Check Out Our Shop
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    Our lawn tennis court has pretty thin soil and gets dried out in the summer so I mow in the leaves for mulch with my corded mower.

With several huDge broadleaf maples, a bordering grove of vine maple and several enormous cottonwoods, we have a ton of leaves.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

FWIW, I had a Toro 60v mower that gave a great cut. It had a full size, full weight blade. Unfortunately the bag just hung roo low for my long legs and I spent most of my time kicking it.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Our lawn tennis court has pretty thin soil and gets dried out in the summer so I mow in the leaves for mulch with my corded mower.

With several huDge broadleaf maples, a bordering grove of vine maple and several enormous cottonwoods, we have a ton of leaves.
    I always thought it would be fun to build a clay court. Never thought about grass. How does it play?

Quote Originally Posted by lowsparkco View Post
    I always thought it would be fun to build a clay court. Never thought about grass. How does it play?
    Fundamentally, our problem is that there's not enough soil, so the rocks underneath make it too lumpy. I have a roller but doing it manually every week is a bitch and last year, I let it go too much.

Before that, we did play on it and dealt with a few bad bounces, but it was fun.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by crashtestdummy View Post
    I despise the whole concept of having to mow the lawn, so I feel the Ryobi does ok. Not great, but I have low standards. I would love no lawn, but I have 3 dogs and removing a lawn is a ton of work, and then what do you put in.
    Local fb garden group has extensive posts about clover lawns. For those out west xeriscape is the thing. But in grass areas you can just plant clover. It’s nitrogen fixing and green. And cushy. Not quite as tough if you want to play kid sports. But it does handle traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Fuck gas leaf blowers!

Anticipated response from some bro that lives on 5 acres with giant trees to be contrarian.
    2 acres. Love my gas blower. Love my electric. Use it for small cleanups. But the gas is key in fall.
    Saw my neighbor struggling with a big pile yesterday. Fired up my gas and brought it over to him. He was so happy and thankful when he returned it.
    I’ve just decided to be a middle aged somewhat depressed somewhat anxious fucktard until the end.

Did he have hearing protection? What?

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Did he have hearing protection? What?
    Radio headphone muffs. Love those things.
    I’ve just decided to be a middle aged somewhat depressed somewhat anxious fucktard until the end.

Best cut I've found so far.

Toro 60V Max Super Recycler

Seems to have a decent build, cast deck, normal sized blade with accelerator, bagged pretty well. Light enough for the boy to handle.

I've tried
    Ego , felt cheap and plastic-y, but it was probably one of their first models
    Ryobi - handlebars kept going trapezoid, thin blade - shitty cut
    Toro (non recycler) cheap build, thin blade - shitty cut

Still not sure I'm going to be able to beat my brick shithouse commercial Snapper with the GXV-160, but for ease of use and lack of exhaust, I'm probably going to hang on to the Toro and sell the Snapper.

The blade on my Atlas 80V (Harbor Freight house brand) sucks but it cuts and it's only $25 to replace. It gets dinged fairly easily but the yard is all rocks and roots so not surprised or disappointed. I sharpen it, whatever. It runs for a half hour or more with both batteries going up the 20 foot rise that the property is 30 or 40 times. Mulching works great unless the grass is wet, then it gets clogged up underneath. Pain in the ass.

I got tired of fucking with lawn mowers that are of an uncertain age so I got a new Huskavarna a year or 2 ago and i never use the bag
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Touring_Sedan View Post
    Best cut I've found so far.

Toro 60V Max Super Recycler

Seems to have a decent build, cast deck, normal sized blade with accelerator, bagged pretty well. Light enough for the boy to handle.

I've tried
    Ego , felt cheap and plastic-y, but it was probably one of their first models
    Ryobi - handlebars kept going trapezoid, thin blade - shitty cut
    Toro (non recycler) cheap build, thin blade - shitty cut

Still not sure I'm going to be able to beat my brick shithouse commercial Snapper with the GXV-160, but for ease of use and lack of exhaust, I'm probably going to hang on to the Toro and sell the Snapper.

