Check Out Our Shop
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    The wordle bot is all in on "least", I've been doing "stale", "steal", "slate" and "tales" just to fuck with it. Maybe today I'll do "Tesla". "Teals" would also work.

Blue Toes and I have been playing in hard mode since we started, assuming that was the way you supposed to play. Now that I know its a thing, I still don't have it switched on, because that way I can make mistakes (like today). I'll be wearing a hair shirt soon.

And yeah, the Wordlebot is your friend. And try "alien" for a first word.
    Last edited by Mr. Multiglisse; 11-13-2022 at 09:03 PM.
    "... Enjoy yourselves, keep your brain in your head and your head firmly attached to your body, the body active and alive, and I promise you this much: I promise you this one sweet victory over our enemies, over those deskbound people with their hearts in a safe deposit box and their eyes hypnotized by desk calculators. I promise you this: you will outlive the bastards." – Edward Abbey

Support Hinterlandian backcountry skiing: wwhsta.org

I play often against the wordle bot by using Least as a start word and seeing if I can solve the puzzle as fast or faster than the bot. I've beaten it a couple times, it plays fair and I got a little lucky in my guesses.

Still recovering after the VOILA loss the other week but today's 2 helps.

"pious" is my word every day and god dammit I'm gonna nail it one of these days

You guys playing wordle?

Seems like a lot of people I know had their first word hit in the last couple weeks. Too lazy see what the word since I haven’t plaid in over a year now

I don’t play every day. My starter word is SHART. I will be bummed if that’s the actual wordle word on a day that I skip.

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Seems like a lot of people I know had their first word hit in the last couple weeks. Too lazy see what the word since I haven’t plaid in over a year now
    Man that's a coincidence since my playlist is paused on Brad Paisley

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    I play often against the wordle bot by using Least as a start word and seeing if I can solve the puzzle as fast or faster than the bot. I've beaten it a couple times, it plays fair and I got a little lucky in my guesses.
    wordlebot's preferred first word has changed a few times since "least"- it's now "plate" in hard mode

Hard mode places you into a guessing game and eliminates a lot of the strategy

Eh. I play against a group of friends. $0.25 a game. First to the lowest number of guesses takes the pot. If you are the first to three you’ll often win, but your green/yellow/black are clues that can lead opponents to 1 or 2 guess solves. If you guess somebody’s start word you’ll win until they switch it up.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Tele 'til You're Smelly View Post
    wordlebot's preferred first word has changed a few times since "least"- it's now "plate" in hard mode
    Yeah, and for a while in between it was "stale". I wonder what makes it change its mind, it seems it should be purely based on probability, i.e. math, and it shouldn't change. And yet it do.

You can look up the list of words that have already been used as Wordle solutions. If I miss a few days I sometimes check to see if my opening word was used.

Perhaps when a good starting word is a solution wordlebot changes to another good one.

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    It was RAISE. Mrs. DJSapp hit it as well as another friend. I'm closing in on the 200 day streak, but had some close calls lately.
    Wait, how can we trust this guy^^^ He's clearly not DJSapp

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Hard mode places you into a guessing game and eliminates a lot of the strategy
    No, in non-hard mode it’s too easy. I’m always trying to balance getting it in 3 or less and making sure I can win.

Sometimes the odds get you. I lost my 150 day streak this weekend with three incorrect guesses when there were four possible solutions. But that’s life.

Currently at 335 wins and no losses. My luck will run out someday - I feel a bit tense at bedtime when I start a new game

You guys playing wordle?

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    No, in non-hard mode it’s too easy. I’m always trying to balance getting it in 3 or less and making sure I can win.

Sometimes the odds get you. I lost my 150 day streak this weekend with three incorrect guesses when there were four possible solutions. But that’s life.
    No that’s just pure luck. The strategy of the non-hard mode is seeing that problem in advance and choosing a word that contains as many of the letters in question in it.

You can say that this mode is too easy - but that doesn’t change the distinction that one mode involves way more luck to win.

I guess I struggle to see what strategy you use in non-hard mode that’s more strategic than in hard mode other than using your fifth guess to eliminate multiple letters to avoid a 50/50 on your final guess. Everything else is the same you just have fewer options in hard mode. It’s not luck.

You guys playing wordle?

If you have 3 guesses left in hard mode and you know 5 possible solutions all you have left is luck.

Which is totally fine and fun if you prefer it that way - I’m not here to be a Wordle snob

If you have 3 guesses left in hard mode and you know 5 possible solutions all you have left is luck.

Which is totally fine and fun if you prefer it that way - I’m not here to be a Wordle snob
    Ha. Ok yeah. I think we weee saying the same thing past each other. lol.

I use train everyday, next is usually house. I do world and connections every morning before 6:00am
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Currently at 335 wins and no losses. My luck will run out someday - I feel a bit tense at bedtime when I start a new game
    Try rubbing one out.

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    I use train everyday, next is usually house.
    Those are mine.

And fuck streaks. Sometimes wordle restarts my streaks even when I did the previous day's right. And for that matter fuck the NYT xword streaks--you should be able to go back and do previous puzzles you missed to continue your streak.

In easy, i used to use CRANE, then MOIST…it seemed capture a bunch of options quickly
    I’ve been playing hard recently
    I have gotten blanked more than once — my brain must be hardening with age

Stare ftw

Quote Originally Posted by heckacali View Post
    Stare ftw
    I was a stare guy for a long time. Switched to slate though - I feel like it gives me better options for the second guess.