Check Out Our Shop
Page 150 of 162 FirstFirst ... 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 ... LastLast
Results 3,726 to 3,750 of 4047
    Quote Originally Posted by Cisco Kid View Post
    The 5% who are assholes get 100% news coverage and people who were not there paint the whole party. Same as it ever was.

Actually, I was a apolitical, in school to dodge the draft, and hitched 300 miles to get laid. The girls took me to the march.
    That must have been alot of fun, you know what they say about crazy. I e considered that angle, but it’s never free.

I went to UC Davis. The professors want this. They could, should designate an area, rope it off, provide security, deport the 49 yr old trust funders paying for all the lattes. Would be easy. But they won’t.

Somebody want to explain how Israel is an Aparthied state? Preferably in 500 words or less and without all the charged language. I mean I don’t see it- Israeli Arab Muslims and other non Jews can vote and have the same legal rights as other citizens. Do you have to view the whole region combined to make the accusation- as in viewing Gaza, Israel and the West Bank as one nation?

50 years to the day

Quote Originally Posted by Brownski View Post
    Somebody want to explain how Israel is an Aparthied state? Preferably in 500 words or less and without all the charged language. I mean I don’t see it- Israeli Arab Muslims and other non Jews can vote and have the same legal rights as other citizens. Do you have to view the whole region combined to make the accusation- as in viewing Gaza, Israel and the West Bank as one nation?
    https://apnews.com/article/israel-ap...b0b5ac7fa8d115

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...l-its-citizens

https://www.vox.com/world-politics/2...nt-controversy

https://www.vox.com/23924319/israel-...history-debate

Quote Originally Posted by Brownski View Post
    There are 2 or 3 kind of passports in Israel.
    If you're arab, you and your parents have to be born in Israel to be able to vote.

This is obviously an attempt to keep arabs from voting. Jews, even the ones that emigrated recently can vote.

Many other examples. But 500 words

Sent from my moto g 5G using Tapatalk

Wait, what? That's not an example of apartheid. The fact that Israeli Arabs have more rights as citizens than they have in most any other Arab country, with Israel choosing not to extend the rights of today’s Israeli Arab citizens to every other Arab in region—is not apartheid. Rod's argument is like saying Americans don't allow Russians to vote in American elections, even though he thinks they should be allowed choose our elected officials.

If the United States were to annex Russia and not allow Russians to vote then that would be apartheid. The same would be true if Israel were to annex Gaza and the West Bank. Real world examples in the region include the gender apartheid states of Iran, Saudi Arabia and Hamas. We're talking about literal Handmaid’s Tale regimes that hate women and gay people. It's permanent oppression of half of the population under the heel of brutal apartheid regimes.

Listening to this podcast this morning.

https://www.wnycstudios.org/podcasts...ampus-protests

When I hitched rides to get laid at the anti war protests in 5/70, I would be labeled as an "Outside Agitator". Cool.
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

Oh there is quite the coordinated push right now to attack the outside agitator reveal.

Lot's of activist media types are pushing hard against it and trying to use a historical paint brush.

The only problem is that this actually is coordinated and orchestrated. See MV's post.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

I'd be more interested in what you know from being at a riot than any news link that you post. The last time there was a spontaneous uprising with no "outside agitators" was never. There were outside agitators involved with the Boston Tea Party. Semantics can be confusing.

We need recognize we're living in era where rage is a rhetorical pose. It's illiberal identitarianism and domestic neuroses as politics driven by the pieties of some elites with sheer contempt for liberal values, who oppose truth-seeking in general.

Starting around the time of the Arab Spring protests have become straws in the wind. None of it is, intellectually, an impressive product. It's a byproduct of an affluent hyper-educated population with a breezy life. No real competition for life sustaining resources, just virtue shadow-boxing to escape boredom. No better example of the issue never being the issue; the issue is only the revolution:

https://twitter.com/TheBrakeNet/stat...83769186783435

A prophet for our time Francis Fukuyama predicted this in 1992 in The End of History:
    "But supposing that the world has become "filled up," so to speak, with liberal democracies, such that there exist no tyranny and oppression worthy of the name against which to struggle? Experience suggests that if men cannot struggle on behalf of a just cause because that just cause was victorious in an earlier generation, then they will struggle against the just cause. They will struggle for the sake of struggle. They will struggle, in other words, out of a certain boredom: for they cannot imagine living in a world without struggle. And if the greater part of the world in which they live is characterized by peaceful and prosperous liberal democracy, then they will struggle against that peace and prosperity, and against democracy. "

Jimmy and rod.

Respectfully I was born and was a naturalized citizen of a country which had separate legal, systems, separate economic treatments and separate business job streams for different races. That system wasn't an apartheid system by the understood meaning of the word then and it's still not considered an apartheid system by the meaning of the word now.

If you're both arguing for an expanded meaning of apartheid to encompass Israel....well then have it

A prophet for our time Francis Fukuyama predicted this in 1992 in The End of History:
    "But supposing that the world has become "filled up," so to speak, with liberal democracies, such that there exist no tyranny and oppression worthy of the name against which to struggle? Experience suggests that if men cannot struggle on behalf of a just cause because that just cause was victorious in an earlier generation, then they will struggle against the just cause. They will struggle for the sake of struggle. They will struggle, in other words, out of a certain boredom: for they cannot imagine living in a world without struggle. And if the greater part of the world in which they live is characterized by peaceful and prosperous liberal democracy, then they will struggle against that peace and prosperity, and against democracy. "
    That’s awesome. Never heard of that guy. But spot on.
    I’ve just decided to be a middle aged somewhat depressed somewhat anxious fucktard until the end.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Jimmy and rod.

Respectfully I was born and was a naturalized citizen of a country which had separate legal, systems, separate economic treatments and separate business job streams for different races. That system wasn't an apartheid system by the understood meaning of the word then and it's still not considered an apartheid system by the meaning of the word now.

If you're both arguing for an expanded meaning of apartheid to encompass Israel....well then have it
    I’m not arguing for anything, what they’re doing has been well documented and is shitty whether you call it apartheid or something else.

https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/ne...inst-humanity/

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    That’s awesome. Never heard of that guy. But spot on.
    Not sure who posted that, and not taking people off ignore to find out, but doesn’t this suggest they’re referring to something different that the Palestinian protests:

And if the greater part of the world in which they live is characterized by peaceful and prosperous liberal democracy, then they will struggle against that peace and prosperity, and against democracy”

The protests are against an actual war that’s killing tens of thousands of people, that the protestors government is providing material support for. It’s not a protest against their own peace, prosperity, or democracy.

This sounds like it referring to something more like Jan. 6, but maybe there’s context I’m missing.

Many protestors see Israel as the little oppressor and America as the great oppressor. It's silly to watch these protestors burning the American flag, chanting "Death to America" and proclaiming their hatred of the West emphatically and publicly and then see people argue this is just about Gaza.

Not to mention many of the protesters are in fact pro-war with their overt support for Hamas. Although, January 6 is a good example of phenomenon described above. It's the opposite side of the same coin. The problem with the analogy in Jong's post is it’s civil disobedience when a person agrees with the cause, it’s January 6th when they don’t.

Quote Originally Posted by summit View Post
    Egypt saw what happened to Jordan with the Palestinians.
    FWIW, Egypt bears a lot of responsibility historically for fomenting Palestinian unrest. Hamas is an offshoot of the Egyption Muslim Brotherhood. Yasser Arafat was Egyptian. Palestinians were better off before the PLO represented them. Today, it is in Egypt's interests to see a peaceful, demilitarized and deradicalized Gaza.

Gaza becoming part of Egypt will never be acceptable to Egypt. Both the United States and Israel tried in the past to get Egypt to annex Gaza. Still, if Middle East Sunni Arabs states want to contain Ali Khamenei’s Iran then they have to take part in figuring a way to reconstruct Gaza so that Gaza becomes peaceful.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    Wait, what? That's not an example of apartheid. The fact that Israeli Arabs have more rights as citizens than they have in most any other Arab country, with Israel choosing not to extend the rights of today’s Israeli Arab citizens to every other Arab in region—is not apartheid. Rod's argument is like saying Americans don't allow Russians to vote in American elections, even though he thinks they should be allowed choose our elected officials.

Their arguments boil down to shit like this every fucking time. Boil off the cynical layers of sophistry and argumentum ad pathos, you have motherfuckers who shoot from behind their kids and then go on social media and scream BlOoDy MuRdEr!1 ApArThEiD1! GeNoCiDe!1 to wage war against Israel here too.

Never should have overthrown Mossadegh.

Never should have taken American diplomats hostage and instituted a vicious warmongering theocracy...to control the oil.

50 years to the day

edit started writing this shit this morning than said nah. fkn pocket post
    Last edited by ex-powderbroker; 05-11-2024 at 03:25 PM.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Oh, you need a plan more detailed than ‘destroy Hamas’?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D5A2B410-5332-4396-A117-5E5E35FFA00D.jpeg 
Views:	32 
Size:	509.0 KB 
ID:	493442

https://www.timesofisrael.com/livebl...k-of-strategy/

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Jimmy and rod.

Apartheid is just a shortcut to describe how it is in Israel. I really didn't know the definition of the word, but arabs are considered second or third class citizens in Israel.

At any rate, i don't see a viable long term solution for Israel, surrounded by hundreds of millions people that hate them.

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    Apartheid is just a shortcut to describe how it is in Israel. I really didn't know the definition of the word, but arabs are considered second or third class citizens in Israel.

At any rate, i don't see a viable long term solution for Israel, surrounded by hundreds of millions people that hate them.

Hamas stated clearly that one of the motivations for the Oct. 7 attacks was that Israel was normalizing relations with many of those Arab states.

When you say you don’t see a viable solution, are you saying a viable solution for long term peace, or Israel itself isn’t viable long term. I’d agree with the former, disagree strongly with the later.

Someone post the 47 minut video of rape, sodomy, beheadings, child murder.

I’ll say it, a lot of those savages were civilians. They categorically hate Jews, gays, and especially libtarded skiers.

If you bring up the children, I’ll give you this..Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7145.jpeg 
Views:	38 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	493448

You want to save their children? Me too. You had 30:yrs,of their own parents strapping bombs to them and said shit.

I wish people would be truthful. You’re caught up in the river to the sea fantasy, like a soap opera, you hate Jews, and never cared about the children in Gaza cause you said shit.

Trigger control? Nope. Savages.
    I’ve just decided to be a middle aged somewhat depressed somewhat anxious fucktard until the end.

Post up some pics of babies with their heads and arms blown off if that's what you need to see. Or maybe go back to seeing your therapist twice a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    Someone post the 47 minut video of rape, sodomy, beheadings, child murder.

I’ll say it, a lot of those savages were civilians. They categorically hate Jews, gays, and especially libtarded skiers.

If you bring up the children, I’ll give you this..Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7145.jpeg 
Views:	38 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	493448

You want to save their children? Me too. You had 30:yrs,of their own parents strapping bombs to them and said shit.

I wish people would be truthful. You’re caught up in the river to the sea fantasy, like a soap opera, you hate Jews, and never cared about the children in Gaza cause you said shit.
    By ‘people’ do you mean the fucking IDF chief?

Yeah, maybe he’s not being truthful to himself about the nature of Palestinians.