Check Out Our Shop
Page 650 of 671 FirstFirst ... 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 ... LastLast
Results 16,226 to 16,250 of 16756

Thread: Ukraine

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    Yeah, i think Ukraine is on a tough spot.

But giving it more weapons it's not going to do anything more than the first 100 billion. They are running out of soldiers.

And the 31,000 deaths that they recently announced is a ridiculous number, less then 18 a day? I don't blame them, every country in a war uses propaganda.

Sent from my moto g 5G using Tapatalk
    The first $100 billion prevented Russia from over running Ukraine and allowed Ukraine to take back significant territory. I’d say that’s a pretty massive and positive result well worth what we’ve spent. Even by your Russian propagandist math that means further support will allow Ukraine to defend its territory and take more ground.

Russia has made it clear that they aren’t done if they take Ukraine. If Ukraine were to surrender (which would only plausibly happen if the west abandoned them as you and XYZ want), Russia would conscript vast numbers of Ukrainians and take advantage of their industrial base to feed their war machine. Then it is on to the next country using swarms of conscripted Ukrainians in human wave attacks.

It's also important to point out the $100+ billion amount includes funds allocated by Congress but not necessarily spent. Of the ~$70 billion in military and related assistance spent after Russia's unprovoked invasion, about 90 percent goes to Americans. The United States sends expired shells, expiring MLRS, old scrap M113s, old 777s, old Bradleys (last built in 1991) all billed at replacement cost, not present value, and in return American workers build new stuff for American troops. The vast majority of the money remains in the U.S.A.

Apparently a post war glut of ammo led to Just In Time left us short.

https://www.npr.org/transcripts/1197958304
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    IThe vast majority of the money remains in the U.S.A.
    And that’s what this “unprovoked” war is all about.

Sure, Lenny. Now hand over the rabbit

I'll take Literary References for $1000, Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    It's also important to point out the $100+ billion amount includes funds allocated by Congress but not necessarily spent. Of the ~$70 billion in military and related assistance spent after Russia's unprovoked invasion, about 90 percent goes to Americans. The United States sends expired shells, expiring MLRS, old scrap M113s, old 777s, old Bradleys (last built in 1991) all billed at replacement cost, not present value, and in return American workers build new stuff for American troops. The vast majority of the money remains in the U.S.A.
    So that's great, Ukrainians die while us weapons manufacturers make money.

Quote Originally Posted by xyz View Post
    And that’s what this “unprovoked” war is all about.
    Yeah, Putin invaded because of money the US paid to buy weapons when Andropov was in power.

Hey Putin, why are all your trolls morons?

At least rod puts his mouth where his money is? Or was.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    I'll take Literary References for $1000, Alex.
    what is Of Mice and Men?

xyz shouldn't be handling rabbits bc he doesn't understand care for them?

Putin is a cia agent. Not only destroying the red army, also bringing wealth to the USA. WinWin

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    what is Of Mice and Men?

xyz shouldn't be handling rabbits bc he doesn't understand care for them?
    In the novel Lenny is an imbecile incapable of understanding the world. Like Rod and xyz, Lenny is a defenseless naif who cannot understand the danger posed by bad actors. I mean, a lot of this is too on the nose right out of central casting with the villain's actually saying the quiet parts out loud. The psychopathic Cheka system and the Ghost of Stalin are present in Russia today. Crazy that some people think the Western defense industry is the problem when the Kremlin is actually invoking the Soviet era military industrial complex:

Name:  GHdpc37W4AAzzZ2.jpg
Views: 507
Size:  57.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Cisco Kid View Post
    Apparently a post war glut of ammo led to Just In Time left us short.

https://www.npr.org/transcripts/1197958304
    Some general should have explained war to the politicians. The cheapest war is the one we've prepared for, such that no one wants to fight us and no one does. Necessarily that means all the ammo, warplanes, training, and generals go to waste. But then we build it all again because we still want to deter war. We also need an R+D program so we've always got the latest tech ready to enter production should we need it.

And 2 years worth of unused ammo? That's a rounding error. And there's never enough ammo in actual war. Two years should be called stockpile too small. Stockpile should be adequate to meet war demand until production can scale up.

Are you guys incapable of holding two contradicting thoughts at the same time?
    Ie

Russia is bad, a dictatorship, corrupt

Ukraine needs peace.

Even the defeated Nazi soldiers knew being taken prisoner by Russian troops was a death sentence and they would run towards the Allies. Bad is me kissing your wife. Bad is also violently raping her. See the difference?
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Cisco Kid View Post
    Even the defeated Nazi soldiers knew being taken prisoner by Russian troops was a death sentence and they would run towards the Allies. Bad is me kissing your wife. Bad is also violently raping her. See the difference?
    Your constant WWII stuff is a little irritating. I know, you grew up in the shadow of it with a father who served. You're often telling his stories, not your own.

Obviously the example above is well documented, not a hand me down story. The part you leave out is the treatment of surrendering Germans was not purely a reflection on the Soviets. It was a combined effect with part revenge for what the Germans did both when they were advancing and then retreating.

Russia is bad, a dictatorship, corrupt

Russia need get fuck out Ukraine, a constitutional liberal democratic republic, or die

Sergey Kotov promoted to submarine. Looks Ukraine inflicted enough damage to sink it twice.

https://twitter.com/wartranslated/st...003400031?s=19

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    Your constant WWII stuff is a little irritating. I know, you grew up in the shadow of it with a father who served. You're often telling his stories, not your own.

Obviously the example above is well documented, not a hand me down story. The part you leave out is the treatment of surrendering Germans was not purely a reflection on the Soviets. It was a combined effect with part revenge for what the Germans did both when they were advancing and then retreating.
    Im still convinced Cisco is 107 years old and freed sicily only to find stockpiles of coca Cola.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    So that's great, Ukrainians die while us weapons manufacturers make money.
    War is either about money or religion.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Sergey Kotov promoted to submarine. Looks Ukraine inflicted enough damage to sink it twice.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
    How the fuck is this possible. Like straight of Kerch should have a lot of radar towers on land. How can you overlook a swarm of small crafts?
    Russia is becoming a joke with nuclear weapons. NATO is humiliating them lately.

For ew, you could program the course with an autopilot so they operate autonomous as long they have a gps signal. And only take over in close quarter situation.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post

Amazing footage.

and song!
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Name:  BB1jmc6x.jpg
Views: 359
Size:  128.0 KB
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Ukraine

Before he died America’s favorite un indicted war criminal Henry Kissinger suggested Ukraine and Russia should cut a deal to end the war. I’ve always despised Henry Kissinger but he was right. Henry K had so much blood on his hands when he died but he wasn’t an idiot, peacenik or Putin stooge.

Mearsheimer was right long ago when he said that NATO’s unrelenting march eastward would have blowback. The US promised Gorbachev no NATO expansion in exchange for recognition of a reunited Germany. Since then NATO arms markets, er uh I mean ally nations, have grown considerably

Look at the Cuban Missile Crisis. Superpower doesn’t like the change of government in what was a client state next door, justifiably feels threatened by missiles and mobilizes troops for an invasion bigger than D day. Two smart leaders, both of whom had known war, find a solution that postpones WWIII. They averted oblivion through negotiation, they cut a deal. Removal of missiles from Cuba and Turkey, no WWIII.