Check Out Our Shop
Page 35 of 108 FirstFirst ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... LastLast
    any locals have a ski box laying around so i can get some skis to a mags kid?

Quote Originally Posted by criscam View Post
    any locals have a ski box laying around so i can get some skis to a mags kid?
    i do, shoot me a PM
    You took too much man, too much, too much

Didn't suckName:  VideoCapture_20240108-135641.jpeg
Views: 1470
Size:  61.4 KB

Sent from my SM-S918U using TGR Forums mobile app

Hell of a 1000th post! Thank you ASP.
    Always good to wait for a rope with the assorted mags.

Quote Originally Posted by crankplank View Post
    I'm sure it was cooler when you started skiing here and there wasn't any traffic and the houses were cheaper and the tits were out in the gmd and they didn't close the road the night before and the snow was colder and the avalanche conditions were more stable and there weren't so many reefer head beater snowboarders and backpack speakers and football jerseys, but take a little pity.
    Sent from my CPH2417 using Tapatalk
    weeeelllllll tbh today was thinking about how the vibe here with the young chargin' 20-something group was more positive, friendly, fun, and non-aggro-asshole than when I started skiing here and it makes it so much fun to share a mountain with folks with such a good vibes only attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
    weeeelllllll tbh today was thinking about how the vibe here with the young chargin' 20-something group was more positive, friendly, fun, and non-aggro-asshole than when I started skiing here and it makes it so much fun to share a mountain with folks with such a good vibes only attitude.
    man i love that vibe, and i didn't think you were trying to harsh my stoke

fwiw i wasn't skiing solly and i'm sorry to all the solly skiers for falsely spraying about their mountain, i was just being a bit of an ass since, like everyone else, i'm sick of the ikonic horde invading my hill.

https://youtu.be/_JZom_gVfuw?si=TlAoag2Nz7LCpzjq

whose gonna be up tomorrow, muted? zzz? nbabucks?

bobz let's get out

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post

fwiw i wasn't skiing solly and i'm sorry to all the solly skiers for falsely spraying about their mountain, i was just being a bit of an ass since, like everyone else, i'm sick of the ikonic horde invading my hill.

bobz let's get out

Yo tgapp, we're traveling at the moment, but thinking about hitting the 'tude on Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
    Sincerely apologize if I misread your original comment. It came off as a dig at me posting my departure time to beat the snake up (but then Im probably just too sensitive and quick to scrap for the internet). Im trying to stay stoked out here, it's a war though. I run into *way too many* bitchin, sullen folks on the chairlift at the bird and I try to leave it but sometimes my exhaustion spills out.

Back in the day, was not that long ago. The eirth spins to fast, hold on as tight as you can if you wish, or let go and get spun off and land somewhere. It's hard to hold on.

Quote Originally Posted by crankplank View Post
    Sincerely apologize if I misread your original comment. It came off as a dig at me posting my departure time to beat the snake up (but then Im probably just too sensitive and quick to scrap for the internet). Im trying to stay stoked out here, it's a war though. I run into *way too many* bitchin, sullen folks on the chairlift at the bird and I try to leave it but sometimes my exhaustion spills out.
    There are many strategies in dealing with all of the elements and variables with getting it when it's The Best! Was poking fun at the commentary and situation and not your individual sentiments.. I always (and still do... sometimes) poked fun at and had a hard time understanding the dudes who would get in line every day at 7 AM. Then, someone told me, "That's probably their old man country club social hour" and that helped give some empathy. If you have a comfortable way of waiting out the early morning in the parking lots, that's gotta beat being angry in a huge line just past the swamp lot at 8:30.

However, you may find that in this whole big dilemma of hurrying up and waiting that it's best to just walk down and fuck them all.

GLEICH FOR SENATE

World-renowned ski mountaineer, environmental activist running for Utah’s open Senate seat
    https://www.sltrib.com/news/politics...environmental/

First, she summited Mount Everest. Now, climate activist Caroline Gleich has set her sights on Capitol Hill.
    “As I start this climb towards the U.S. Senate, I carry with me the lessons learned from reaching mountain peaks and navigating life’s terrain,” Gleich wrote on social media Monday. “My commitment is unwavering — to empower, to protect, and to advocate for a brighter future.”