Thanks for posting this. Interesting about Toro. I was eyeing their battery powered snowblowers. And now it's a different season which calls for a different different implement. I assume it uses the same batteries? I'm not sure if it makes sense to use the same batteries summer and winter? Or have a set sitting for long periods? Sorta surprised that they didn't paint it their very identifiable red color.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    Thanks for posting this. Interesting about Toro. I was eyeing their battery powered snowblowers. And now it's a different season which calls for a different different implement. I assume it uses the same batteries? I'm not sure if it makes sense to use the same batteries summer and winter? Or have a set sitting for long periods? Sorta surprised that they didn't paint it their very identifiable red color.
    I can't speak to the Toro stuff (whether or not they use the same battery line), but I'd 100% recommend buying into one battery system. I don't love my DeWalt mower, but being able to use the batteries I already owned outweighed the slightly better reviews and pricing on other models at the time I bought it. They've got a couple of new models out now that look nice, but the one we have works well enough.

Anyhow, if they do run on the same batteries and you get a second set with the second tool, you also have a lot more runtime available. I've got a small pile of batteries primarily so I can run the string trimmer/brush cutter for longer, and they also work in the mower (plus my power drill, saw, etc).

(Edited to remove snowblower comment after looking at first page of thread)

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post

I have the single stage blower. It uses the exact same 7.5ah battery, so now I have two batteries. I keep one charging in the shed, one in the garage. They both move to the garage for the winter.

The Super Recycler series gets painted black, most of their other shit is red.

How much you want for that Hi-vac snapper?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    How much you want for that Hi-vac snapper?

I'll probably put it on Marketplace and KSL for $500 and see how it does. I stopped by Pehrsons last year for a part and the tech offered me $600 for it. Apparently they're in demand?

Any one have an experience with a battery powered pole saw for limbing tree branches? They are less expensive than gas but I’m not sure about their cutting strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Touring_Sedan View Post
    I'll probably put it on Marketplace and KSL for $500 and see how it does. I stopped by Pehrsons last year for a part and the tech offered me $600 for it. Apparently they're in demand?
    Nothing picks up leaves like they do. I didn't think they were making them anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by El Kanone View Post
    Any one have an experience with a battery powered pole saw for limbing tree branches? They are less expensive than gas but I’m not sure about their cutting strength.
    I have the Ryobi 18v. Works great. The weight of the tool does all the work. It comes with a couple of extensions.

I see that Ego now has an aluminum deck mower, too. I have one of their 21” from 2019 before they introduced a 2-blade model. It works well enough for our lawn, but I’d prefer the double blade if buying again (which I won’t bother to do).

Quote Originally Posted by El Kanone View Post
    I’ve got a Milwaukee 18v and it works great - I use it on Siberian Elms which have pretty hard wood. And I have a string weed whacker head that uses the same motor and shaft that works great too.

I’m vested in that Milwaukee eco system - shop vac, leaf blower, drill, impact driver, etc…even a boom box. No complaints other than the cost of the batteries.

Seems like this thread needs the reminder that battery adapters can be had on AMZN for $15….

Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

I got the DeWalt and it's been heavily used and abused. So far, so good after the first year. Lightweight arborist pole saws still have a place though.

Quote Originally Posted by evasive_MT View Post
    I see that Ego now has an aluminum deck mower, too. I have one of their 21” from 2019 before they introduced a 2-blade model. It works well enough for our lawn, but I’d prefer the double blade if buying again (which I won’t bother to do).
    I picked up an aluminium deck Ego a couple weeks ago and have no complaints after using a 2 stroke Snapper for years, The 10 amp battery lasts about 45 minutes with the blades on high (Turbo) and wet grass seems to have little effect on the cut or battery life. I haven't tried the bag yet because the mulching blade does such a good job of leaving no trace of clippings. This is my first Ego product and am impressed, I have all DeWalt codless tools (and could have saved some money by not needing batteries) but didn't think it was as good as the Ego and the plastic decks on other mowers didn't look like they'd hold up.
    BTW my DeWalt 60 volt string trimmer died and I'm waiting for a replacement motor, It works well but It's not a brush cutter and is happier cutting grass as it was attended to do.

I’ve got an ego blower and hedge trimmer. Both work really well and the battery has good power.
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by refried View Post
    BTW my DeWalt 60 volt string trimmer died and I'm waiting for a replacement motor, It works well but It's not a brush cutter and is happier cutting grass as it was attended to do.
    The 972?

I've been pretty happy with mine even for slightly heavier stuff but admittedly I didn't have a good point of comparison. My only real annoyance about it is how quickly it eats batteries--not a big deal at home, but occasionally using it for trail work without 120V available to run a charger is annoying.

Also, someone actually ran the first one I bought over. It still works mostly fine, except the trigger no longer springs back to off when you release it. Sometimes it feels like an improvement, but it does make exercising due care a bit more important.