Check Out Our Shop
Page 62 of 108 FirstFirst ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... LastLast
Results 1,526 to 1,550 of 2685
    The Salt Lake Twins hold four of the best big lines in this range. Every exposure.
    Thank god St. Andrew hadn't discovered them before he published the shitting gallery.
    E face into Broads = long, steep, rocky, and exposed. Watch out for the skimo folks using it for an ascent route when descending.
    S couloir = Lisa Falls. Fair warning: when it's not freezing at night in the spring flip over to the next drainage west when descending, just after the junction with the other chutes.
    SW face = long walk out; gotta want this one though I have kept the old logging road in the N fork of Deaf Smith in trim. Just gotta find it...
    NW face = Prolly the most classic line, and one can ski Bonkers, Stairs, or the Power Plant chutes through the head of Ferguson as a bonus with a bit more hiking.
    Break trail with me and I'll join you!
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

If you make it to the Deaf Smith logging road after the creek crossings without crying...

Quote Originally Posted by Dshack89 View Post
    What he said ^. There is a reason 85 is only sold at high altitude.

Similar topic, it's pretty remarkable how much elevation impacts naturally aspirated HP...3% per 1000 ft. I have to swap props on my boat when I switch from Lake Powell vs Flaming Gorge or Jackson Lake.

Sent from my SM-S918U using TGR Forums mobile app
    I'll take any octane that's "clean" with no corn shit. Alcohol is for drinking, not the gas tank. Your cars ECU should retard timing to compensate for altitude. Is the 85 octane E10?

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    Everything (that was open) skied really well today, but Catherine's was sublime. It reminded me of that Steely Dan tune "Hey Nineteen" "....sure looks good...um um um".
    Attachment 485818
    well yeah supreme got shut down round 2 yesterday after a cold ass shouda come with comped hot chocalate 30 minute ride
    but it sure skied well yesterday

been stoked to get back to skiing with topher and packy been a good storm cycle
    sorrydude managed to open egp and the east face out to the guild line friday

was sure nice to see the sun days didnt suck and the bro pullin in after 8 with the biggest truck in the lot whining cause people didnt park at 45's and he needed to park to teach an avvy class made me chuckle maybe get up earlier or set a shuttle up for your class or go to cardiff bro
    and we only encountered one single splitter on the r&b ridline

pretty quite in cardiff today

tube had a bit of lingering old debris but sure didnt suck
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Top Notch Mags, enjoying the stoke in here.

Sweet shots Dibs, moar iz bettah.

Brock pulls the powder train. Again.

Skied the Twin SW face once with Trackhead, ascended Bonkers and exited out Power Plant. I didn't fully appreciate just how rad it was at the time. The peak was in the clouds all morning and we summited with full ping pong ball visibility. Decided not to try and wait it out and just ski. 20-30 minutes later it was sunny, that stung a little.

Twin also has the best summer scrambling. Stairs and Lisa Direct are amazing.

Quick half lap on the Flag Shoulder yesterday evening. Definitely some solar crust evident from Sunday, got a little dishearted on the way up but it skied surprisingly well.

Amazing shots from everyone, the stoke is high in this one
    you know there ain't no devil,
    there's just God when he's drunk---- Tom Waits

Holy shit, what a 2 hours of skiing that was this morning at Alta. It broke my heart to leave, but I had a meeting and couldn't risk getting caught up there. It turns out that 2+ inches an hour makes for pretty stellar skiing.

Solitude is not sucking today

Quote Originally Posted by alias_rice View Post
    Holy shit, what a 2 hours of skiing that was this morning at Alta. It broke my heart to leave, but I had a meeting and couldn't risk getting caught up there. It turns out that 2+ inches an hour makes for pretty stellar skiing.
    Yep couldn't agree more! Perfect hero snow density out there today. And thanks to ASP for the early opening! That'll teach the unattended ski droppers...

Now for a UTA mini-bitch ticket...I try to take the bus to reduce canyon congestion and just be a good citizen. At 11:10 today the UTA bus driver at GMD informed me that his dispatcher told him to hold at Alta until the road opened at 3 (the DH closure wasnt for another 2+ hours). Another bus joined him a couple mins later and was told to wait as well. WTF! The level of mismanagement at UTA is mind boggling.

But, thanks to Alvin for the hitchhike ride down!

