Check Out Our Shop
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    OMG. That was amateur hour.
    Please, enthrall us with your infinite knowledge about ordinance disposal in an urban environment.

The sad part of this whole deal was the homeowner is an elderly widow who is now homeless.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    The sad part of this whole deal was the homeowner is an elderly widow who is now homeless.

At least she doesn't have to clean out the house?

Hopefully she was able to gather some important items before it was detonated. Combustibles are not a good heirloom.

Quote Originally Posted by Touring_Sedan View Post
    Please, enthrall us with your infinite knowledge about ordinance disposal in an urban environment.
    Maybe I misunderstood the video, but wouldn't having a fire truck ON HAND be SOP??? Those two guys (techs???) went running up and had to be rather sternly recalled by the uniformed cop. Shouldn't there be a procedure that gets followed? At least around here, EMT can't work on a car wreck unless there's a live FD hose right there. This is some serious shit, blowing up a house. It's like they were surprised it caught on fire. What did they expect would happen? If they missed that important point, what other items did they miss or not account for? I would have expected some mobile blast "pillows" at the very least. Maybe be even pre-soak the building and yard. I ve never been a bomb tech. I did however follow my dad around when he was VFD. He never got to mop up after a bomb squad.

Maybe I misunderstood the video, but wouldn't having a fire truck ON HAND be SOP???
    Maybe not? Forest Service in Socal wanted to remove some concrete dams on a stream to restore native steelhead habitat. So they partnered with Marines from Pendleton to remove them with explosives. The Forest supervisor gave the go ahead on a red flag day with no fire assets on site. They blew the dams, igniting a fire which burned up around 550 acres.

https://www.desertsun.com/story/news...ze/9354139002/

Maybe I misunderstood the video, but wouldn't having a fire truck ON HAND be SOP??? Those two guys (techs???) went running up and had to be rather sternly recalled by the uniformed cop. Shouldn't there be a procedure that gets followed? At least around here, EMT can't work on a car wreck unless there's a live FD hose right there. This is some serious shit, blowing up a house. It's like they were surprised it caught on fire. What did they expect would happen? If they missed that important point, what other items did they miss or not account for? I would have expected some mobile blast "pillows" at the very least. Maybe be even pre-soak the building and yard. I ve never been a bomb tech. I did however follow my dad around when he was VFD. He never got to mop up after a bomb squad.
    JFC.

The trucks were around the corner, out of blast range. Perhaps they should have parked them in the driveway?

There were sticks in the garage, and sticks in the shed. They had a handle on how many sticks were in the shed, but no one was going to dig through the leaky box of dynamite to individually count the sticks in the garage. They admit that they underestimated.

They dug a pit in the garage, had the robot move all the sticks to the pit, covered them with a det sheet and then water blankets to absorb some of the blast.

But feel free to second guess everything they did in your typical shit posting fashion. You're close to 25k. That must feel good.

Like I'm any different from any of the other degens posting here. Go shave your ballsac.

I ve never been a bomb tech. I did however follow my dad around when he was VFD.
    Lol

At least she doesn't have to clean out the house?
    Harsh but true

Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

FKN Utah politics. How does Sandy have so much Juice??!?!?
    First they steal the MLS stadium to get Real Salt Lake to not play in Salt Lake, now they yoinked the NHL practice facility too?!?
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/utah-nhl-...180245607.html

fkn Sandy

I kind of agree, but whatever, there are already twin rinks (albeit international rinks booo) in salt lake, and it makes sense to spread the rinks around.
    sigless.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    First they steal the MLS stadium to get Real Salt Lake to not play in Salt Lake, now they yoinked the NHL practice facility too?!?

fkn Sandy
    FWIW, the Jazz practice facility isn't open to the public. I haven't heard one way or another on the NHL facility.

FWIW, the Jazz practice facility isn't open to the public. I haven't heard one way or another on the NHL facility.
    It will be. They mention in the article that it will support youth and recreational interests as well. I’ve seen the Penguins facility in Cranberrry Woods, PA and would anticipate something similar here. It will be an asset to the community when not used by the team.

