Check Out Our Shop
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    If I had musk money, I’d buy the team and name them the Stormin’ Mormon Soakers. FKNA!
    Ha! .. what would the mascot be .. A wiener that just soaks in the bun .. a big corndog?
    north bound horse.

Plus, you know they will come up with an absolute abomination of a name like the Salt Lake Elders or the Utah Founders.

Then of course, no beer sales after the 4th inning.

EDIT: Holy fuck, they already had a baseball team called the Salt Lake Elders
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catego...Elders_players

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    Plus, you know they will come up with an absolute abomination of a name like the Salt Lake Elders or the Utah Founders.

I think those are great names. Also could be the Utah Bishops, the Salt Lake Prophets, or the Salt Lake Dust Devils.

The unis could be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post

Da fuck you talking about ? I think SLC is the best settings for pro athletes. Have 12 kids with 4-5 women that aren't your first wife.
    How about SLC polygamists or virginity reapers ?

A lot to unpack here, which I will get back to.
    Realistically there's 2 expansion slots, Vegas is a no brainer for 1, Portland & Vancouver both top SLC.
    This is just a real estate play for. LHM corp

The SLC Smog Monsters has a certain truth to it.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

How much taxpayer money for the stadium do you think they'll ask for?
    Three fundamentals of every extreme skier, total disregard for personal saftey, amphetamines, and lots and lots of malt liquor......-jack handy

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    I think those are great names. Also could be the Utah Bishops, the Salt Lake Prophets, or the Salt Lake Dust Devils.
    If I know anything about the Millerz they like their franchise names to alliterate.

Salt Lake Birdz

Mascot is a seagull.

Just an excuse to post a great song and video with some baseball in it called, THE GREAT SALT LAKE!

Governor claims no taxpayer money will go to a stadium but possible tax breaks for them that are way below what MLB owners are expecting. MLB experts say he has to change his mind if he wants a team.

Smog monsters are a good direction for a name- why can't our smog have a ctachy name like Karl the Fog in SF?

Would love to hear your drunken rant about the LHM power play Woodsy.

In the vein of the red and white sox organizations, how about an undergarment themed name, like the long johns, or base layers?

since this is becoming a huge part of the News from Utahrdia thread thought I would help consolidate

It’d be great. Think of how much fun the Mormon tailgating would be!!!!
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo View Post
    That'd be some wild ass shit no doubt.

Speaking of which, I miss the massive tailgate scene that used to be a part of every Braves game down at the Ted. That's one good thing the Battery killed when they moved to Cobb County.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    Smog monsters are a good direction for a name- why can't our smog have a ctachy name like Karl the Fog in SF?

Fuck Karl. You can have him. OG SF calls it Fog. Thankfully that stupid name is fading w the death of its Twitter page

Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo View Post
    You should come checkout the Utah Football tailgate scene sometime. I’m not saying it rivals the SEC scene, but it was easily the best tailgate in the PAC.

So this is a legit question - is there ANY kind of tailgate scene at BYU for the away folks? Mountaineers are scheduled to play there this season for the first time, and I can't find any accounts of visiting teams fans in Provo except when Wisconsin fans drank the town out of all their booze back in the day. All my Utes friends here don't bother to go to the Holy War except when they play at Rice-Eccles.
    Montani Semper Liberi

I kinda really liked the old UT liquor laws, for the exact reason you cited. I loved stopping at the State Liquor store grabbing 2x minis and riding the park city bus.
    Last edited by Bunion 2020; 05-09-2024 at 01:58 PM.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by MarsB View Post
    So this is a legit question - is there ANY kind of tailgate scene at BYU for the away folks? Mountaineers are scheduled to play there this season for the first time, and I can't find any accounts of visiting teams fans in Provo except when Wisconsin fans drank the town out of all their booze back in the day. All my Utes friends here don't bother to go to the Holy War except when they play at Rice-Eccles.
    No drinking allowed anywhere on campus, in the stadium or in the parking lots. There's tailgating, but it's focused on food, not drinking. Visiting fans are always welcomed by the home fans in their tailgates. If drinking is a big part of your football experience, you're better off watching at home.

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    If fun is a big part of your football experience, you're better off watching at home.
    Fify

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    swing your fucking sword.

Quote Originally Posted by alias_rice View Post
    You should come checkout the Utah Football tailgate scene sometime. I’m not saying it rivals the SEC scene, but it was easily the best tailgate in the PAC.
    If by PAC you’d only visited the California schools. Utes tail gate scene was super lame last time I went ( maybe a decade ago). I mean it’s cool if you like hanging with fake biker dudes in their 60s.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    A lot to unpack here, which I will get back to.
    Realistically there's 2 expansion slots, Vegas is a no brainer for 1, Portland & Vancouver both top SLC.
    This is just a real estate play for. LHM corp
    Popular sentiment in Portland is hard against any kind of subsidies/incentives to get the MLB to town. There is a group of well-heeled schmoos called the Portland diamond project that are trying to make it happen, but they haven't even been able to get an option on a viable stadium location as far as I know.

Portland MLB can be the Burnside Bums with a waterfront park near McCall

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    Fify

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    If alcohol=fun for you, then you are correct that you would not enjoy attending a game at BYU. I've had plenty of fun at football games without alcohol, but each their own.