Check Out Our Shop
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13
    Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    I couldnt use an intuition toungue liner in my tlt6's because of the toungue attachment right on top of my toes and the shells being low there. Wrap liner seemed to solve that

Sent from my SM-S711W using TGR Forums mobile app
    you probably got a high instep, yes its you not the boot

I bought one of the tounged liners at the intuition factory out let so after wearing them around mom's condo i realized they hurt, I took em back and got the powerewraps, intuition was like yeah no worries and being the factory I have seen them swap liners bought somewhere else
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Anyone feeling instep is tight on the ridge. Pull the liner out and put your hand in and see if there is a ridge/fold in the softer material under the tongue. Some I had did and I returned them. Skimo said with a little heat and pressure they were able to straighten it out.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    you probably got a high instep, yes its you not the boot

I bought one of the tounged liners at the intuition factory out let so after wearing them around mom's condo i realized they hurt, I took em back and got the powerewraps, intuition was like yeah no worries and being the factory I have seen them swap liners bought somewhere else
    Instep is medium low. The pain was right at the base of my toes where the tongue attaches w velcro. Heated and squished tf out of the liner in a vice. Still major pain by the time i got to the top of the illi glacier. Skied down sans tongues and bought a tour wrap. So tramatized ive never considered buying a toungue liner again. I donf think many with high insteps fit into dfits. Scarpas can be low instep(freedom/spirits) and i fit those apart from them being too wide

The ridge pro instep isnt that low. The tongue can just feel weird if it’s not in the right spot. There should be a sign on the box saying throw away liner. Put a tour wrap in there if you’re worried about height.

Now they ARE narrow in the midfoot, which is pretty sweet.

Sweet if you don't need a navicular puch in just about any boot you've ever tried on. Can anyone provide any experiences with punching a ridge? The word I got was that they need a LOT of heat and won't move very far at all

I shoved a gft in a pair and have to say they fit amazing, a little more comfortable/ less pressure around my instep than a ZGTP but the same everywhere else which is good. I think that’s my next boot. 28/28.5 fit fine but I want to try a 27.5 which is my regular size to see if I really need to go up. I couldn’t get my toes to touch the front of the boot in walk mode which was a nice change though

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Those gft's look sweet. Id probably snap a pair up if i found a deal but my hoji free's are wearing my tour wraps as it is. Id hate to sink that kind of $ into a gft and have my hoji's chew them up in a couple years. Im wondering if the ridges are going to wear on liners as well. Seems like my buddies dfit rads arent wearing his linees as much as my hojis are wearing mine. Maybe the models get progressively better at not wearing liners and the ridges have accounted for that?

I couldnt use an intuition toungue liner in my tlt6's because of the toungue attachment right on top of my toes and the shells being low there. Wrap liner seemed to solve that

Yeah I was considering that but I didn't want to throw another few hundred at a liner that may or may not have solved the issue.
    For Sale:

If you're in the Northeast and would like to borrow some Jigarex Plates I have:

Rossi/Look plates
    Salomon Warden 13 plates
    Marker Kingpin Plates

Quote Originally Posted by nyskirat View Post
    Yeah I was considering that but I didn't want to throw another few hundred at a liner that may or may not have solved the issue.
    No doubt. Its not a given that itll work. If you need a loner though tour wraps are on sale currently

Those gft's look sweet. Id probably snap a pair up if i found a deal but my hoji free's are wearing my tour wraps as it is. Id hate to sink that kind of $ into a gft and have my hoji's chew them up in a couple years. Im wondering if the ridges are going to wear on liners as well. Seems like my buddies dfit rads arent wearing his linees as much as my hojis are wearing mine. Maybe the models get progressively better at not wearing liners and the ridges have accounted for that?

I tried on Hoji’s personal Ridge boot at the Blister Summit. He skis them with a slightly modded Zipfit Corsa Liner. I don’t recall it being super chewed up like I’ve seen my friend’s intuitions in his Hoji boot. The corsa actually felt better than I thought in walk mode due to how low volume it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by concierge View Post
    I tried on Hoji’s personal Ridge boot at the Blister Summit. He skis them with a slightly modded Zipfit Corsa Liner. I don’t recall it being super chewed up like I’ve seen my friend’s intuitions in his Hoji boot. The corsa actually felt better than I thought in walk mode due to how low volume it is.

Good to know. He'll have some mileage on them no doubt but being the constant tinkerer it wouldnt surprise me if he's modded for liner protection if need be

Quote Originally Posted by concierge View Post
    Does he tour in the Corsa liners or are they just for resort/mechanized?

Good to know. He'll have some mileage on them no doubt but being the constant tinkerer it wouldnt surprise me if he's modded for liner protection if need be

The Corsa has plastic under the grippy waffle looking material. He had removed that grippy material so it was just plastic. I’ve attached a picture. I think that protects them, but just a theory idk for sure if that lines up with the internal hoji lock stuff.

He tours in them.

The main problem with zipfits in hojis boots(for me) is how large the toeboxes are, there is just way too much vertical space which I don’t enjoy skiing.
    I prefer intuitions in them because of this.

Im getting confused. Im not really up on zipfit products though. Intuitions have that much more volume? People in here seem to be saying theres not much vertical space in the ridges? Will they be that much different than hoji free's? I like toe space as long as the last isnt too wide. The heel pocket and instep buckle retention keeps my foot locked in place

I loved the narrow fit of the Vucan and Hoji Free 130. Unfortunately for my foot the Ridge is not as narrow, and the floating tongue can only take up so much space for the cavernous void. Wider feet will love it though.
    "Oh this isn't Russia Danny, is this Russia"

Quote Originally Posted by MeatHeadEC View Post
    I loved the narrow fit of the Vucan and Hoji Free 130. Unfortunately for my foot the Ridge is not as narrow, and the floating tongue can only take up so much space for the cavernous void. Wider feet will love it though.
    As a bigtime Vulcan / Mercury fanboi I would say the Vulcan/ Mercury shell had a narrow heel but the fore foot was reasonably wide and the stock Palau liners sucked dead goats
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by MeatHeadEC View Post
    Ok i was under ths impression the ridge was more similar to my hoji or vulcan than their wider offerings. I find the vulcan and hoji havs lots of space around the toes but start to narrow at the midfoot which works for me. But not as narrow as ths tlt 6 that i had to do 2-3" punch along the outside of my foot. Thats too bad if so, i was pretty set on getting a ridge. Maybe back to looking at the la sportiva again

Ok i was under ths impression the ridge was more similar to my hoji or vulcan than their wider offerings. I find the vulcan and hoji havs lots of space around the toes but start to narrow at the midfoot which works for me. But not as narrow as ths tlt 6 that i had to do 2-3" punch along the outside of my foot. Thats too bad if so, i was pretty set on getting a ridge. Maybe back to looking at the la sportiva again

The ridge is easily as narrow as the hoji, more so in the heel pocket. The ankle/navicular flaps however are more spaced out

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    The ridge is easily as narrow as the hoji, more so in the heel pocket. The ankle/navicular flaps however are more spaced out
    Ok, i was thinking previous poster was talking about the clog. Maybe Hoji has the added foam in his zipfits for the ankle. Ths zipfit description talks about being able to add additional foam around the ankle and the top of the tongue

Ok, i was thinking previous poster was talking about the clog. Maybe Hoji has the added foam in his zipfits for the ankle. Ths zipfit description talks about being able to add additional foam around the ankle and the top of the tongue

Cork*

Quote Originally Posted by Westcoaster View Post
    Cork*
    Right thanks

Cross posting from the Backland XTD thread, figure there's more experience and conversation over here:

Has anyone had luck/experience stretching this category of touring boots for length? I'm in a 27.5 Hawx Ultra XTD and the fit is spot on (only needed a teensy sixth toe punch), I just want something that walks better for spring tours. My problem with all <1300g boots is that the heel pocket is way too big, including the 27.5 Backland XTD.

So, wondering if I can size down to a 26.5 Backland and then punch for length if needed. Anyone played with this?

For reference, I am in a 26.5 Head Raptor WCR 3 with zero length work, and I've tried a Backland Carbon in 26.5 and was pretty happy with it.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TheArbez View Post
    Cross posting from the Backland XTD thread, figure there's more experience and conversation over here:

Has anyone had luck/experience stretching this category of touring boots for length? I'm in a 27.5 Hawx Ultra XTD and the fit is spot on (only needed a teensy sixth toe punch), I just want something that walks better for spring tours. My problem with all <1300g boots is that the heel pocket is way too big, including the 27.5 Backland XTD.

So, wondering if I can size down to a 26.5 Backland and then punch for length if needed. Anyone played with this?

For reference, I am in a 26.5 Head Raptor WCR 3 with zero length work, and I've tried a Backland Carbon in 26.5 and was pretty happy with it.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
    Check out some of the really helpful answers I got to a similar question 2 pages back. Short answer: avoid the carbon-infused plastic and it should punch. I ended up in the Salomon MTN Summit and love it. Haven’t had to punch it (yet?—still breaking in the liner), but found good heel hold with the strap thingy over the instep, and lots of forefoot room allows me to downsize.