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Skied the Twin SW face once with Trackhead, ascended Bonkers and exited out Power Plant. I didn't fully appreciate just how rad it was at the time. The peak was in the clouds all morning and we summited with full ping pong ball visibility. Decided not to try and wait it out and just ski. 20-30 minutes later it was sunny, that stung a little.
    This is the way. Upper Fergy headwall then Powerhouse or a neighbor. I've slogged back up to exit Stairs as well, better to do that after NW.
    I've had the same experience with cloud cover skiing the NW my first time. One hole in the clouds at the top to convince me it was worth dropping in, then ski by touch to the flats, and climb back out the same way. Gave me 0 perspective on the scope. When I finally got it with actual vis I couldn't believe the scale. As TFW said, the Twins holds some of the best line in the range, and the NW is very near the top...
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Quote Originally Posted by Dshack89 View Post
    And thanks to ASP for the early opening! That'll teach the unattended ski droppers...
    Always love when Grom and Jonathan do that
    "... she'll never need a doctor; 'cause I check her out all day"

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    This is the way. Upper Fergy headwall then Powerhouse or a neighbor. I've slogged back up to exit Stairs as well, better to do that after NW.
    I've had the same experience with cloud cover skiing the NW my first time. One hole in the clouds at the top to convince me it was worth dropping in, then ski by touch to the flats, and climb back out the same way. Gave me 0 perspective on the scope. When I finally got it with actual vis I couldn't believe the scale. As TFW said, the Twins holds some of the best line in the range, and the NW is very near the top...
    Cant agree more, its probably #2 or 3 for me aside from Nebo or Pfieff.

NE is so good, photo from a couple seasons ago for perspective. Hit yer turnz...

Name:  IMG_20200426_104335.jpg
Views: 816
Size:  23.5 KB
    You took too much man, too much, too much

Update for those curious. I did end up trying my Snowbird iKon base add on to access snowbird (read the iKon card, not the snowbird card) and got 3 angry beeps, so it does not work.
    The whole human race is de evolving; it is due to birth control, smart people use birth control, and stupid people keep pooping out more stupid babies.

Quote Originally Posted by Xover View Post
    Always love when Grom and Jonathan do that
    Don’t forget Pete. Another amazing ski day.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Roc View Post
    Cant agree more, its probably #2 or 3 for me aside from Nebo or Pfieff.
    The East Ridge of Timp would like a word....

I still need another go at that one.

Top 2/3rds of Basin skied well today, and got better each run.

Alta didn’t suck today. Wow still hammering too.
    Decisions Decisions

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    Alta didn’t suck today. Wow still hammering too.
    What part of your soul did you sell to get these 2 trips? I hope you got good terms. I reckon if you had to pick one place in the states with best odds of good snow, it would be Alta so maybe you're just an astute gambler.

I've found I have a 500 average on date locked trips.

Sent from my CPH2417 using Tapatalk

Anyone have an Alta parking rez for Friday they aren’t gonna use?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Wasatch 23/24 Stoke Thread: Red Snake Coverage coming at you live from tgapp's fartba

I am also seeking a reservation or carpool for Friday

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Last edited by mst1228; 02-07-2024 at 09:30 PM. Reason: Got one

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    Found the pics

Name:  10_G_005.jpg
Views: 618
Size:  356.0 KB

Name:  11_G_005.jpg
Views: 619
Size:  354.0 KB

Name:  13_G_004.jpg
Size:  396.8 KB

Name:  14_G_003.jpg
Size:  554.2 KB

Name:  20_G_002.jpg
Views: 604
Size:  511.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by crankplank View Post
    What part of your soul did you sell to get these 2 trips? I hope you got good terms. I reckon if you had to pick one place in the states with best odds of good snow, it would be Alta so maybe you're just an astute gambler.

I've found I have a 500 average on date locked trips.

Sent from my CPH2417 using Tapatalk
    It definitely delivers. My luck is bound to turn around though.

I’ll admit conditions wise Jackson last week wasn’t its best, but good peoples good times and next time maybe snow.
    Decisions Decisions

SE ridge down to Stewarts Falls? That one is my white whale. So hard to line up right.
    Other contender which is very rarely mentioned: E face of Box Elder. Real big, real steep, real long, so beautiful.

I never even put together that you're the DTM from all of Trackhead's pics btw. The chronicles of your late adoption of Dynafits on his old blog are quite entertaining.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise