Check Out Our Shop
Page 101 of 103 FirstFirst ... 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,525 of 2555
    New ( to me)Name:  20240509_094730.jpeg
Views: 391
Size:  159.4 KB

I found a brand new Vivid on PB being sold from a shop for $150 off, with MOAR SHIMZ tune. It tripped and fell into my ebike. Slapped the same damper settings on as I'm running on the one on my Nomad, and it felt fucking great first ride. I might add a click of HSC or HBO, or a couple PSI, but it feels really close as it is. I'm a big fan of this shock.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5423.JPG 
Views:	70 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	493382

I'm still confused as to where the motor is in that bike...

I'm stoked to try the new vivid on my new Altitude. Just waiting for Wednesday so the new red Zebs are available to order,

Quote Originally Posted by Andeh View Post
    I found a brand new Vivid on PB being sold from a shop for $150 off, with MOAR SHIMZ tune. It tripped and fell into my ebike. Slapped the same damper settings on as I'm running on the one on my Nomad, and it felt fucking great first ride. I might add a click of HSC or HBO, or a couple PSI, but it feels really close as it is. I'm a big fan of this shock.

Name:	IMG_5423.JPG 
Views:	70 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	493382
    Very sweet pickup. Should be an awesome fit on the Nomad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    After the first three seconds, Corbet's is really pretty average.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Malcolm View Post
    I mean, it's not your fault. They say talent skips a generation.
    But hey, I'm sure your kids will be sharp as tacks.

How are you guys uploading pics? I just get this message:

20240510_162147.jpg: Upload of file failed.

Name:	Image1715611532.411351.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	1.96 MB 
ID:	493526

Photos are working?? I’m posting from the official app.

New bike day a few weeks ago.

What have you bought/upgraded today.

Nice…new bike day! Is that a Tallboy?

I ordered a set of Hayes Dominion A4s this weekend. Some good sales on line and have not been loving my Code RSC levers with Code R calibers on my Hightower (it came with the Rs and I replaced the levers).

I also went back to 180 on the rear and kept 203 up front. Looking forward to a lighter lever and I wanted to learn to bleed my own brakes.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

New Bike Day for Mrs Roxtar

Name:	New Bike Day sm.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	493533

Pivot Switchblade 35th Anniversary Talon Edition
    Bling runs in the family

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    Nice…new bike day! Is that a Tallboy?

I ordered a set of Hayes Dominion A4s this weekend. Some good sales on line and have not been loving my Code RSC levers with Code R calibers on my Hightower (it came with the Rs and I replaced the levers).

I also went back to 180 on the rear and kept 203 up front. Looking forward to a lighter lever and I wanted to learn to bleed my own brakes.

5010 size large.

Only two rides so far and have a little bit of playing around with the suspension to do... but really like it so far. The mullet is so lively on the back end, it is taking a little getting used to after coming from a hefty aluminum 140/130 29er.

They come with Code Bronze brakes. I thought I would hate them, but I actually like them so far. Not too much hard braking in either ride though... the Hayes stuff looks really good at a nice price right now

Quote Originally Posted by ASmileyFace View Post
    5010 size large.

Only two rides so far and have a little bit of playing around with the suspension to do... but really like it so far. The mullet is so lively on the back end, it is taking a little getting used to after coming from a hefty aluminum 140/130 29er.

They come with Code Bronze brakes. I thought I would hate them, but I actually like them so far. Not too much hard braking in either ride though... the Hayes stuff looks really good at a nice price right now
    Nice! I should have noticed the Mullet. Sometimes I wish a had a 5010 and then an enduro sled instead of my Hightower…but it’s still a great bike.

Lost Co currently has the Hayes for $200 a pair instead of the normal $250 and discounts on the rotors.

"We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Quote Originally Posted by Roxtar View Post
    How are you guys uploading pics? I just get this message:

20240510_162147.jpg: Upload of file failed.
    I think your file is too big. Need to resize below 2mb or so?

Unfortunately you gotta do that on your end as the software won't just shrink it for you.

On Android I used to have a slick app that let you shrink images from the sharing menu. When you'd go to insert an image instead of choosing camera or photo gallery, you'd choose the shrinker app. It would then show you your image gallery, but when you selected an image it would ask you what size you wanted and would resize it before sharing.

It was great because it worked in any app that had image sharing/inserting and didn't require oyu to save copies anywhere. Unfortunately, I can't remember what it was called and I can't find it in a quick google (just shitty ad-supported/freemium options that are way more complicated than the app I remember).

Quote Originally Posted by singlesline View Post
    I think your file is too big. Need to resize below 2mb or so?

Unfortunately you gotta do that on your end as the software won't just shrink it for you.

On Android I used to have a slick app that let you shrink images from the sharing menu. When you'd go to insert an image instead of choosing camera or photo gallery, you'd choose the shrinker app. It would then show you your image gallery, but when you selected an image it would ask you what size you wanted and would resize it before sharing.

