Check Out Our Shop
Page 21 of 108 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast
    1981. 1st year trollin. 3rd wreck. Foots on backwards. Older troller arrives with a rig and supplies, pull him aside and ask him to show me how it's done.
    "No way man, it's your wreck".
    Really dude, fresh outta class and I'm gonna reset a leg?
    Thing about splinting, you align stuff afore you splint.
    "Gonna pull a little traction here" and aligned her leg.
    This hispanic woman and her daughter's shrieks were heard from the top of Big Emma to the ballpark.
    "NO TRACTION, NO TRACTION" she was screaming.
    Hadda make sure I'd gone in the right direction...
    Lotta times it's amateurs resetting a limb for transport, not a doc.
    Nice openings today at the bird.
    Won't see GII tomorrow, it's not set up yet.
    Boys are getting pushed for a Mineral opening afore GII.
    Makes no sense, GII set up is minimal compared.
    They could put a lot of those N facing slopes to bed for the year.
    Moguls from the ground up...

But, word is, Cirque Traverse tomorrow.
    Everything but the Gad Chutes.
    Yer welcome, owe me a beer.
    See ya there?
    Oh yeah, beacon day...

Edit: My forecast is afternoon or possibly not at all; lotta work still to be done out that way in my mind.
    Last edited by telefreewasatch; 12-10-2023 at 07:25 PM.
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

Quote Originally Posted by crankplank View Post
    Excellent arvo in Peruvian today. The rats nest entry was hilariously bad but worth it. We get desensitized to how batshit these resorts are, riding them day after day with hundreds of strangers who can hang.

Whodunit opening was stupid fun too.
    Hah, yeah, it's easy to forget just how uncommon this kind of terrain is.

When did Whodunit open? We left at almost 3 and the rope was still up at Blackjack.

Alta was an oddly quiet mellow day, groomer laps with ski on Collins until 11 when we got in the ballroom line, early on the sidestep to superhero pow down bounous’.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Hey all, thought I'd check in here - heading to SLC from PNW on a two year work contract around July 1. Looking for housing. Me: late thirties with one senior dog (lab/aussie/husky/BC mix - Ranger) bikes and skis and work (professional job , working at the university probably in the 50-80 hour/week range) and watching sports at home is about all I'll be about while I'm there. Looking for somewhere within reliable 20 min of the U. Ideally a space of my own - MIL, ADU, 1-2 bedroom house, with some sort of yard for the pup, and some place to work on/keep secure a few decent bikes and skis. Budget is not yet clear so open to different things. Just want something low key, quiet, easy going, ++++ if some shared dog duties/other dogs for buddies type setup. Feel free to PM me. Checking all the usual places obviously - Zillow, Redfin, Craigslist, etc etc but don't know if there are more hyper local shared online communities yall might push me to.
    Do I detect a lot of anger flowing around this place? Kind of like a pubescent volatility, some angst, a lot of I'm-sixteen-and-angry-at-my-father syndrome?

fuck that noise.

gmen.

Local classifieds here are KSL so add that to the mix. If you have a lot of patience there’s always the Nextdoor where people do rent out locally as well.
    Also I’d look in other areas easily accessible by Trax, our light rail system. Goes directly to the U.
    My daughter is in her first year there and is increasingly coming home (Sandy) as it’s so easy, and free for U students/faculty. That may open up a ton of options? Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    Local classifieds here are KSL so add that to the mix. If you have a lot of patience there’s always the Nextdoor where people do rent out locally as well.
    Also I’d look in other areas easily accessible by Trax, our light rail system. Goes directly to the U.
    My daughter is in her first year there and is increasingly coming home (Sandy) as it’s so easy, and free for U students/faculty. That may open up a ton of options? Good luck!
    Thanks mate, great start.
    Do I detect a lot of anger flowing around this place? Kind of like a pubescent volatility, some angst, a lot of I'm-sixteen-and-angry-at-my-father syndrome?

fuck that noise.

gmen.

