Check Out Our Shop

Aire 143D - fair price?

Looking at an older 143D (2010) with a DRE 2 bay fishing frame and trailer. Rubber has been well cared for and stored properly. No patches and holds air well - some rubs from frame but pretty limited use. Also is including a Engle cooler and spare oar but that is about it (no oars, dry box, rod holders, etc). Also includes a trailer which a little beat up (roller is bent) but functional. Have been on a lot trips with others but this would be my first boat so hoping collective can provide insight on price (he is asking $7k which seems high to me).

I suppose I would want to know a little bit more about the trailer, but in general that seems a bit high to me.

To give perspective. We picked up a maravia willawa 2, sawyer oats plus spare, salmon river frame, 2 dry boxes, yeti 120 cooler, cargo net, bunch of straps, trailer in good condition. Whole setup had been on water 2x for that price.
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Thanks detrusor! Helpful data point - with stupid post pandemic prices hard to gauge so very helpful.

Given that the raft you’re looking at is well-maintained with no patches and includes a trailer, even if it’s a bit worn, the asking price of $7k might be on the higher side, especially considering it doesn’t come with oars, a dry box, or rod holders, which are significant components of a fishing raft setup. It might be worth negotiating the price or looking for other options that offer more accessories included with the raft to ensure you’re getting the best value for your investment. Remember, the final decision should also factor in how well the raft suits your specific needs and preferences.

Thanks jamoce. Wound up picking up an older 13' otter with minimal use and 2-year old DRE fishing frame with all the bells and whistlers for a heck of a deal from a friend of a friend. Super stoked to get out on the Yampa and Colorado.