Check Out Our Shop
Page 47 of 52 FirstFirst ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 1284
    You think Allen is their second best player?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    You think Allen is their second best player?
    Absolutely. Allen took a massive leap this year improving in all aspects of his game and after vowing to be tougher after the 1st round exit to the Knicks last year. 7' guys who can play offense and defend are valuable.

Garland, while I like him a whole lot, has maintained his already high level. If anything I would have liked to see him step up a bit this year. Kind of like what he did last night.

Mobley is still a work in progress. He could be the next Chris Bosh if he develops his offense a bit. He's still very young.
    I still call it The Jake.

2023/2024 NBA THREAD: WHO WANTS TO GO ON PARADE?!?

The ranking of players on a team within a roster is pretty subjective to position / need / depth so I could see that argument. A player could be more important to a team even if there are teammates who are better in a vacuum.

Did Denver wake up and will now roll through the rest of the west? Or is Minny gonna come back and take the lead in Denver? I could believe either narrative. Super fun series though.

How about the OKC game? I was yelling at the screen like the Chuckster because Chet was out there at the three-point line when he shoulda been in there, banging butts, getting rebounds, and I was yelling at the screen: “Why don’t you lift some weights you skinny fucker!”
    And then he kind of played great at the end.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    How about the OKC game? I was yelling at the screen like the Chuckster because Chet was out there at the three-point line when he shoulda been in there, banging butts, getting rebounds, and I was yelling at the screen: “Why don’t you lift some weights you skinny fucker!”
    And then he kind of played great at the end.
    I missed the game so just throwing this out there: was he possibly clearing space in the paint for SGA? I assume you mean on the offensive side of the ball. Because a lot of big guys linger too much inside and fuck things up on guard-dominant teams.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    I missed the game so just throwing this out there: was he possibly clearing space in the paint for SGA? I assume you mean on the offensive side of the ball. Because a lot of big guys linger too much inside and fuck things up on guard-dominant teams.
    Kinda, I don’t remember exactly if that was the goal, but he was four for 24 I think at some point.

Jokic is just toying with Gobert right now. Love it.

Jokic. Holy crap. 37 points and 13 assists on 14-19 shooting. Still 4 minutes left.

I guess you don’t need Murray if Joker’s gonna pull this kinda crap out.

Walking the dog.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

And that’s why Rick Carlisle says every game is different in the playoffs, man the Knicks brought it on both ends of the court. Brunson is absurd.

Back to Indy

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Jokic. Holy crap. 37 points and 13 assists on 14-19 shooting. Still 4 minutes left.

I guess you don’t need Murray if Joker’s gonna pull this kinda crap out.
    Zero turnovers. Just abused Gobert last night with one of the best playoff performances I've ever seen. Nugs are back baby.

I've never seen Jokic so demonstrative on the court, demanding the ball.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

This is funny to say about a three time MVP but Jokic doesn’t really have many signature games. Last night is one we’ll remember.

Jokic put on a masterclass in baby hooks, back downs and turnaround post moves. All on the 4-time DPOY. Just destroyed Gobert.

And Gobert had a decent game offensively, but jokic just worked him over on the other side of the court.

Boy was I wrong in my last post in here. Denver looks dominate again after going down 0-2 and completely flipped the series. Also, OKC is showing its age and inexperience against Dallas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And Gobert didn't play bad defense, it's not like Jokic schooled him and faked him out of his shorts left and right. Gobert played Jokic as well as you could expect, and it simply didn't matter. That was what most impressed me.

Yep. Unstoppable stuff from Jokic.

Wolves O has disappeared in 3, 4, and 5. If Ant has gets anything from his teammates in G4, it's different game. He's probably ~20+ assists short this series from Jaden, Naz and NAW bricking open looks. NAW was solid last night. Anderson unplayable.

I would've bet on the Wolves bench over Nugs bench every time going into this, but credit where it's due, Nugs have stepped up. Braun with a noticeable G5. Jackson with some timely makes. Nugs have gotten what they've needed from supporting cast. Murray great G3, Gordon insane G3/G4. They've had a counter for everything since G2.

Don't overlook the fact that the Nuggets played fantastic defense last night. They were all on a string, they knew exactly what they were trying to do, they didn't try to deny Ant the ball but they did double him every time he got it, forcing him to give it up and let someone else shoot.

Gobert so f-ing soft it's unreal - who did he pay off to get all these DPOTY?

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    Yep. Unstoppable stuff from Jokic.

Wolves O has disappeared in 3, 4, and 5. If Ant has gets anything from his teammates in G4, it's different game. He's probably ~20+ assists short this series from Jaden, Naz and NAW bricking open looks. NAW was solid last night. Anderson unplayable.

I would've bet on the Wolves bench over Nugs bench every time going into this, but credit where it's due, Nugs have stepped up. Braun with a noticeable G5. Jackson with some timely makes. Nugs have gotten what they've needed from supporting cast. Murray great G3, Gordon insane G3/G4. They've had a counter for everything since G2.

Jokic was a monster last night. One of the things that those highlights don't show is that there was a period where the Wolves saw him getting in the zone and fouled him hard several times, including one time where Gobert caught him right across the face (unintentionally) and Jokic was just shrugging it off like it was nothing. He seemed absolutely on a mission. I would defy any of the "old school basketball was better" types to watch this series with its defense, physicality, and post play and come away claiming that the current NBA is soft dudes shooting 3s and flopping for free throws.

I was worried when Gordon picked up the two early fouls as he's been playing as the Nuggets backup center in the minutes that Jokic rests (and the Wolves already are one of the few teams with a size advantage on the Nuggets), but Jokic was exceptional and the team held out when he wasn't on the floor. Those three charges the Nuggets took in succession were huge, especially the first by Gordon who risked his 3rd foul. I think that was a turning point that hasn't been discussed (save a bit about the Wolves not being super smart in doing it repeatedly)

I really like the T-Wolves, but they're not a particularly smart offensive team, especially without Conley. If I'm Finch, I'm scripting a few specific actions for when Ant gets double teamed like a football coach does for a young quarterback. Too many times he got caught in that double and was unable to pass out in a way that put the Nuggets on the back foot. I thought that he could have gotten it to Gobert in the middle several times and didn't and overall, the whole team didn't seem to read and react to punish the double as well as I'd have liked. So if I'm Finch, I'm giving them a few very set plays and i'm ok with them not being the ideal individual situational read as long as they're more decisive.

Speaking of the doubles, I also would like to highlight Jokic's defense on them. He held Ant in front of him while hedging repeatedly and had his hands digging and moving to make dribbling/passing tough. The narrative that Jokic is a bad defender hasn't been true for years, but I thought he did a particularly good job as a perimeter help defender this game.

Excellent quote in an article about Joker today:

“It was as if he was hosting a fantasy camp for wide-eyed, comically overmatched fans. Except the fans were a trio of seven-foot NBAers, including the best defensive player on the planet, an All-Star, and the Sixth Man of the Year.”

Not overlooked. Wolves going cold doesn't happen in a vacuum. I think Braun's play was especially impactful.

But Ant was seeing, and beating the double from PHX. Gordon/KCP tougher than Nurkic/Beal no doubt, and Conley's spacing was missed last night. Ant's play against the double has been the key for this team all postseason. I think he's stopped trusting the pass after watching his teammates miss wide open looks since G2.

Quote Originally Posted by cinnepa View Post
    This.
    It’s like all they ever saw was that he’s kind of tall and can block a shot once in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by cinnepa View Post
    I don't know how you can watch the video posted by MarcusBrody and come away with the notion that Gobert was soft. Jokic was just unstoppable even in the face of good defense.

And while I am not a hudge fan of Gobert, and think he's a bit overrated as a defender, he is still a really really good defender. Jokic didn't score at will because Rudy sucked. Jokic scored at will because he was possessed and is the best player in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    Not overlooked. Wolves going cold doesn't happen in a vacuum. I think Braun's play was especially impactful.

But Ant was seeing, and beating the double from PHX. Gordon/KCP tougher than Nurkic/Beal no doubt, and Conley's spacing was missed last night. Ant's play against the double has been the key for this team all postseason. I think he's stopped trusting the pass after watching his teammates miss wide open looks since G2.
    yeah, I think it was obvious they REALLY missed Conley.