Check Out Our Shop
Page 99 of 103 FirstFirst ... 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,475 of 2569
    Nice lookin bike, I like the rainbow or the blue carbon.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, flying through the air

Yeah I like the rainbow one too. I saw a speshy aethos in sort of a carbon black iridescent rainbow cloud for lack of better terms down at contender the other day. Thing looked awesome!
    sigless.

What have you bought/upgraded today.

It’s wild that Contender picked up Specialized.
    Spec. must have dropped their pants and let them buy bikes at pennies/dollar for some volume.
    Between Bicycle Center, Bingham and Hanger15 that market is fully saturated. It’s wild. The owners are savvy af, they must have just worked them over

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Last edited by joetron; 01-26-2024 at 06:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andeh View Post
    I'm a big fan of clear coats over carbon... every bike I've seen with a paint job that has looked awesome. The clear oxblood Nomad 5 and clear blue Megatower 2 looked amazing in person.
    the oxblood nomad 5 is one of the best paint colors i've seen in sooo long, just straight drool inducing grins
    Do I detect a lot of anger flowing around this place? Kind of like a pubescent volatility, some angst, a lot of I'm-sixteen-and-angry-at-my-father syndrome?

fuck that noise.

gmen.

I'm a big fan of clear coats over carbon... every bike I've seen with a paint job that has looked awesome. The clear oxblood Nomad 5 and clear blue Megatower 2 looked amazing in person.
    Actually I'm a big fan of clear coats over anything. I had what Intense called "Raw Red" on a Tracer VP a long time ago. It was a translucent red clear coat on aluminum, hot shit.

Current MTB is raw Aluminum, also looks awesome and especially, takes a beating. The more beat up and weathered it gets, the better it looks. Raw carbon is good too but prolly needs a clear coat at least.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, flying through the air

Quote Originally Posted by joetron View Post
    It’s wild that Contender picked up Specialized.
    Spec. must have dropped their pants and let them buy bikes at pennies/dollar for some volume.
    Between Bicycle Center, Bingham and Hanger15 that market is fully saturated. It’s wild. The owners are savvy af, they must have just worked them over

I think Contender may be opening a store in Ogden too, just a mile or so from Binghams.

I got tired of my HS2 rotors warping so grabbed 2 pairs of Galfer Sharks from Yurp (they were about 45% from BikeInn). They weren't perfectly true out of the box, but they seemed straighter than the HS2s I've had so far. Haven't ridden them yet, but they do feel more grabby in the stand.

Naturally on the last one I was installing, I discovered sticky pistons on that caliper so now what should have been a simple upgrade means I've got to spend an hour or so faffing with cleaning, lubing, and mobilizing them so I can get that caliper not to rub.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4913.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	1.67 MB 
ID:	484456

Name:	IMG_4914.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	1.62 MB 
ID:	484455

I got tired of my HS2 rotors warping so grabbed 2 pairs of Galfer Sharks
    Does the little black circle with the green G pop out for an ebike magnet?

Quote Originally Posted by SKIP IN7RO View Post
    Does the little black circle with the green G pop out for an ebike magnet?
    Yes, apparently. I haven't gotten one of those yet (the magnet is extra, like $3), because the photos on BikeInn's website didn't show the G or the hole there, and wasn't sure if these were an older version without the notch. I'd like to try it at some point but haven't gotten to that point yet.

Quote Originally Posted by beaterdit View Post
    Actually I'm a big fan of clear coats over anything. I had what Intense called "Raw Red" on a Tracer VP a long time ago. It was a translucent red clear coat on aluminum, hot shit.

Current MTB is raw Aluminum, also looks awesome and especially, takes a beating. The more beat up and weathered it gets, the better it looks. Raw carbon is good too but prolly needs a clear coat at least.
    My Chromag Samurai65 is double clear coat over raw. It's a decade old now and in places where the clear coat stressed and O2 has crept in the frame has developed a super cool patina..have to see if I can dig up some photos.

Yes, apparently. I haven't gotten one of those yet (the magnet is extra, like $3), because the photos on BikeInn's website didn't show the G or the hole there, and wasn't sure if these were an older version without the notch. I'd like to try it at some point but haven't gotten to that point yet.
    Thanks for the info!