I always figured why get up any earlier than needed, until the nagging "what if you don't get a spot" mind virus broke me. I stretch and relax in creekside or the center, then saunter out for chair 20 or so. Don't know about the old man part, but it's often been good for the poor man's country club power hour while the Sysco truck wedges itself nicely across the road

I think I’m shooting for Wednesday afternoon and Thursday morning.

I’m thinking Thursday once the wind dies down if you want to join me let me know Those who know me know my resort and happy to show you my favorite runs

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch

bobz let's get out

ya didnt fool me and i cant blame anyone for buying an ikon and using it
    im just stoked to not be part of that problem
    drove by that impresive red clusterfuck snake that extended past 4500 on 215 for some deer valley turns with the spanser, sfotex the groms and shindlers sunday

Pretty smooth sailin up the 190 yesterday new crest lifts nice
    bit of wind funk and slab on the poi ridge
    green slope laps into snake skied well better than poi back into b right on

its all looking better and nice not to hear every turn

we keep a stash of ski boxes in the l9 shop if ya ever need
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Its thin out there! stoked for this pattern change.

nice afternoon in the Trap.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6620.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	1.57 MB 
ID:	482247

Name:	IMG_6688.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	1.32 MB 
ID:	482248

The alpine is starting to shape up, and it's all about to come seriously unglued and slide into the flats.

Name:	PXL_20240108_210349705.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	1.50 MB 
ID:	482253

Cold as hell yesterday, fortunately not a lick of wind or it would have been too much. Things are very sensitive up high, the buried hoars are super touchy already even if there is no cohesiveness in the slab yet. Things were popping left and right as soon as the angle got close to 35, even is areas completely protected from the wind. W facing stuff was particularly ticklish with the crust+facets combo. There's not much energy in the snowpack so things move slow for now, but there's quite a bit of propagation already. With another few feet and wind it's going to be a very different story...
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

After getting a continual faceshot down the shoulder yesterday I was pretty surprised to be skiing on 6" of blower over bare ground all the way down Emma 1 this afternoon.

4” in an hour just reported in LCC…

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Saw that interval on Alta's page. I was coming down parleys at 7 and it was dramatic, all graupel in there so the roads stayed black until I got out. Woodward was fun as always, one of the best parts is sitting and talking with someone who's trying to learn something new and actually wants to sweat the details. I got to impart some hard won wisdom on how to grab method.

Looks like 10" of snow and 9" of wind last night, altabird snowstakes got scoured. Should be fun. I'm rolling dice on tomorrow AM.

wow ..prices got steep to stay up hill...even w/ 50% off its $390+at the Cliff. LMAO was $195 full rate or so when I stayed there before moving to Utard. Probably would go for it except I haven't been able to get a ton of Vert yet...so legs are feeling it after 3 hours at this point. If I stayed uphill I'd like to be ready to ski bell to bell

Guess I'll hit the weights this week and just get up early this weekend. Heck w storm uncertainties and the road combo..I may just book a side job saturday, ski leftovers Sun/Mon. Any mags wanna hook up for some Bird turns those days?

anywayz> LOVE the STOKE so far> lets keep it rolling!

Hail Ullr

Alta getting better by the minute! Anyone else out?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Bird’s knee deep. Zero lines on Zoom->Little Cloud. Fast laps on west side traverse, money.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, flying through the air

Quote Originally Posted by Shaaarrrp View Post
    Alta getting better by the minute! Anyone else out?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
    I rolled out of there just before the road closed at 12:30. A very pleasant couple of hours in the Ho.

Name:	IMG_1984.JPG 
Views:	123 
Size:	201.5 KB 
ID:	482424

Name:	IMG_4154.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	381.0 KB 
ID:	482445
    Awesome out there today. No need to ride the snake. The west face of Jup and McConkey’s trees were amazing, deep fluff with no one in eyesight.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix