Check Out Our Shop
Page 4 of 52 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Fire sale in ATL right now, bag of rap snacks and a second rounder might get you Ice Trae at this pace.
    I still call it The Jake.

It's unbelievable how badly the Hawks bungled the situation with Collins.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    It's unbelievable how badly the Hawks bungled the situation with Collins.
    As a jazz homer I feel that they handled It perfectly.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post

Trader Danny - swoops another franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    It honestly doesn't make sense..... How does John Collins get traded for Rudy Gay who is heading into his 17th season and a second-round pick? Even with his slump in numbers, Collins still seems like a nice player who I think fits into the Jazz's rotation/starting 5 nicely. But I'll admit I watched about zero minutes of Hawks basketball this year so maybe I'm missing something.

Starting 5 of Markkanen, Collins, Kessler, Clarkson, and Sexton will be fun to watch, assuming the Jazz can retain Clarkson, but adding a $25 mil/year player isn't helping.

Hopefully, this doesn't mean Jordan Clarkson is gone but it sure eats into the cap space and I can't imagine Ryan Smith is ready to pay luxury tax for a team with a ceiling of a second-round(maybe only 1st) playoff exit. Will be interesting to see what happens between now and June 29th.

John Hollinger (who is fun to read even if he's not always correct) says that players aren't traded, contracts are traded. That explains the Collins trade, especially after the Hawks tanked his value by not using him correctly.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Holy moly... Rudy Gay didn't retire yet? This makes me feel young.

News to make cinnepa happy: word on the street is that Harden is opting in so that the Sixers can trade him.

News to make cinnepa happy: word on the street is that Harden is opting in so that the Sixers can trade him.
    Which begs the question: TO WHO?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Which begs the question: TO WHOM?!?!
    Fifu

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    Fifu
    Goddamn it.

Heard a rumor the Jazz are going to trade Kelly Olynyk and Jordan Clarkson to the Sixers for Tobias Harris.

I think this would also make most sixers fans happy. I'm not a huge Tobi fan so hopefully it's just a rumor.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

"Tobias Harris over me???"

Clips? Harden/harris for George, morris sr. , powell? Not a fan of that. Knicks, heat also in discussions. As the Windbag was reporting.

Quote Originally Posted by brutah View Post
    Heard a rumor the Jazz are going to trade Kelly Olynyk and Jordan Clarkson to the Sixers for Tobias Harris.

I think this would also make most sixers fans happy. I'm not a huge Tobi fan so hopefully it's just a rumor.

Don't hate that.

Jeff Van Gundy out at ESPN, but they are keeping Mark Jackson. Jackson is a hudge tool, the only thing that made him bearable was the chemistry with JVG.

Jeff Van Gundy out at ESPN, but they are keeping Mark Jackson. Jackson is a hudge tool, the only thing that made him bearable was the chemistry with JVG.
    I looked to see if Mark Jackson got cut too and was disappointed to not see him named. Dude lost all credibility when he left Jokic off his MVP ballot, not too mention the things he says on air make me question how much basketball he actually watches besides the games he announces.

IMO, they should have just cut all their "talent" and gone back to strictly airing highlights and sporting events. ESPN has gotten pretty unbearable over the last decade and they barely show any highlights anymore, they just let their talking heads talk ad nauseam. I'd much rather watch sports on TNT or Fox these days

And the lunacy begins. So far, the worst overpay I have seen is the Blazers giving Grant 5/$160M. That's just brutally stupid.

2023/2024 NBA THREAD: WHO WANTS TO GO ON PARADE?!?

They cut Gundy but not Jackson? That is def the dumbest fucking NBA related thing I’ve heard this year. Maybe they think he’s getting a Coach job anyway and won’t have to pay out his contract?

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    They cut Gundy but not Jackson? That is def the dumbest fucking NBA related thing I’ve heard this year. Maybe they think he’s getting a Coach job anyway and won’t have to pay out his contract?
    Well, just like Hollinger says to view all trades as traded contracts and not players, I am guessing this one has everything to do with how much JVG gets paid vs Jackson's pay. But still, totally fucking dumb.

And the lunacy begins. So far, the worst overpay I have seen is the Blazers giving Grant 5/$160M. That's just brutally stupid.
    Yup. Grant is good...maybe even really good on any given night. But nowhere near $160M good. Not even the same hemisphere.

Lillard has this team by the balls. So much irony in the situation that I can't take it.

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

The good news is that Lillard may be getting his super star!

https://www.blazersedge.com/2023/6/3...ba-free-agency

Sigh. FML.

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Bruce Brown got paid!
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    Bruce Brown got paid!
    Good for him. As a Nugs fan I'll certainly miss him.

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    Good for him. As a Nugs fan I'll certainly miss him.
    Yup. And yup.