Check Out Our Shop
Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    He's a RFA, they don't need to sign and trade.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I don't take that deal if I'm the Pels. They need more, a chance at a star, not a good player and an unknown pick.
    This. You only give up on Zion if the deal includes a potential future all star caliber player. Zion when he does play is so dominant so he’s still worth a roll of the dice to a certain degree.

Looks like CP3 to Dubs!

And Poole gets a new home!
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

That's going to give the Warriors a LOT of cap relief under the new CBA, as Poole's extension kicks in and CP3 is an expiring contract.

Tahoe J and the rest of the GSW contingent - is this good? I know you assumed Poole was likely gone. Are you psyched on Paul? how does he fit? Seems strange to me but I don't know your team like you do.

Edit: Holy crap sportstrac already updated both team's cap pages. That's amazing.

Edit 2: - oh, I see. They waive CP3, get the cap relief, and CP3 heads over to the Lake Show.
    Last edited by EWG; 06-22-2023 at 03:02 PM.

He's a RFA, they don't need to sign and trade.
    Re Grant Williams - if another team pays him 4/$56M are the Celtics going to pay him an average of $14M/year with all their other $ obligations? Is there another team that thinks he’s worth $14M/year?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Tahoe J and the rest of the GSW contingent - is this good? I know you assumed Poole was likely gone. Are you psyched on Paul? how does he fit? Seems strange to me but I don't know your team like you do.

Edit: Holy crap sportstrac already updated both team's cap pages. That's amazing.
    I don’t like CP3 as a dude (dirty, long term rival), but the new CBA forced Dubs to reckon with Poole and his pricey contract.

CP3 may help in playoffs to steady second unit and his contract is non-guaranteed for next year. Could unlock Kuminga as a roller if Kuminga not traded.

96 minutes a game at guard

Curry 32
    Klay 28
    CP3 24
    GP2/Free Agent 12

Not a bad rotation. Wouldn’t be overusing Klay or CP3.

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Re Grant Williams - if another team pays him 4/$56M are the Celtics going to pay him an average of $14M/year with all their other $ obligations? Is there another team that thinks he’s worth $14M/year?
    Good question. I think he's worth it, but not sure what they think, especially since his rotation spot seemed to come and go. But how many guys can do a good job defending Giannis and JFB?

I highly doubt they just let him leave for nothing, but we'll see.

I'm not a CP3 fan but I've always respected his game. The Warriors are without a doubt a better team with him than Poole, and yeah, as already mentioned this is a huge difference in terms of long term cap implications. That Poole contract extension was not looking good. He became a turnover machine (second highest turnover-per-minute ratio in the league), made brain-dead decisions late in games (remember when Curry was so pissed at him he chucked his mouth piece into the stands and got ejected?), and he kept taking shots like he's Steph Curry but he's not (33% from behind the arc last season). And then he was one of the worst defenders in the league, at times giving shockingly little effort. For the record, I was saying all of this about Poole before the trade and was hopefully they'd be able to move him. So... I'll take it.

CP3 is gonna have a ton of space to knock down those mid-range jumpers he loves. And won't have as much of a load to carry or need to play as many minutes as he did in Phoenix.

Also, now Draymond is much more likely to return.

Congrats Portland fans - Charlotte just gifted you guys Scoot Henderson. Unless you're on the cusp of a championship you always* take the best player, fit be damned (within reason). It's not like Brandon Miller is some entirely different fit alongside LaMelo Ball vs. Scoot.

*almost always, there are exceptions.

2023/2024 NBA THREAD: WHO WANTS TO GO ON PARADE?!?

Yeah, I’ve hatedCP3 for a while, the way he steps on guy’s feet to get them to fall over, and all his little tricks, but I think he’s one of those players when he’s on your team you love him.
    Maybe the dubs can keep him healthy as they’re pretty good at monitoring minutes . Or if somebody stated above, maybe he goes somewhere else, and they can finally get a 15th player.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Hey CP, mind yur achilles....
    "You're young and you got your health, what do you want with a job?"

CP and Draymond together would be more theatrics than one guy could handle. Maybe they'd cancel each other out.

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Re: the Blazers, I sort of think our situation is sixes.

If we keep Dame and presumably move someone else, were pretty good depending who we get. Let's say we have Dame and Scoot, Sharpe and Grant plus a vet big man and an improved wing for Anferee and Nurc (hypothetically). Not bad, not great. Very good offense.

But if we move Dame, we've got a really good, young squad in Scoot (assuming he's good), Sharpe, Anferee, and Jerami Grant. Little coming off the bench. Add a center besides Nurk and a defensive wing and that's a damned good start to a roster in two or three years.

I love Dame more than Jeebus but it might be time to go now that we have Scoot. Anferee and Sharpe can play point as well while Scoot learns the league.

"All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

2023/2024 NBA THREAD: WHO WANTS TO GO ON PARADE?!?

Just scrolling through the news feed this morning. That’s quite a nickname
    https://apple.news/AD5qUC6bqSzaGNtxl0tIYNw
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1687523870.208286.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	425.3 KB 
ID:	462815

Gradey Dick definitely won the outfit contest

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

If I'm Portland I trade Dame (along with that awful Nurkic contract) and build around Scoot, Simons, and hopefully a young player or picks you get in the trade. Time to move on and it'll be better for Dame too.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    If I'm Portland I trade Dame (along with that awful Nurkic contract) and build around Scoot, Simons, and hopefully a young player or picks you get in the trade. Time to move on and it'll be better for Dame too.
    Was thinking the same. Scoot, Simons, Sharpe, and whatever you get for Dame (which should be a good bit in players and/or picks) would be my direction too.

The outfits on these guys are amazing: https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/2...rson-more/amp/

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    The outfits on these guys are amazing: https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/2...rson-more/amp/

Yea some of em were wild.
    The way Scoot and his family were iced out, I wouldn't be surprised if he already spent his rookie contract.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Was thinking the same. Scoot, Simons, Sharpe, and whatever you get for Dame (which should be a good bit in players and/or picks) would be my direction too.
    That would be fine but I want to also trade Simons...I could see that happening midyear. He's good, I just think the combo of him and Scoot won't ultimately work.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Sure, trade Simons too!

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    That would be fine but I want to also trade Simons...I could see that happening midyear. He's good, I just think the combo of him and Scoot won't ultimately work.
    Assuming Sharpe picks up where he left off, there's no sense in keeping Ant. Trade him, Nurk and Dame for a center, wing and filler.

I know, fuck podcasts (right Danno?) so I don't post many of them, but here's my full thoughts on the Jordan Poole / CP3 trade...

Blazer fans now clamoring for Draymond.

1. Not going to happen as he's staying in GS.
    2. Starting line up of Dame, Shaedon, Nurc, Jerami and Dray would be pretty fun. Dray wound undoubtedly get Nurks fat ass in gear.
    3. Not going to happen.