Check Out Our Shop
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Since the 90s anyway. Pretty awesome!

And the U23s crushed!
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

Me yelling full out through the TV. “Get up, you can still do it! When Halley washed out.

AMERICA!!!!!!!

Exciting racing and coverage quality was way better than last year.

Impressive weekend for USA cycling, man I thought Batten wasn't gonna get up.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Quote Originally Posted by Eluder View Post
    Exciting racing and coverage quality was way better than last year.

Impressive weekend for USA cycling, man I thought Batten wasn't gonna get up.
    Agree, coverage quality was WAY better... although I wish they would have switched up the announcers.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Agree, coverage quality was WAY better... although I wish they would have switched up the announcers.
    For sure, I like Bart though. I thought XCC and womens XCO were pretty bad but Avincini added just enough to the energery for the mwns to be decent.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Not trying to stir it up, but how are you guys watching the races?
    Max? VPN with something like Eurosport?
    I was thinking of buying Flow Sports (Canada) and VPN into that geolocation.

I had GCN+ last year and didn't mind paying that, but don't care enough for the price Flo wants...general consensus seemed to be that Flo was terrible, but I have no idea what that means or if people were just upset it wasn't RB and free.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    Not trying to stir it up, but how are you guys watching the races?
    Max? VPN with something like Eurosport?
    I was thinking of buying Flow Sports (Canada) and VPN into that geolocation.
    you tube live stream.

I've got Max for general TV/ movie watching, but it's still giving me sports (including bikes) for free. Not sure how long that'll last for. Once the free period ends, I'll probably end up paying for the sports add on for bike season and cancel it in October.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    I've got Max for general TV/ movie watching, but it's still giving me sports (including bikes) for free. Not sure how long that'll last for. Once the free period ends, I'll probably end up paying for the sports add on for bike season and cancel it in October.
    Gawd dam it, we actually get MAX though our Xfinity cable package.
    I could have been watching this all along, but I also now see they have the events available on demand for replays.
    Last edited by Dee Hubbs; 04-15-2024 at 09:34 AM.

Yep, MAX

Formerly Rludes025

I have Max through my AT&T cell plan, and I’ll also pony up for the sports package for the months I want it.

Quote Originally Posted by t.odd View Post
    I had GCN+ last year and didn't mind paying that, but don't care enough for the price Flo wants...general consensus seemed to be that Flo was terrible, but I have no idea what that means or if people were just upset it wasn't RB and free.
    Same boat, GCN+ was totally fair pricing in Canada in my view. I ended up watching some road racing as well which was nice. Flo is insanely overpriced and I will not be paying it. There are some pirate streams, reliability is questionable but they are out there.

2024 UCI DH/XC/Enduro Megathread

I sure hope someone figures out a way to make this work for someone gives zero fucks about anything other than the DH finals. I don’t care about watching semis or practice or XC or other sports or HBO shows. No fucks at all.
    Speaking of zero fucks: now that ownership of this product has been mergered/absorbed a couple times since the initial deal, I’m pretty sure the success of WC racing means less than nothing to the current parent company. They want mindless extra channels for fat sofabound Americans for want moar meaningless channels to click through. They’re selling a package, not a sport.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Last edited by jm2e; 04-17-2024 at 05:01 PM.
    However many are in a shit ton.

Little shout out to the Front Range crew of Riley Amos and Bjorn Riley who went 1 2 in first U23 UCI CC race last weekend, making them 1 and 2 U23 in the world right now.

And while we're at it, Madigan got 3rd in the women's U23, Blevins first in the men's Elite, and Blunk and Batten 2 3 in the women's Elite.

Great start for the USA.

Sweet Course this week.

Formerly Rludes025

Because I am the only guy who cares about XCC / XCO!!
    Keegan and Sophia continuing to hold form into the current lifetime series at Sea Otter. (Go Heber)
    Batten Sweeping the UCI. Blunk coming in third. (Go USA)
    I found the Euro Trash announcer guy nay saying Battens move on the onset of the 8th lap to hold the front annoying. Regardless, it was fun to watch and when you are routing (fanboying) for someone, any negativity always comes across.

What led to having two kids develop so strong out of the park city bike team having Keegan and Batten in the same time frame?

Not official at all but looks like Batten, Blunk, and Amos will go to the Olympics. Blevins on the cusp. What a season so far!

https://cxhairs.substack.com/p/team-...-spots-all-but

Proud to say I took Riley on Blue Dot to Portal in Moab for his first time. He's an awesome kid, and he can ride, obviously! My legs were cramping from trying to keep up with him the day before, ouch!
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

Gah! If only Blevins didn’t have that wreck and twist his bars! He still passed like 80 people. Passing 10 people a lap is crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by joetron View Post
    Gah! If only Blevins didn’t have that wreck and twist his bars! He still passed like 80 people. Passing 10 people a lap is crazy.

The bars twisting was the end of that one. Could have been right there otherwise. Shocking turn of events.

Formerly Rludes025

This years XCC and XCO have been awesome to watch. The UCI 15ish minute 'highlights' on Youtube are perfect when I can't put it on and do stuff around the house and check in and out until the last lap or two.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

I haven’t watched XCO in a few years. My wife won’t miss a DH race, but she got bored of the Nino show in the late teens, and since watching a whole race takes a few hours, I haven’t dedicated the time myself.

We watched all 4 elite races in Araxa. Wow. Great course, great racing. We were both yelling at the TV in the final stretch of the men’s when VK made his last effort in the grass before the pavement sprint.

Is there a Maggotz DH Fantasy league this ear?
    However many are in a shit ton.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    Is there a Maggotz DH Fantasy league this ear?
    Doesnt look like it. I just flipped thru. Theres a shit load of teams this year. Looks like people are happy its back.
    Just over 7days until the fort!!!

Sent from my SM-S711W using TGR Forums mobile app