Check Out Our Shop
Page 269 of 269 FirstFirst ... 264 265 266 267 268 269
Results 6,701 to 6,716 of 6716

Thread: Ikon Pass

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Consider blowing off Ikon for an airfare to Yurp or Japan. Lodging and lift tickets are cheap in the alps.

Fuck Alterra.
    Sounds like a great idea. A couple week trip away from home and before and after I can utilize the morning and evening touring routes at the Alterra resort at my doorstep.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Can’t ve haff both?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    That's what I'm going for...

I'm disenchanted with the mega resort experience for now. Going to ski Wolfie, Monarch and the partners this year. Copper eliminating the A lot and the shit show demographic of assholes to elbows has done it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by whipski View Post
    I'm disenchanted with the mega resort experience for now. Going to ski Wolfie, Monarch and the partners this year. Copper eliminating the A lot and the shit show demographic of assholes to elbows has done it for me.
    I have only skied Copper once and that was pre Ikon but I plan on a return visit this coming season. What does "Eliminating the A lot" mean? Is there now less parking than in the past? I recall parking and then taking a short free shuttle bus ride to the skiing.

Quote Originally Posted by whipski View Post
    I have only skied Copper once and that was pre Ikon but I plan on a return visit this coming season. What does "Eliminating the A lot" mean? Is there now less parking than in the past? I recall parking and then taking a short free shuttle bus ride to the skiing.

A Lot was the option that skipped the bus and and the Village. Personally, I have live here and not have a pass to WP and the upcharge to IKON is worth it. On balance, WP is a pretty good employer and the Alterra improvement have been welcome and the place generally have enough good vibes to keep me around.

I'm sure if i lived in Summit or Grand County and was able to use public transport I might feel different but just the sheer # of skiers/boarders per acre and the logistics of parking and being herded like cattle just isn't getting it for me. I'm also a weekday powder snob and when the resort is skied out, (and Copper an WP get ripped pretty quick these days), I like to skin with the pups and skip the crowds. The A-lot was a locals gem 150 spaces at the bull wheel that was free and I could drop to the car for lunch and chuck the ball for the pups, or grill and party. Nothing lasts forever and I had a good run. Same story when I was in the Roaring Fork.

Nothing lasts forever and we are all replaceable. Aside from the absolute scarcity of mid winter lift served pow, that experience still exists a majority of the season at The Jane.

You know the boomers are passing the J around, playing ChuckIt and blasting Europe 72 in the C Lot right now.

Ikon’s had minimal effect on the RFV.
    I think the skiings the best it’s ever been. Wasn’t a bump to be found on the Face, closing day.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    We're trying, dammit!!

Name:  aspen-days1.jpg
Views: 516
Size:  19.0 KB

I think the skiings the best it’s ever been. Wasn’t a bump to be found on the Face, closing day.
    Before Ikon, Aspen was the least crowded of any major US resort. Sounds like it still is.

Before Ikon, Aspen was the least crowded of any major US resort. Sounds like it still is.

It's all relative. Parking at the A-frame at Highlands and 1A lot at Aspen are radically different than the experience today. Without a doubt being 5 hrs to the nearest Metro makes for great skiing in the Aspen resorts. I miss the terrain as well. After divorce I couldn't afford to buy back in without having to work the rest of my life. So there's that.

It's all relative. Parking at the A-frame at Highlands and 1A lot at Aspen are radically different than the experience today. Without a doubt being 5 hrs to the nearest Metro makes for great skiing in the Aspen resorts. I miss the terrain as well. After divorce I couldn't afford to buy back in without having to work the rest of my life. So there's that.

Ikon has impacted the parking at Highlands. It fills up faster and used to be free after noon.
    1A was impacted by City Council removing the diagonal spaces on South Aspen, when they approved
    Lift One Lodge in 2013 and gave them 30ft of the ROW.

Neither hill has nearly the peak skier days of the 80’s, while improving lift capacity and increasing terrain.
    Lift lines are rare and for the most part, easily avoided.

Aspen Mountain could be fucked when they pull out 1A for two years, to build Gorsuch Haus, in 2027.

Hopefully they run Bell Chair, which is still the best chair in the state/NA/World.

I renewed my Ikon back in April. Does anyone know if I can still get a discounted pass for my kid (12)?