Check Out Our Shop
Page 1662 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1657 1658 1659 1660 1661 1662 1663 1664 1665 1666 1667 ... LastLast
Results 41,526 to 41,550 of 41810
    Seems like today's news has been a diatribe of famous people testing positive and and cancelling events. My not so famous daughter just pulled in the drive, came in wearing a mask and headed to the cabinet with the COVID tests and OTC cold and flu products. said she wasn't feeling well so she left work. Test was positive. Gave her a couple more boxes and everything we had that might help her and her room mate ride this out. Told her to call if there is ANYTHING they need ANYTIME.

I'm halfway expecting them to need help with rent working retail and now having to miss some work. However, I'm also wondering if they're just having people who are positive coming in to work masked at low wage jobs as long as they are feeling good enough to work. Not ideal, but the show must go on for folks who can't miss a week of work without getting evicted.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    How did your wife get a Covid test in April 2019?
    Oops--April 2000 is when she was sick. Yes, I'm easily confused.

^^^^Did she frequent a Wu Ham market?***

Has anyone had the new booster yet? How did the side effects compare to previous ones?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Oops--April 2000 is when she was sick. Yes, I'm easily confused.
    yes, yes you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Has anyone had the new booster yet? How did the side effects compare to previous ones?
    I got stuck on Tuesday morning. Moderna in one arm, Shingrix #1 in the other. Sore injection sites (still sensitive to touch or pressure). Fever, aches, mild headache kicked in late Tuesday and cleared Thursday. Injection site is less painful compared to prior, don't remember as much fever. Shingrix is a confounder. Headache could be due to wildfire smoke that moved in same time. So, similar side effects, maybe a bit less.
    Last edited by LongShortLong; 09-22-2023 at 02:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    I got stuck on Tuesday morning. Moderna in one arm, Shingrix #1 in the other. Sore injection sites (still sensitive to touch or pressure). Fever, aches, mild headache kicked in late Tuesday and cleared Thursday. Injection site is less painful compared to prior, don't remember as much fever. Shingrix is a confounder. So, similar side effects, maybe a bit less.
    thanks. Shingrix is notorious for bad reactions, so it is very likely a major cause for you.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    I got stuck on Tuesday morning. Moderna in one arm, Shingrix #1 in the other. Sore injection sites (still sensitive to touch or pressure). Fever, aches, mild headache kicked in late Tuesday and cleared Thursday. Injection site is less painful compared to prior, don't remember as much fever. Shingrix is a confounder. So, similar side effects, maybe a bit less.
    I got Covid booster and Shingrix #2 at same time last year. Didn’t seem to be any worse than Covid or Shingrix #1 individually

Getting Covid booster and Flu shot tomorrow. As a volunteer “supervisor” for our town’s big music festival (https://www.sistersfolkfest.org/lineup) next weekend I need my shields all the way up.

Looking at flu+covid+rsv soon. That should be fun. Fortunately I'm already autistic.

Take THAT, anti-vaxers!!!

Add Shingrex to that at become a banana slug.

Shingrix #1 fucked me up. #2 was tolerable but still 3 days of feeling shitty.

Got flu, Covid and shingrix 2 yesterday and started going downhill last night. Terrible headache and body ache with fever and chills. Ibuprofen and CBD drinks help a lot. Covid kicked my ass pre vaccine and the vaccine usually knocks me out for day and half. The shingrix is not fun and wife felt it. But I figure might as well get the pain over with both at same time. I discovered the CBD sodas during first Covid bout and those were key for headaches.

I'm due for Covid + flu, overdue for tetanus and now eligible for shingles vax...fml. My pharmacist suggested spreading out the load- get flu shot first since it's going around hot in town at the moment, then 2 weeks later get covid shot. then tetanus in Nov, shingles in Dec. Yay.

Meanwhile antivaxxing is spreading to the canine world, so get ready for a rabies epidemic.
    https://www.bu.edu/sph/news/articles...%20unnecessary.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Meanwhile antivaxxing is spreading to the canine world, so get ready for a rabies epidemic.
    https://www.bu.edu/sph/news/articles...%20unnecessary.
    Par for the course where people are pretending dogs are their children.. taking them inside stores and restaurants with them, refusing to leave them home alone when they go to work paying for doggie day care, etc.. The walk among us..