Quote Originally Posted by SKIP IN7RO View Post
    Thanks for the info!
    Looking into it now, I can't find the Galfer version of the magnet (item #MG003) in the US but Magura makes one for their HDR rotors that looks identical. I've asked the local shop to get one for me and I'll try it out.

I got tired of my HS2 rotors warping so grabbed 2 pairs of Galfer Sharks from Yurp (they were about 45% from BikeInn). They weren't perfectly true out of the box, but they seemed straighter than the HS2s I've had so far. Haven't ridden them yet, but they do feel more grabby in the stand.

Naturally on the last one I was installing, I discovered sticky pistons on that caliper so now what should have been a simple upgrade means I've got to spend an hour or so faffing with cleaning, lubing, and mobilizing them so I can get that caliper not to rub.

Name:	IMG_4913.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	1.67 MB 
ID:	484456

Name:	IMG_4914.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	1.62 MB 
ID:	484455
    I've been running sharks for a season with A4s. Big fan of the combo.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    I think Contender may be opening a store in Ogden too, just a mile or so from Binghams.
    Ignore me, it's a different dealer.

new gravel/cx bike is gonna be pretty nice i guess

Name:	PXL_20240126_184415086.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	285.2 KB 
ID:	484499

too bad all that stuff just has to sit in a box upstairs for like 2 months. the group was on sale for less than i was planning to spend on force so i basically had to get it.
    Last edited by jamal; 01-26-2024 at 10:13 PM.

Name:	8f6eb597-c3ab-45ba-b531-0b8805c68504.jpg 
Views:	440 
Size:	943.5 KB 
ID:	486206

240mm dropper absolutely slammed for all the drop. Unfortunately my saddle buzzes the rear tire at full compression, so I'll have to shim down the dropper

I just picked up a YT Jeffsy Primus 24 for my son. He's 7 and getting big for his Woom Off 4 which is fully rigid, so this will be an upgrade, but come with a weight penalty so we will see how he does.

I had been considering the Woom Off Air 5 or Prevelo Zulu 4, both of which are hard tails with varying degrees of front suspension, but neither come with a dropper post and with their priced at ~$1100, adding one would put things close to the $1300 Jeffsy as it is on sale at the moment. My son has improved his riding a good deal on his little 20in bike, so I hope this bike and the extra traction/forgiveness a full suspension brings on our rocky, loose desert trails gets him even more excited for mountain biking. It will be major overkill for his ride to school, but most days I drop him off on my Ripmo, so I can't really judge.

Ignore me, it's a different dealer.
    What shop is this?

I thought I heard BE might be opening one up there?

Quote Originally Posted by joetron View Post
    I thought I heard BE might be opening one up there?

Pretty sure it’s Bountiful Bike. I’m surprised Specialized is opening another dealer a half mile from Binghams. They will also be a stones throw from Skyline Cycles. Seems pretty saturated given the state of the market.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusBrody View Post
    Sick!

Srams Eddie Van Halen brakes look interesting. Bye bye DOT!

Name:	IMG_5013.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	1,009.4 KB 
ID:	488170
    Treated myself to a Secus for my birthday. Holy shit, I did not expect it to be this noticeable. The best I can describe it as being like a Cascade link for your fork, or adding about 10-20mm of travel to the fork (without changing geometry). It's super active in the first 1/3, and loads of midstroke support. 9.5/10, would bang again (had to deduct points for it being half as expensive installed as a new fork).

Eventually, I convert my bikes from air to coil. While I am totally satisfied with my stock Lyrik fork, I just got this Push ACS3 system and 4 springs from Pinkbike. Parking lot test ride assessment: thumbs up. Stoked to get it out on the trail for a real test.

Name:	IMG_6551.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	807.7 KB 
ID:	488657

Also, Push is having a sale on HC97 dampers, so I picked one up and am waiting impatiently for it to arrive. Once installed, my bike will be fully Pushed. Fuck yeah!

Update: too stormy to ride or ski - (most tahoe resorts and I80 are closed) so i installed the damper upgrade. yay.

Name:	IMG_6564 copy.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	1.00 MB 
ID:	489106
    Last edited by parkmeister; 03-03-2024 at 01:40 PM.
    51% smartass, 49% dumbass