Check Out Our Shop

Aire 143D - fair price (cross post from kayak)

Looking at an older 143D (2010) with a DRE 2 bay fishing frame and trailer. Rubber has been well cared for and stored properly. No patches and holds air well - some rubs from frame but pretty limited use. Also is including a Engle cooler and spare oar but that is about it (no oars, dry box, rod holders, etc). Also includes a trailer which a little beat up (roller is bent) but functional. Have been on a lot trips with others but this would be my first boat so hoping collective can provide insight on price (he is asking $7k which seems high to me).

And yes I should have bought Underoos boat earlier by this year.

the montainbuzz website/forums have very raft knowledgeable folks who are eager to comment/advise....especially the last few years used raft prices are up, up, up...Aire in general (PVC with bladder) are good boats, but don't last as long as Hypalon

Fall is the best time to get a deal, spring is the best time to sell. I’d expect anyone listing now to be open to negotiation.

Thoughts
    -no oars sucks- counterbalanced polecats will cost you 500$ a set square tops or bandits 1k+
    -does this have the front and rear DRE casting floors ($600ea) they are really nice to have, especially in an older boat with a softer floor.. Could always make your own underoos style
    -does it have front and rear casting braces? (300$ea.) II much prefer the new “no snag” style over the older horns.
    -does it have full anchor system?
    - trailer- piece of shit is probably worth 500$, nicer/newer 1-3k

I’ve got an older (2008) hypalon 14ft DRE boat/trailer with all the fixens I’m planning on selling in the spring. About the same price range. Currently broken down and stored for winter. Shoot me a pm if you’re interested and we can discuss I’m in Fort Collins, CO

And I 2nd the mountainbuzz price police for assessment

Thanks jpcm. It has the diamond plate flooring and basic casting braces. Frame is also set up for an anchor but no anchor is included. You touched on part of my hesitation in that there are a number of additional items that will add up and cuss some stress at the home front. Shooting you a pm as your boat might be an option as well as I’m not far from you.

OP, if you go with the Aire I have a set of oars that will fit it that I'll let go for cheap. But really you should buy jcpm's rig. It's turnkey, set up well, and I can vouch that it works to catch fish.

Thanks Underoos - traded PMs JCPM