god what a great day

stoked to get out with SFB and his badass wife

snow's getting heavy out there, but what a phenomenal storm cycle

my legs need a break

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by volklpowdermaniac View Post
    Hey all, thought I'd check in here - heading to SLC from PNW on a two year work contract around July 1. Looking for housing. Me: late thirties with one senior dog (lab/aussie/husky/BC mix - Ranger) bikes and skis and work (professional job , working at the university probably in the 50-80 hour/week range) and watching sports at home is about all I'll be about while I'm there. Looking for somewhere within reliable 20 min of the U. Ideally a space of my own - MIL, ADU, 1-2 bedroom house, with some sort of yard for the pup, and some place to work on/keep secure a few decent bikes and skis. Budget is not yet clear so open to different things. Just want something low key, quiet, easy going, ++++ if some shared dog duties/other dogs for buddies type setup. Feel free to PM me. Checking all the usual places obviously - Zillow, Redfin, Craigslist, etc etc but don't know if there are more hyper local shared online communities yall might push me to.
    Not sure if my post nuked with editing, we have a spot in Millcreek that we will be leaving at the end of June if you don't find something else. We split the difference between the U and IMC but if we did it again we would ideally be slightly closer to the U because of my wife's call situation.

2 bedroom, corner lot, fenced in backyard, single garage and single carport. It's ~15 minute drive to the U/Hospital at 530AM but do not overlook that employee parking is at least a 5 minutes walk to the Hospital if you don't plan to live dangerously in the free garage. Neighborhood is quiet and primarily families/owner occupied. Neighborhood park is 2 blocks away with a 5 minute bike ride to Sugarhouse Park/Parley's Trail. Super easy to hop on the interstate to get wherever.

We pay 1850 in rent + 60-150 gas/electric for two adults and a toddler + internet. Water included, a steal with the kiddo. LL raised rent ~9% from previous tenant to us, not sure what he plans to do when we leave. He is not the most present in terms of his upkeep on the outdoor gardens/fences but responds promptly and has been easy to deal with whenever I need something that matters.

Our experience when finding a place is that there are many properties with For Rent signs that do not have an internet presence.

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthop View Post
    Not sure if my post nuked with editing, we have a spot in Millcreek that we will be leaving at the end of June if you don't find something else. We split the difference between the U and IMC but if we did it again we would ideally be slightly closer to the U because of my wife's call situation.

2 bedroom, corner lot, fenced in backyard, single garage and single carport. It's ~15 minute drive to the U/Hospital at 530AM but do not overlook that employee parking is at least a 5 minutes walk to the Hospital if you don't plan to live dangerously in the free garage. Neighborhood is quiet and primarily families/owner occupied. Neighborhood park is 2 blocks away with a 5 minute bike ride to Sugarhouse Park/Parley's Trail. Super easy to hop on the interstate to get wherever.

We pay 1850 in rent + 60-150 gas/electric for two adults and a toddler + internet. Water included, a steal with the kiddo. LL raised rent ~9% from previous tenant to us, not sure what he plans to do when we leave. He is not the most present in terms of his upkeep on the outdoor gardens/fences but responds promptly and has been easy to deal with whenever I need something that matters.

Our experience when finding a place is that there are many properties with For Rent signs that do not have an internet presence.
    Awesome. May send a follow up PM. Sounds great if I can hack the commute.

fuck that noise.

gmen.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post

When did Whodunit open? We left at almost 3 and the rope was still up at Blackjack.
    Honestly might have been 3. Blackjack traverse (and gully obviously) didn't open. I hit it last 2 laps and left at 4.

You got a new jacket this year? I'm in the big green pants holler if you see me

Sent from my CPH2417 using Tapatalk

If I ever break my femur, I want TFW to be my 1st responder!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Wasn't my kid, thankfully. I could see the scene from the lift and thought it might be bad when there were 8-10 red coats there, then knew it was bad when the heli landed on the mountain. Later I just happened to ride Zoom with some people that knew the family and heard the whole story from his dad on speakerphone. Apparently the doc got there to set his leg (rotated 90* in the wrong direction) and realized he forgot the morphine....
    I watched that happen from the lift as well. I must have just been a few chairs in front of, or behind you. We could hear the poor kid screaming in pain. I'm glad it was a tib/fib instead of a spine injury. The way he landed on his back on that rock outcropping, I was worried he might have had a life altering injury.
    Thanks Shane

I want to be Junior when I grow up: https://www.ksl.com/article/50812832...cret-dont-stop

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    god what a great day

stoked to get out with SFB and his badass wife

snow's getting heavy out there, but what a phenomenal storm cycle

my legs need a break
    stoked to get out with sure didnt suck

diggin the grom stoke
    ill add some furkid stoke

"When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

beautifully soft turns this weekend...gosh we are spoiled here sometimes

mellow turns on little cloud saturday, and ripped it up a little on peruvian sunday.