28 hours in with the booster + flu, maybe a little tired, a little headache-y, but otherwise fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    I'm due for Covid + flu, overdue for tetanus and now eligible for shingles vax...fml. My pharmacist suggested spreading out the load- get flu shot first since it's going around hot in town at the moment, then 2 weeks later get covid shot. then tetanus in Nov, shingles in Dec. Yay.
    I am not a medicist. Isn’t it early for the flu?

The daughter (13) and I had flu/2324 covid shot last evening. I feel completely normal, just sore at injection site, daughter feels like her body is heavy today but she just sprinted out of this soccer dad racing Prius over to her field so I think she is fine.

Wife already had the flu shot at her GP so she just had the covid booster, she was up at 5 am with chills, sweats, and body aches. 530 am she had nausea and threw up for a while. When we left for soccer at 9 she was still resting in bed but reported feeling mostly back to normal.

Might want to avoid my amazing spare ribs and the cheap red wine with Snoop Dogs' picture on it combo with the covid shot. I still recommend that wine. Damned good for the price.

We have tickets to 2 nights of Panic at the Milwookie Riverside Theater in October. That is a covid den, zero circulation, second hand vape smoke, and a bunch of hippies. Hopefully, this shields us.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by uglymoney; 09-24-2023 at 09:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    28 hours in with the booster + flu, maybe a little tired, a little headache-y, but otherwise fine.
    Happy for your lack of nasty reaction
    Got my Covid + flu yesterday morning
    Within six hours my killer t-cells recognized the threats and mounted a spirited, ass kicking response. Prior reactions didn’t come for 16 hrs and were way more mild

Got a doc appointment Wednesday and will try to get flu and COVID updates while there. Got tickets to go see Chicago Thursday night. Hope I'm not making a mistake to get boosted Wednesday. None of the previous ones, including Shingrex, have put me totally down before though..

Got a doc appointment Wednesday and will try to get flu and COVID updates while there. Got tickets to go see Chicago Thursday night. Hope I'm not making a mistake to get boosted Wednesday. None of the previous ones, including Shingrex, have put me totally down before though..

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    The daughter (13) and I had flu/2324 covid shot last evening. I feel completely normal, just sore at injection site, daughter feels like her body is heavy today but she just sprinted out of this soccer dad racing Prius over to her field so I think she is fine.

Wife already had the flu shot at her GP so she just had the covid booster, she was up at 5 am with chills, sweats, and body aches. 530 am she had nausea and threw up for a while. When we left for soccer at 9 she was still resting in bed but reported feeling mostly back to normal.

Might want to avoid my amazing spare ribs and the cheap red wine with Snoop Dogs' picture on it combo with the covid shot. I still recommend that wine. Damned good for the price.

We have tickets to 2 nights of Panic at the Milwookie Riverside Theater in October. That is a covid den, zero circulation, second hand vape smoke, and a bunch of hippies. Hopefully, this shields us.

Panic indoors? Having only seen them at Red Rocks, that's hard for me to fathom.

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Panic indoors? Having only seen them at Red Rocks, that's hard for me to fathom.
    Yep. It is an experience I keep wanting to relive for as long as it keeps happening and my lungs can hold up to the atmospheric recirc. Now that everyone is vaping instead of smoking their flowers it has become a little less crazy hazy. I've seen them on clear air at Red Rocks as well.

We canceled on a couple shows at Milwaukee and Chicago because of covid but back to all in this year.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Yep. It is an experience I keep wanting to relive for as long as it keeps happening and my lungs can hold up to the atmospheric recirc. Now that everyone is vaping instead of smoking their flowers it has become a little less crazy hazy. I've seen them on clear air at Red Rocks as well.

We canceled on a couple shows at Milwaukee and Chicago because of covid but back to all in this year.

I used to hit the Milwookie shows every year pre covid. Great hook up for the vip balcony. Some of the best panic I’ve seen has been in that building. It is crazy stale tho. You can chew the air by the second set!

Just haven’t figured it would be a great idea since when I’m back there I’m usually visiting my elderly mom . But…this time I might catch panic on the tail end of my visit. Might see ya in the covid soup for the last night, UM.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Now my manager wants the team to go in to the office Wednesday with a team meeting booked. 20-30 people packed in to a medium conference room for an hour and a half. COVID STEW FTW! Then off to the doctor's office, then concert Thursday night. Tripling down on my chances of getting it again FTW!!!

Ya I can sit there with a mask on... the only one with a mask on. Folks not going the extra mile to show team comradery (reluctant to go to the office for events like this) are getting passed over for promotions.