Check Out Our Shop
Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bw_wp_hedonism View Post
    Or maybe I need one of each?
    I think I’d go with two of each…..

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvan View Post
    Marsh, June ski question for ya, if you have a sec and don't mind sharing your design thoughts? I believe you mentioned that the FR110s will be 2 ticks softer than FL113s, just curious if the flex profile is similar (ie. stiffer front half, softer tail)? Don't wanna mount too far back and neuter the tail a la R11s is my thinking, especially with some splay back there. TIA.
    Yessir! So I would call the Fr110 a little more round than the FL113 (which is a tip-biased stiffness), since the flex pattern is distributed differently accross the ski. the core thickness underfoot is comparable, but it manifests about 2 ticks softer since it is more rockered. I would say that any stiffer starts to beat you up as its a full reverse, and on firm snow, energy is transmitted right into the boot. As they will deliver, however, I think the vast majority of skiers will find it to be very very smooth and responsive, and quite dialed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvan View Post
    I'm really hoping the 192 FR110 will split the difference between Squads and FL113s; more 'fun' than FL113s for below tree line soft days or when doing alpine laps when in a Marley vice Megadeth headspace, but burlier than Squads in a straight line, even if being on the 27m R edge is a requirement, would be money. Will be fun to read the feedback when more folks get em on snow. Exciting times for sure.
    For sure, haha. I had a "Slayer" vs. "Tribe Called Quest" mindset, but I think that is the same thing you are saying, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by pfluffenmeister View Post
    I'm in on the FR110!

Now debating between the 186 & 193.
    Regarding eh 186 vs 192, I'd think about them as mount point actually. Since the 192 is a touch bigger radius, it has a bit more offset, and therefore slightly more directional. As such, the midsole is engineered at -7.5 (+/- 1.5 or 2 by preference). The 186 is -6 for reference.

I personally ski the 186 at -8.5 myself, using it as a tight tree ski as a very directional skier (ie snowbird on pow days where the upper mtn isn't open and alta most days). It feels perfect for me in that size. In a more open use case, I'd go 192 and mount it at -7.5.

Punchline is that while I don't think you would be bummed on either, based on where you ski and the skis I know you love, it might make sense to swap over to the 192. But also, knowing you are going to be coming off a major injury, the quicker and surfier 186 might be a good call. Just LMK if you want to.

https://heritagelabskis.com/products/fr110

186s are in stock, don't know how many, but Marshal is hard at work QCing and getting skis out there as we speak. Really can't wait for mine, so you should all go buy yourselves a pair.

Only one pair of the fall run 186 FR110 left!
    There are 6 more pair coming in ~Dec

get em while you can

Mine should arrive tomorrow!

Can’t wait to hear what you think!!!

Can’t wait to get these in and mounted!

Shipping notification today!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry - Mark Twain

Mine should arrive tomorrow!

Feel free to post more pics of these beauties when they get in

I can't wait to hear about these skis. I think I'm on ski buying restriction until middle of the year, at least, but I'm dying to hear some opinions. There's always room in a quiver for another mid-fat, amirite?

Quote Originally Posted by SnowMachine View Post
    I can't wait to hear about these skis. I think I'm on ski buying restriction until middle of the year, at least, but I'm dying to hear some opinions. There's always room in a quiver for another mid-fat, amirite?
    Ehh, fact check.

We have passed middle of the year.

There you go. What's the problem?

185FL 105& 186FR 110 arrived yesterday!

Extra safe packing with handwrapped cardboard tip and tail protectors.
    Finish is top quality from topsheet (great texture) to base (flat and fast); most notably the edges and edge finish!
    Grab the edges and go tip to tail in one smooth pass and it's like running your hand down a blade w/o getting cut.

Smooooth.

I would not detune, but I rarely (maybe never detune).

They feel solid.

The FL105s hand flex in between my MX98s and Monster 108s with rounder overall flex and and more energy on the rebound.
    They might kick out both the MXs and Monsters(?).

The FR110s have much more rocked than I'm used to, but most of the rocker looks like it's underfoot with forebody and tail being relatively flat.
    It looks like a fair amount of rocker when base to base, but when standing on them barefoot carpet skiing they felt great.
    Hand flex is round and stiff, but not as stiff as the FL105s.

