Check Out Our Shop
Page 108 of 108 FirstFirst ... 103 104 105 106 107 108
Results 2,676 to 2,685 of 2685
    LOL at Cox saying this could be a solution to traffic issues for the general public.

"Industry"

All of that drone buzz noise filling LCC should be sweet.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

This morning, I heard that Park City is contemplating charging a fee to park at Bonanza Flats and other designated parking along the Guardsman Road. Similar consideration and investigation is being given for all Cottonwood trailheads. While I can agree with ski resort paid parking, trailhead paid parking would be a tough pill to swallow.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    This morning, I heard that Park City is contemplating charging a fee to park at Bonanza Flats and other designated parking along the Guardsman Road. Similar consideration and investigation is being given for all Cottonwood trailheads. While I can agree with ski resort paid parking, trailhead paid parking would be a tough pill to swallow.
    Without considering access/equity, I find the Millcreek Pass to not be a burden for how much I use that road. Another example would be Angeles NF has a $30 Adventure pass but the $80 NP pass will cover you as well.

I think it's a small price to pay if the money is directly being used to maintain and improve the public land that is being accessed. Is there a fundamental difference between charging to park at a trailhead in BCC/LCC vs. charging a toll to enter?

Salt Lake Ranger district already has planned fees for BCC and LCC trailheads starting Dec 2024. Spruces, Mill D/Cardiff, and White Pine start 12/1/24.

https://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE...prd1144032.pdf

National park pass would cover the trailhead parking fees at big and little right?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I seem to recall the NPS pass question being asked after that was announced and the answer being no.

I feel like I asked FS employees I know and it may have been discussed up thread but an America the Beautiful pass would cover. Not sure. If so, buy it at the Cottonwood Heights office so the money stays here

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Quote Originally Posted by old mexico View Post
    National park pass would cover the trailhead parking fees at big and little right?
    Yes, the America The Beautiful/ Interagency $80 annual pass will cover parking in the Cottonwoods. It will be the same fee program that is already in place in American Fork and Mirror Lake, and similar to what the Forest Service has been doing for years in Socal and the PNW where you can pay for an annual pass for just the local FS trailheads but it is also covered by the $80 pass.

Some confusion is caused by the picnic areas also being included in the document. Picnic area fees are not covered by the $80 annual pass.

Military, Veterans, Gold Star Families, and people with disabilities should know that they have access to free lifetime passes and should get those instead of paying any fees.