It was great because it worked in any app that had image sharing/inserting and didn't require oyu to save copies anywhere. Unfortunately, I can't remember what it was called and I can't find it in a quick google (just shitty ad-supported/freemium options that are way more complicated than the app I remember).
    I use an app that sounds similar called "Lit Photo."

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    Nice! I should have noticed the Mullet. Sometimes I wish a had a 5010 and then an enduro sled instead of my Hightower…but it’s still a great bike.

Lost Co currently has the Hayes for $200 a pair instead of the normal $250 and discounts on the rotors.

You have a link for that sale? My buddy has been meaning to get a set.

Quote Originally Posted by Andeh View Post
    You have a link for that sale? My buddy has been meaning to get a set.
    It’s only per end. Not front and rear.

https://thelostco.com/products/hayes...-a4-disc-brake

Bug in my ass made me buy a titanium hardtail frame.

Might run an Onyx hub for smooth slinky silent slithering attack.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20240511_143233.jpeg 
Views:	64 
Size:	106.9 KB 
ID:	493543Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20240511_143251.jpeg 
Views:	60 
Size:	49.9 KB 
ID:	493544Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20240511_143240.jpeg 
Views:	60 
Size:	63.6 KB 
ID:	493545Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20240511_143248.jpeg 
Views:	65 
Size:	51.6 KB 
ID:	493546

I will never get tired of looking at Ti hardtail frames. Damn sexy!
    Montani Semper Liberi

What have you bought/upgraded today.

Quote Originally Posted by g_man80 View Post
    It’s only per end. Not front and rear.

https://thelostco.com/products/hayes...-a4-disc-brake
    Sorry…not per pair…not sure why I typed that.

Either way…I do like the Lost Co guys if not buying local.

Installed all the SB115 upgrades I bought over the winter. Also installed a hitch receiver in my GTI so now both of our cars can carry a bike rack. Had to pull the whole bumper fascia off but I think it was worth it.

Name:	IMG_3180.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	665.2 KB 
ID:	493632

-We are one Faction wheelset with dt350 hubs
    -Time Speciale 8 pedals
    -Cut some 3m film for the downtube
    -bumped the tires up a step in grip from maxspeed Ikons to maxterra Rekons

took the bike (size xl) from 29.5lb to 28.5lb. Felt pretty dang zippy riding around the block without all that rotating weight.

I continue to question wtf was up with the build on this bike. I shouldn’t be able to shave off a full pound on a carbon XO1 build by switching to non-weight-weenie hoops while also going to a bigger tire… why did they put enduro wheels on a 115mm bike?

Because people don’t ride the way they used to, in my opinion. Everything is faster, and the hits harder.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Definitely agree with that. Geometry in particular even make xc/short travel bikes just so much more confident smashing through and into things. I’ll take modern geo bikes anytime, weight to be damned (mostly).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the question would be do XC bikes need to be built for 250 lbs riders to be able to make bad line choices on technical terrain?

If the answer is ‘yes’ then there are tradeoffs for the 160lbs rider who is making good line choices. Last year Keegan Swenson blew the doors off most people at Downieville (on rhe descending day) on a Blur with race tires when a lot of people were on bigger bikes.

My tin hat theory these days is that the industry is slowly saying “weight doesn’t matter” and also “gosh pedaling uphill is hard here is an EBike”.

Bikes with 700 gram tires, 1300 gram wheels and light builds are just a riot to ride once you get used to them. And knock on wood, I have broken zero spikes on my light wheels in 6,000 miles of riding and the rims are true.

Big bikes with heavy tires are also fun.

Quote Originally Posted by VTskibum View Post
    Definitely agree with that. Geometry in particular even make xc/short travel bikes just so much more confident smashing through and into things. I’ll take modern geo bikes anytime, weight to be damned (mostly).

Eh maybe loosen the tin foil, heavier and more capable bikes w dropper posts and 34/35mm xc forks, have been coming slowly well before the e-bike push of past 5 years.

Keegan is clearly an edge case, plenty of XC guys have won Downieville over the years, Carl Decker comes to mind. I’m 160lbs and have definitely broken my fair share of rims and spokes on <1500g wheelsets on rock and root filled trails we regularly race xc on. I still do run some 700g tires so agree there, but the alu crest or god forbid race golds BITD were terrible.

I would say your SB115 is clearly not a true xc bike, downcountry or light trail for most people would benefit from a >1500g wheelset and EXO tire casing as OEM.

The downieville "dh" course still has 1,000 feet of climbing in it. Not particularly surprising that an xc guy on an xc bike can win it.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

To be clear, this is more like a 1700g 32 spoke wheelset.

It is plenty burly for the bike and I STILL managed to shave off a pound vs the stock wheels. That’s why I think the original 2000+g set (might be 2100+) was such an odd choice on a bike with a high MSRP and otherwise nice build kit.

Maybe it was covid supply chain issues? Its not like they specced crappy WTB OEM wheels, they were a nice enough e*thirteen alloy enduro wheelset that was probably cheaper than some DT XM1700s, but in the same price range as some other <2000g options.
    Last edited by singlesline; 05-15-2024 at 08:57 AM.