
    Used to put him yonder where folks ducked ropes.
    Hilarious encounters.
    We beefed him up for his Baldy debut.
    Hauled him up the evening before, caught an early tram and had him hanging by a string atop the Main Chute by the time the patrol was un the upper half of the old Collins and the lower half of the old Germania.
    "Snowbird dispatch, Alta Dispatch".
    "Go ahead".
    "Couldn't raise you on the phone, but just lost sight of a coupla folks over the top of Baldy".
    Gave em a few seconds to look at the peak and cut the string. He didn't weigh so much, so he didn't go so fast.
    Shoulda made the skis and boots real heavy in hind sight.
    We had braced his feet apart, but not his tips and they worked there way towards each other; he starting making these little turns and went over the front. Bout 200 feet in.
    Looked pretty good from the rim.
    Silence fer 10 seconds or so.
    Then all kinds of hilarious radio chatter.
    They couldn't get him outta there for a week, so there were many frantic reports of an unmoving individual in the Main Chute.

Yer tryin to own em in these pranks...

Must have been around 1998. The Ski School (Snow sports dept) was solidly Austrian and the Director was Austrian. They were serious about being Austrian and in Austria, being a ski instructor is a solid career path and is respected. Unfortunately we were in Montana and they were the butt of some SP pranks.

4/1 dawned beautiful and sunny. One of the patrol members had found a ski school uniform at a local 2nd hand shop and bought it. We made a dummy with a pair of skis, boots, bindings that I donated and clothed the dummy in the uniform. At 8:55 people were lining up at the bottom of the tram when we announced to the crowd that the tram would be delayed while Hans (SS Dir) was going to attempt a 1st descent of the Summit Direct line.

Patrollers up top had already gotten the dummy in place just below the south Tram bay and with everyone watching from below they cut the string holding the dummy in place. Off Hans went, popping some little airs as the slope rolls over to the cliff. With perfect form Hans launched off a 200' cliff and sailed way out into space. He did not clear the bottom of the cliff, hit it at a high rate of speed and began to rag doll.

People at the bottom began screaming in horror. Those of us in on the joke were rolling on the ground, it looked so freaking real.

I was required to go into the GMs office later that day and explain the humor. I still don't think he gets it.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

So good.
    Never heard bout that.
    So fun to prank.
    Funny that Fog made the rounds...

Does anyone remember what year ASP put the huge fake trail map back in Mineral? I'm trying to find a pic of that, we were cracking up with that one

same year as snowbird put the monolith on top of high boy... 2021?

thx for the April 1 stories.... lovin it

I 1/2 forget one years back.... was it Bird that punked Alta with the entry 5 sign?