Check Out Our Shop
Page 4 of 162 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    It’s kinda like partisanship in the US

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Very similar mindset
    what's so funny about peace, love, and understanding?

Quote Originally Posted by up an down View Post
    Very similar mindset
    Maybe, but the grievances and stakes are on a drastically larger scale over there.

Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    Maybe, but the grievances and stakes are on a drastically larger scale over there.
    Plenty of grievances and stakes were settled in north America by murder, segregation ,violence , incarceration etc....the past hefe could be prologue to the future , no shortage here of the nasty ingredients that might bring about future conflicts
    what's so funny about peace, love, and understanding?

Give it some time, the right is pissed. Did you ever expect something like January 6th?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by up an down View Post
    Plenty of grievances and stakes were settled in north America by murder, segregation ,violence , incarceration etc....the past hefe could be prologue to the future , no shortage here of the nasty ingredients that might bring about future conflicts
    I’m talking what’s at stake with present day partisanship.

Going to avoid going full polyass in here, but as bad as partisanship is in the US, the conflict is just vastly different over there.

Could something like yesterday’s terrorist attacks happen here? Maybe, but it hasn’t, and it still seems to me like a very low probability scenario.

And then there’s daily life of Palestinians:

https://www.ochaopt.org/poc/5-18-september-2023

Could Republicans or Democrats put the other in refugee camps? I guess (and it is a conspiracy theory on the right…) but still seems very low probability to me.

Edit: I guess one thing I’d add is that the grievances around Jan. 6 were made up, whereas Palestinian and Israeli grievances are both very real, and go back a very long time. Seems to me that made up grievances have a limiting factor in the scale of the response they can generate.

Could something like yesterday’s terrorist attacks happen here?
    You mean like Tree of Life or a police officer going rogue and killing a bunch of Jewish tourists like in Egypt today?
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by ex-powderbroker View Post
    You mean like Tree of Life or a police officer going rogue and killing a bunch of Jewish tourists like in Egypt today?
    Tree of Life was an individual. Don’t see how that in anyway compares to the organized terror attacks that happened yesterday.

Edit: And the response was to the question of partisan mindset in the US.

You need me to acknowledge that there’s anti-semitism in the US and around the world, and that hate crimes are committed based on that anti-semitism? Yep, I’m very aware.

Quote Originally Posted by summit View Post
    You implicitly condONED the violence.

Now you are walking it back.
    Walking back nothing. A settlement is a military object of violence, just as a tank. It's in fact worse, as the tank typically moves away after some time. Similarly a settler - soldier comparison applies. The prison that is Gaza is also an act of violence. Israel's two-tier citizenship is an act of violence. Just because we don't usually see a bunch people dramatically killed at once neither lessens the violence nor its scale.

I condemn all the violence.

We need to send reinforcements to that air base in Iraq.

Seems blame is landing where it belongs, Iran.

I don't think Israel suffers any existential threat. They are the region's dominant military force. Their neighbors know it. This isn't the height of the Cold War with well-armed soviet client states. I bet on Israel in any conflict from the Persian Gulf to North Africa and don't think any country comes close.

I'm unconvinced that the best way forward includes supporting a warlike corrupt autocrat (Netanyahu), and the US and Israel would both be well served if US support for settlement and occupation was less than unwavering. Start ripping up settlements, returning farmland (and water rights), establishing an economy, extending suffrage, etc., and maybe I'll believe Israel is interested in peace. Their current policies are violent and discriminatory, wrapped in fluffy administrative bullshit. More Americans, and Israelis, ought to see through the bullshit.

I fully expect a very violent reaction that will inspire the next visible outbreak of violence. And the fluffy administrative violence will continue unabated.

What about the American hostages, the American dead?

Give a corrupt, Hamas land? You think they’ll do right with it? They will NEVER be satisfied with your crumbs.

Cono is now saying you can’t negotiate with violent terrorist states. And giving them a little land won’t appease them.

cause these particular terrorists are not currently threatening his upcoming daddy daughter dance..

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Cono is now saying you can’t negotiate with violent terrorist states. And giving them a little land won’t appease them.
    but thats different! Because they have a different religion! HA!
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    I don't think Israel suffers any existential threat. They are the region's dominant military force. Their neighbors know it. This isn't the height of the Cold War with well-armed soviet client states. I bet on Israel in any conflict from the Persian Gulf to North Africa and don't think any country comes close.

I'm unconvinced that the best way forward includes supporting a warlike corrupt autocrat (Netanyahu), and the US and Israel would both be well served if US support for settlement and occupation was less than unwavering. Start ripping up settlements, returning farmland (and water rights), establishing an economy, extending suffrage, etc., and maybe I'll believe Israel is interested in peace. Their current policies are violent and discriminatory, wrapped in fluffy administrative bullshit. More Americans, and Israelis, ought to see through the bullshit.

I fully expect a very violent reaction that will inspire the next visible outbreak of violence. And the fluffy administrative violence will continue unabated.
    Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    cause these particular terrorists are not currently threatening his upcoming daddy daughter dance..
    Giving land, and taking land back are two different things retard.

Quote Originally Posted by ex-powderbroker View Post
    More war and innocent people dying won’t help anyone. It would be much better if they (and everyone else) asked “how can i live in peace with this unmovable neighbor?”
    Which country is the "unmovable neighbor"?

In your example, Israel for Lebanon. Apply it wherever needed at any date past or present and it still works though.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

250 killed at that rav, they say. Well planned out, paragliders etc. pure sinister. What a security fuck up.

Foreigners too.

“Giving land, and taking land back are two different things retard.”

ahh, there’s the coño we know… advanced, not retarded.

please. do elaborate on these differences for those of us with limited capacities…

Islam has no valid claim on Jerusalem as the sacred ‘lifting place’ of Mohammed’s night ride.

When the Koran was written in 624 the furthest temple at the time was Medina . By 715 the Islam empire had expanded to include Jerusalem , so they changed the story to fit their needs .

Jerusalem today is a political trading chip ( as islam has literally traded it away 6 times n the last 1400 years . )

In short Israel is a grain of sand surrounded by a vast sea of hatred as the mainstream media aligns with the efforts of islam to sow discontent in the masses as they gaslight the Israelites as the bad guys .

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Gangrape, beheading prisoners, executing the elderly in the middle of the street only bad sometimes

IDF estimated 1,000 terrorists and there’s a fair few of them dead now. Not sure the US has an internal foe with that dedication, yet.

- 465 fatalities in Gaza since airstrikes began, according to Gaza authorities.

- Picture within Israel is "dire"
    - Fighting still ongoing in southern Israel
    - Approximately 1000 terrorists entered from Gaza
    - 700 confirmed deaths, 2100 wounded "high number of critically wounded"
    - Hamas, Islamic Jihad: We hold 130 Israelis captive in Gaza
    - Heavy rocket barrage targets central, southern Israel

IDF says:
    - Hamas will not be able to govern the Gaza Strip
    - "The situation today is fundamentally different to two days ago"
    - Currently focused on burying the dead
    - "In for a long, difficult, gruesome task"

- There's video of a Hamas terrorist beheading an already dying Israeli civilian with a garden hoe

- At least 260 bodies were removed from music festival that came under Hamas attack. They seized dozens of women, raped and tortured them, then executed many and took others to Gaza. Eyewitness account of the rave massacre:
    https://www.tabletmag.com/sections/n...itness-account

- Support for Israel is no longer taboo in Arab world:
    - “I am a Kuwaiti and I stand by Israel,” journalist Jasem Aljuraid wrote. "My solidarity is with the Palestinian and the Israeli people. We want to uproot Hamas and the PLO..These people have lost the ability to manage the interests of the Palestinians. Poverty is rife there, and their leaders have assets valued in the billions.” https://twitter.com/JJRefugee

- Iranian fans across the stadium at a soccer match chanted: “Take that Palestinian flag and shove it up your ass!”

- "For the longest time, I struggled with my identity. A Palestinian kid born inside Israel. Like…wtf. Many of my friends refuse to this day to say the word “Israel” and call themselves “Palestinian” only. Palestine should exist too as an independent state. And I hope to see the country thrive and become less extreme and more prosperous. I love Palestine and have invested in Palestine.But it’s not my home.So from today forward,
    I view myself as an “Israeli-Palestinian”. Israeli first. Palestinian second." https://twitter.com/nasdaily/status/1711146561487425961

Haaretz Blames Netanyah: “The disaster that befell Israel on the holiday of Simchat Torah is the clear responsibility of one person: Benjamin Netanyahu.”

“The prime minister, who has prided himself on his vast political experience and irreplaceable wisdom in security matters, completely failed to identify the dangers he was consciously leading Israel into when establishing a government of annexation and dispossession, when appointing Bezalel Smotrich and Itamar Ben-Gvir to key positions, while embracing a foreign policy that openly ignored the existence and rights of Palestinians.”
    https://www.haaretz.com/opinion/edit...f-6bfd1c880000

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    - 465 fatalities in Gaza since airstrikes began, according to Gaza authorities.

- Picture within Israel is "dire"
    - Fighting still ongoing in southern Israel
    - Approximately 1000 terrorists entered from Gaza
    - 700 confirmed deaths, 2100 wounded "high number of critically wounded"
    - Hamas, Islamic Jihad: We hold 130 Israelis captive in Gaza
    - Heavy rocket barrage targets central, southern Israel

IDF says:
    - Hamas will not be able to govern the Gaza Strip
    - "The situation today is fundamentally different to two days ago"
    - Currently focused on burying the dead
    - "In for a long, difficult, gruesome task"

- There's video of a Hamas terrorist beheading an already dying Israeli civilian with a garden hoe

- At least 260 bodies were removed from music festival that came under Hamas attack. They seized dozens of women, raped and tortured them, then executed many and took others to Gaza. Eyewitness account of the rave massacre:
    https://www.tabletmag.com/sections/n...itness-account

- Support for Israel is no longer taboo in Arab world:
    - “I am a Kuwaiti and I stand by Israel,” journalist Jasem Aljuraid wrote. "My solidarity is with the Palestinian and the Israeli people. We want to uproot Hamas and the PLO..These people have lost the ability to manage the interests of the Palestinians. Poverty is rife there, and their leaders have assets valued in the billions.” https://twitter.com/JJRefugee

- Iranian fans across the stadium at a soccer match chanted: “Take that Palestinian flag and shove it up your ass!”

- "For the longest time, I struggled with my identity. A Palestinian kid born inside Israel. Like…wtf. Many of my friends refuse to this day to say the word “Israel” and call themselves “Palestinian” only. Palestine should exist too as an independent state. And I hope to see the country thrive and become less extreme and more prosperous. I love Palestine and have invested in Palestine.But it’s not my home.So from today forward,
    I view myself as an “Israeli-Palestinian”. Israeli first. Palestinian second." https://twitter.com/nasdaily/status/1711146561487425961

Haaretz Blames Netanyah: “The disaster that befell Israel on the holiday of Simchat Torah is the clear responsibility of one person: Benjamin Netanyahu.”

“The prime minister, who has prided himself on his vast political experience and irreplaceable wisdom in security matters, completely failed to identify the dangers he was consciously leading Israel into when establishing a government of annexation and dispossession, when appointing Bezalel Smotrich and Itamar Ben-Gvir to key positions, while embracing a foreign policy that openly ignored the existence and rights of Palestinians.”
    https://www.haaretz.com/opinion/edit...f-6bfd1c880000
    Good breakdown.

Reports of Farsi being spoken too.

Seriously, I wish I hadn’t watched these videos. It’s so disturbing to think of those girls and that rav. Damn the internet.

I seriously doubt, that in 2 weeks, the worlds resolve will be the same, it’s going to test many, especially our own govt,

50 years to the day

Good thing for the world your track record of predicting foreign affairs developments is around 0%