Check Out Our Shop
Page 47 of 108 FirstFirst ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 2685
    Quote Originally Posted by crankplank View Post
    Stepped off the slab as it started moving, this was a non event for me.

There's always going to be people willing to ski things I think are unwise. But the tone of some of these recent reports, the totally cavalier attitude and insistence that luck wasn't the main factor in their survival is really shocking to see in plain text.

Sent from my CPH2417 using Tapatalk
    Right? I really don't think this guy realizes how close of a call this was. I've had the same reaction as you to some recent incidents.

Quote Originally Posted by alias_rice View Post
    When are you coming though?
    Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    Would love to get out with ya, let us know when you're in town
    If all goes according to plan (HA!), ski Friday?
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Making a real effort to ask questions and not be a cunt but you went ahead and kept tgr TGR, thanks jmed. Calling everyone who knows less than you a jong to get TFW points is why this forum is aging to death.

I had a season high day, posted stoke, and somehow ended up getting jonged by a old head. Every time i ask a fucking question here I wonder what kind of response I'm gonna get. Am I on the right side of the invisible line of things mags and locs and bc people need to know? Or am I a jong?

You longtimers need to ask yourself if you actually want new blood in here.

hey crankplank, while my daze of 'arguing with internet personalities' are generally behind me, i thought i'd just weigh in with a little commentary since i was called out. Yes, you're a jong, nttawwt. We are all jongs at various things at various points in our lives. You might even consider it an endearing TGR term.

Yes, keep asking questions... so that you keep your ski pass and you can stay alive. Why on earth you'd stop asking questions because you're afraid of the response you will get from some internet wankers is beyond me. You ask the question and get feedback, some useful, some snark. That's the nature of this place and there are lessons to be learned as you read between the lines. I for one enjoy the injection of enthusiasm and new blood so keep at it. It helps to have a thick skin in maggotland.

As for Thomas, STOKE? Come on now. Settle down....

If either of you BUTTHURT JONGS find yourself in BCC and wanna shred, please do give me a shout. I ski with anyone and everyone, as much as possible. I don't care if you're a 20y maggot or joined last month.

That is all - JMed soliloquy is over - time to go skiing! Cheers
    Last edited by jmedslc; 01-20-2024 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    "I set of a 3' crown skinning up solo which didn't surprise me, but you know the skiing was excellent! I'd rather take the chance of suffocating alone and cold in a debris pile than miss 30 seconds of some basic wiggle turns I could get elsewhere! I feel aliveeeee!!!!"
    Well I'm just gonna say it. This is one of the dumbest comments I've ever heard about BC decision justification. Guess he's never been buried, and certainly not humbled yet. Apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by jmedslc View Post
    Blah blah blah
    Only JONGS explain to JONGS why they're JONGS.
    The whole human race is de evolving; it is due to birth control, smart people use birth control, and stupid people keep pooping out more stupid babies.

Quote Originally Posted by oldskibum View Post
    Well I'm just gonna say it. This is one of the dumbest comments I've ever heard about BC decision justification. Guess he's never been buried, and certainly not humbled yet. Apparently.

Tsar Chasm
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

But the tone of some of these recent reports, the totally cavalier attitude and insistence that luck wasn't the main factor in their survival is really shocking to see in plain text.
    For me it is the self congratulatory tone, like he was bragging to us that he was so smart to set off a 1000 foot slide solo and not get killed.
    The whole human race is de evolving; it is due to birth control, smart people use birth control, and stupid people keep pooping out more stupid babies.

Got COVID so not stoke and more bitching/couch QBing.

Damn that MC slab is big. Remote triggering that thing would be a sobering moment, especially if you watch it go almost to the road.

Gotta admit I didn't think anyone would be willing to go tickle Cardiac so soon. And the argument about the ridge being scoured as evidence that it's safe? I've never seen the ridge not being scoured in 15 years, and I've also never not seen wind pillows directly below the ridge. That slope goes big a couple times a year at least, it's almost as reliable as W Monitor but scarier so the cornice kickers don't get to it as much. Skinning up to that little window into Mineral is unnerving regardless of stability, it's always loaded right where you hit the ridge. When you get there you can see al the fucking way to Pilot Peak on a clear day, there's absolutely nothing to stop the wind, and the entire head of Mineral to pick up snow and deposit it right there. Having to step off a 3' slab doesn't scream expected to me. I'd be curious to see the color of the underwear after that one...