As a beer league player, I look forward to having some ice close to home in the south end of the valley!

Quote Originally Posted by ski_the_fraulein View Post
    It will be. They mention in the article that it will support youth and recreational interests as well. I’ve seen the Penguins facility in Cranberrry Woods, PA and would anticipate something similar here. It will be an asset to the community when not used by the team.

As a beer league player, I look forward to having some ice close to home in the south end of the valley!

Yes, the secondary rink will be open for use, but I still wonder how much access there will be to the primary practice rink.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post

fkn Sandy
    Just wait until the NHL and MLB teams build stadiums in Herriman lol

hope they doesn’t happen but also don’t want to see a tax to build a new “stadium park” in SLC proper for all the new sport teams

Quote Originally Posted by brutah View Post
    Just wait until the NHL and MLB teams build stadiums in Herriman lol

hope they doesn’t happen but also don’t want to see a tax to build a new “stadium park” in SLC proper for all the new sport teams
    If I were a betting man.....

MLB goes in that spot off of North Temple.
    NHL gets a new facility at The Point, (hence the practice facility in Sandy)
    The Jazz gets a renovated area and stays in the same place

If I were a betting man.....

MLB goes in that spot off of North Temple.
    NHL gets a new facility at The Point, (hence the practice facility in Sandy)
    The Jazz gets a renovated area and stays in the same place
    I thought Smith's plan was to renovate Delta for dual usage for Jazz and NHL?
    Montani Semper Liberi

Quote Originally Posted by MarsB View Post
    I thought Smith's plan was to renovate Delta for dual usage for Jazz and NHL?
    It is, but the Delta Center still won't have the capacity of the average NHL arena. I get the feeling it's just a short term solution.

It is, but the Delta Center still won't have the capacity of the average NHL arena. I get the feeling it's just a short term solution.
    I hope not. Sending it out there would suck ass. If it’s downtown I’ll probably go to 10 games a year, but if it’s out south I’d probably go once a year max. Building new stadiums and arenas out in the suburbs makes no sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by alias_rice View Post
    I hope not. Sending it out there would suck ass. If it’s downtown I’ll probably go to 10 games a year, but if it’s out south I’d probably go once a year max. Building new stadiums and arenas out in the suburbs makes no sense to me.
    The profit is in the development surrounding the arena, not in the arena itself. That's why SEG wants to build an "entertainment district" downtown. The same reason gas stations sell $8 hot dogs. The money isn't in the unleaded.

I’m really looking forward to taking the train in to a game and beers downtown and I hope they don’t fuck that up.

But it’s Utah.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    I’m really looking forward to taking the train in to a game and beers downtown and I hope they don’t fuck that up.

But it’s Utah.
    Oh it’ll get fucked up, that’s a given when we have ignoramuses who spend a whole 2 years of their life away from this place and believe they know how the world works, but, we made progress with ‘02 games and this momentum, coupled with probable ‘34 games, should help make some of this possible.

You guys think MLB is coming to SLC? It seems pretty far down the list https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...salt-lake-city

I think this says quite a bit…

Until Big League Utah was launched last year, Salt Lake City wasn't often mentioned as a possible MLB locale. Since then, because the effort has been so thorough and so many preliminary boxes have already been checked, that once you dig into the specifics, the question becomes more: Why not Salt Lake City?

"We have the fastest-growing state, the youngest state, we have a shovel-ready ballpark site with community support and we have a proven ownership group that has experience and is passionate about the sport of baseball," said Larry H. Miller Company CEO Steve Starks, who is heading up the expansion charge. "All of those factors make Utah the ideal expansion market."

Seems the Miller Group wants this as a legacy(?) for the city and given the relative short time they stood up the Big League Utah movement and nearly won the Oakland/LV team - yeah, I think it is possible. The real question will be whether the NHL coming helps or hurts. Do we have enough corporate support for season boxes for 2x41 games in fall-spring and 81 games spring-fall, plus post season if lucky?? Not sure it pencils if they rely on fan base attending ~10 games a season…