My only other reverse camber experience is with the 202Lotus 138 R2 (alot of splay, but flat underfoot), and Kusalas (186&189; basically flat with minimal rocker).
    I love the way these skis perform (did not think that I would like the Lotus 138s but they rocked the 4' in 4 days!).

Weights are nice and thicc, with the FL105s card coming in at 2325g and FR110s at 2425g (IIRC).

Looks like I've got:
    FL105 V0 008
    FR110 V2 010

Pics forthcoming (if I get pics to post).

The wait was worth it!

185FL 105& 186FR 110 arrived yesterday!
    Nice dude! Glad to hear your are happy upon first inspection. I spend about 30min on every pair hand working the edges, so glad that you notice the difference, haha

Quick note on the FR110 rocker profile. It is designed as a circular "matched" radius to and through the effective edge (with some feathering near the wide points, based on the rise of the tip and tail), meaning for the FR110 the rocker's radius is ~25m radius as-is the sidecut of the ski.

I believe that integer multiples of the radius for reverse camber designs work amazingly well on full reverse skis, as it makes the ski super predictable and hooks up much cleaner of a carve than other full reverse designs on "mid fat" skis.

As an example, The FL113 for example is 2:1 rocker:radius ratio (~100m reverse radius, ~50m turn radius), which is why that ski is so much more versatile than it "should" be on paper.

Quick note to everyone in the shipping queue... I am about 1/2 way through the shipping of skis from Preorder. I did the more complicated orders first (ie multiple pairs, on multiple orders, 3-4+ pairs on an order, etc). So the single pair orders are next and going out in the coming days/week or two. I should have everyone with preorder skis shipped by the end of the month! Keep an eye out for your shipping label being printed and your order should post to the system in a day or two from there!

So pumped to hear the reviews fly come snowy season!!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Officially back in on these after canceling my preorder after my accident! Marshal was awesome and hooked me up to make sure I still could jump on a pair once I got clearance from my doc. Now I am starting to learn to walk again, I sold my bike and my doc said that I will most likely ski this season. I am so psyched to have a reason to buy these skis, when three months ago I wasn't sure I would be able to walk again.

Quote Originally Posted by ASmileyFace View Post
    Officially back in on these after canceling my preorder after my accident! Marshal was awesome and hooked me up to make sure I still could jump on a pair once I got clearance from my doc. Now I am starting to learn to walk again, I sold my bike and my doc said that I will most likely ski this season. I am so psyched to have a reason to buy these skis, when three months ago I wasn't sure I would be able to walk again.
    Love your priorities!

support the raddest project going: http://heritagelabskis.com

Quote Originally Posted by ASmileyFace View Post
    Damn dude. Here’s to a healthy recovery and hard work at the PT!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

^^ x2. Hope you are cruising and ripping this season!

Quote Originally Posted by Marshal Olson View Post
    )

Quick note to everyone in the shipping queue... I am about 1/2 way through the shipping of skis from Preorder. I did the more complicated orders first (ie multiple pairs, on multiple orders, 3-4+ pairs on an order, etc). So the single pair orders are next and going out in the coming days/week or two. I should have everyone with preorder skis shipped by the end of the month! Keep an eye out for your shipping label being printed and your order should post to the system in a day or two from there!
    Nice! I'm over here checking my inbox every 2 hrs like a crack fiend looking for a fix.

Soft Snow Gymkhana - The Heritage Lab FR110

Hmmmm.....

FR110...." it feels like the intersection of an OG EHP and Dev" And compares to a Sickle. Is heavy. -6cm mount. Comes in a 180cm. WTF?! What took me so long to read this thread!

Finger on the trigger for Jan 2024 FR 110s.

Assume shipping to Canada (North Vancouver) not an issue (quick check of the website couldn't tell).

Thanks,

KC

Quote Originally Posted by kc_7777 View Post
    Assume shipping to Canada (North Vancouver) not an issue (quick check of the website couldn't tell).
    Yeah dude! No troubles shipping to Canada, doing quite a few pair last and this season. We just need to use USPS instead of UPS. LMK if you have any other q's

Quote Originally Posted by Marshal Olson View Post
    Yeah dude! No troubles shipping to Canada, doing quite a few pair last and this season. We just need to use USPS instead of UPS. LMK if you have any other q's
    No problems kc, usps should be better too

Got my FR110!

Weighed in at 2360 and 2395 for the 186 length. I tried to get a shot of the sweet rocker profile here.