Edit: agree on the tone, reports have been weird this year. The emphasis on the things that were done right (or perceived as such) offsets the analysis of what was done wrong. People get that they fucked up but the writeup doesn't suggest it's sinking in. They're going through the motions of describing how/why they got lanched, mention all the right stuff, but pepper in that they were also doing a really good job at not getting in trouble. It all feels very performative, and deep down you feel that they ultimately think that it was more about bad luck than anything else. Which to some extent it is, but with the current snowpack you really create your own luck.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

This guy's day got off to a great start.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    This guy's day got off to a great start.
    At least he can sleep in the tent while he waits for the tow.

I'll be solo at bird at 1 if anyone wants some laps. Draggin knuckles, big green pants dark purple jacket

Quote Originally Posted by oldskibum View Post
    Wooosh.......

Alta is super fast and fun hugging that rain line!

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Shaaarrrp; 01-20-2024 at 07:52 PM.

Holy sleeper Powder afternoons! Kudos to all the mags that got some up LCC.

Figured i'd meander up for a few Bird runs in the afternoon... skeptical as I skated to peruvian from the heli lot; was super slippery there...

What a pleasant surprise coming down almost total hero snow and filling faster than it was getting skied. Havent got a ton of vetical this year yet, or i'd probably stayed to closing...but beat most of the snake.

Even with all the bullshit, still have to LOVE skiing here

Jealous of people hitting it tomorrow morning..i booked a side job lik e3 days ago and cant really back out of that>HAVE FUN!

The bullshit is part of the vibe. Its the NYC of skiing. Everybody here hates it but where ya gonna go?

Haven't milked it til 430 in a while. It was so fast up there. Its my 3rd season and I'm still finding new stuff everywhere.

Fun day at Soli. Skiing the Bird next 3 days.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Today fucking rocked, I’m finally getting into ski shape, my kid is killing it. The day just kept getting better.

Quote Originally Posted by jmedslc View Post
    hey crankplank, while my daze of 'arguing with internet personalities' are generally behind me, i thought i'd just weigh in with a little commentary since i was called out. Yes, you're a jong, nttawwt. We are all jongs at various things at various points in our lives. You might even consider it an endearing TGR term.

Yes, keep asking questions... so that you keep your ski pass and you can stay alive. Why on earth you'd stop asking questions because you're afraid of the response you will get from some internet wankers is beyond me. You ask the question and get feedback, some useful, some snark. That's the nature of this place and there are lessons to be learned as you read between the lines. I for one enjoy the injection of enthusiasm and new blood so keep at it. It helps to have a thick skin in maggotland.

As for Thomas, STOKE? Come on now. Settle down....

If either of you BUTTHURT JONGS find yourself in BCC and wanna shred, please do give me a shout. I ski with anyone and everyone, as much as possible. I don't care if you're a 20y maggot or joined last month.

That is all - JMed soliloquy is over - time to go skiing! Cheers
    I agree that jong is endearing

Sorry for taking a swipe at you buddy that wasn't very nice of me

Would be stoked to ski big with you next storm cycle. Been a minute since I've been in the cottonwoods

Awesome to see the sleeper powder day up lcc, keep it coming

I'll be back on skis Monday

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Touring_Sedan View Post
    At least he can sleep in the tent while he waits for the tow.
    Beat me to it!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Lone Pine was looking pretty good this afternoon…

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4826.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	700.2 KB 
ID:	483802

Soft snow, free refills, and short lines. Another killer day in the Wasatch. Gunsight was firing this afternoon. I took a lap or 2 too many and got stuck in the snake, but it was still worth it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2043.JPG 
Views:	144 
Size:	1.15 MB 
ID:	483807

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    If all goes according to plan (HA!), ski Friday?
    sposed to ski alta fri with ghosthop but hed be stoked to ski anywhere especially if somebody has a hookup
    given my choice of complimentary pancakes with patrol and having them run routes and open terrain
    id pick the latter
    but it seems altera doesnt care much about getting terrain open
    they did manage to open the west face cept naverone props for that
    skied good for one once we got past the ikont uphill traversers
    went to dip out the chalanger b trees and they ran that rope line down another couple hundred feet providing less terrain and more ropelines and signs
    skinned up the meadows.

didnt suck
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

There was supposed to be a 1219pm bus heading down from creekside...I guess their plans have changed.

Snow was great. Short lines

Great morning! Walk on for 4 Supremes, then came back to Collins for some High Ts followed by a cool down off Vail Ridge and downhill for the Lions game!! Snow was real fun!

Great day. Surfy soft snow.

"If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"