Saturday afternoon was so nice >soft snow and sun on your face.

Bummer about that kid >stay safe out there ya'll !

Kids and me got a good first day on Saturday at Brighton. A little cold, but the kids did great. I was skiing on my atomic 120 hawk boots which while not true resort boots did surprisingly well. Lot of fun to ski on even on hard groomers and some busted up leftovers. Ended up skiing Majestic/Snake as lines were generally pretty long. On the plus side, I noticed there was less congestion than last year. Might push my exit time next week by 15 minutes. They were scanning plates right when you arrived and the parking lines took a lot longer to fill in than I remember last year. On the negative, the first open Saturday for me to use my expired reservation on was March 2! So you'll definitely have to be ready on the Sunday before if you are going to lock a reservation in for the up coming week.

speaking of parking and the like, I don't feel like shelling out $25 for alta on friday.

Are Alta Bird gates open yet? On alta's website it says Blackjack traverse is open but is that one way only from Alta to Bird?

Figured I'd park at bird and ski over to Alta but if I can't get through a gate I guess I could do the bus thing.

blah blah blah blah

we need more snow

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    blah blah blah blah

we need more snow

I'm gonna hang onto my bitchtickets for later and not talk about the outlook for that and steep shady skiing

Sent from my CPH2417 using Tapatalk

Ripping laps on her birthday in a unicorn suit....does it get any better??Name:  20231211_131457.jpeg
Views: 756
Size:  63.0 KBClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20231211_132706.jpeg 
Views:	151 
Size:	134.0 KB 
ID:	479104Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VideoCapture_20231211-153817.jpeg 
Views:	155 
Size:	158.9 KB 
ID:	479105

Sent from my SM-S918U using TGR Forums mobile app

Any SLC recs for someone who carries lange replacement buckles? going to stopby evo campus but striking out on boot bins thus far

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dshack89 View Post
    Ripping laps on her birthday in a unicorn suit....does it get any better??Name:  20231211_131457.jpeg
Views: 756
Size:  63.0 KBClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20231211_132706.jpeg 
Views:	151 
Size:	134.0 KB 
ID:	479104Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VideoCapture_20231211-153817.jpeg 
Views:	155 
Size:	158.9 KB 
ID:	479105

Sent from my SM-S918U using TGR Forums mobile app
    No, it doesn't.
    Know what I like that I see in these photos?
    No poles.
    They get em when they can skate across the flats without em.
    Afore then they are in the way.
    Well done, dad, most folks don't know the importance of kids skiing w/out poles.
    2 more behind, no?

In other news, guess I oughta knock my forecasting skills down a notch.
    Cirque traverse opened at 0900...
    Anybody else here git sum?
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

Quote Originally Posted by NBABUCKS1 View Post
    speaking of parking and the like, I don't feel like shelling out $25 for alta on friday.

Are Alta Bird gates open yet? On alta's website it says Blackjack traverse is open but is that one way only from Alta to Bird?

Figured I'd park at bird and ski over to Alta but if I can't get through a gate I guess I could do the bus thing.
    Mineral Basin / Sugar pass isn't open. Haven't seen anything on the Peruvian Ridge yet, either.
    Correct that Blackjack is one way, Alta -> Bird

Quote Originally Posted by Shaaarrrp View Post
    Any SLC recs for someone who carries lange replacement buckles? going to stopby evo campus but striking out on boot bins thus far
    if yer still looking, try Sports Den on foothill. i picked up a lange replacement buckle there two seasons ago that they had in the shop parts bin.
    style matters...

Quote Originally Posted by Shaaarrrp View Post

I and many others have donated old boots to Level 9 on 3300 south just for this purpose. But if Mandy isn't working the day you show up, you are SOL is my guess. Skifishbum works there and knows more than me though.