Check Out Our Shop
Page 48 of 49 FirstFirst ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 1225
    A bit annoying, certainly, like many confident self promoting people. Early on she was mentored by the Queen of Extreme. She's got more moxie than many posters here. Many of you wish you could mountaineer and ski as well as her. Keep bringing it Caroline!
    Last edited by oldskibum; 04-18-2024 at 09:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheK12 View Post
    I'm not even white or old... so much for what you know or what Fast Fred knows. But go ahead and keep making assumptions and see how far that gets you.
    Way to miss the point. But sure, keep voting against your interests.

“How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    All of this arguing is moot. She’s a D. We are in Utah. You can play whatever game you’d like but it’s a 100% waste of time and money to vote for her or send her money.

She
    Will
    Not
    Win

It’s that easy. End of story.

I will not vote for her for a variety of reasons. None of which matter. See above.
    Pretty sure everyone said Trump wouldn't win.
    So who do you vote for? Some momo that wants to keep Utardia in the 18th century?

What an odd comparison.
    And I truly do not know at this juncture.

I think she addresses a lot of issues in that interview that could possibly gain her the support of independents or moderate Republicans. But climate change isn't one of them. That's falling on deaf ears.

I will not vote for her for a variety of reasons. None of which matter. See above.
    So if you won't vote D in UT, you're content voting R (or not voting)? Hope you're happy with King Diaper Don Jr. in 30 years.

Just another tax and spend dem.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudimatt7 View Post
    Just another tax and spend dem.
    Ya because trickle down economics has worked so well

Sent from my SM-S711W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Ya because trickle down economics has worked so well

Sent from my SM-S711W using TGR Forums mobile app
    I lived through the Ronny raygun trickle down. The economy boomed much like the drumpf boom before Covid.
    Trickle down is a joke.
    But. When the average ‘merican thinks the economy is good the economy gets gooder. They buy cars and teevees and other shit which employes other normal working folks
    I’ve just decided to be a middle aged somewhat depressed somewhat anxious fucktard until the end.

Quote Originally Posted by mildbill. View Post
    So if you won't vote D in UT, you're content voting R (or not voting)? Hope you're happy with King Diaper Don Jr. in 30 years.
    Why do you fucking care? You don’t live here. It’s actually none of anyone’s business.
    I’m not voting for Caroline. Period.

Why all the Caroline Gleich hate?

Why do you fucking care? You don’t live here. It’s actually none of anyone’s business.
    I’m not voting for Caroline. Period.
    I don’t really give a shit but senators in other states still have a very significant impact for other states. This has been more true than ever over the past several years. Arizona for example.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    I don’t really give a shit but senators in other states still have a very significant impact for other states. This has been more true than ever over the past several years. Arizona for example.
    This

There’s no way an average Utahan looks at her and is ok with her yelling about climate change while traveling the world skiing nonstop. Climate hypocrisy is a non starter for many.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    There’s no way an average Utahan looks at her and is ok with her yelling about climate change while traveling the world skiing nonstop. Climate hypocrisy is a non starter for many.
    I have Caroline blocked on socials, so I don't know how much she travels TBH. But people who think you can't travel much and still advocate about climate change are small minded black and white thinkers. Hopefully she can stoop down and reach these people.

We can’t vote for any politician if we use travel as a metric.

As skiers none of you should be taking your ski vacations if you’re bagging on her because of her travel. That’s just taking stupid to the next level.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Not to mention, by posting your voting preferences publicly you're inviting people to comment on them.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

IDK. While it is fairly important to vote, who a person votes for, or why he/she votes for that person, is over-rated. Personally, more often than not I am casting a "protest" vote, rather than voting for someone who I think can actually be effective.That is sad, but unfortunately true. For the most part, I think this dual party system is archaic, and needs to change. Too bad Kennedy is such a nutcase. Until such time that the government can agree on a bipartisan level, nothing will ever get done. We are stuck in a preverbal tug-o-war which no one wins. But, you guys know that.
    Caroline seems to be genuine, and I give her a lot more credit than I originally thought I would. She is speaking out on important issues, but they may not be issues that enough people really care about to elect her. Right now, more and more young people are eligible to vote everyday. There is a huge generation gap between the electorate and a great number of voters. The time will come when people are going to open their windows and scream, "where tired as hell, and we're not going to take it anymore". That time is approaching, but with the two geriatrics running for POTUS, who knows when that time will come.
    My point is that IMHO people should not care too much about politics, or who and why people vote a certain way. It spinning wheels.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    We can’t vote for any politician if we use travel as a metric.

As skiers none of you should be taking your ski vacations if you’re bagging on her because of her travel. That’s just taking stupid to the next level.

Correct. But it’s her optics to the general voting base of Utah. They see her as a spoiled entitled white girl who is screaming at everyone about their life choices while flying around the world skiing and climbing.

Correct. But it’s her optics to the general voting base of Utah. They see her as a spoiled entitled white girl who is screaming at everyone about their life choices while flying around the world skiing and climbing.
    So, who seems better than her? The opposition candidate? Open question - anyone can respond.

Substitute person for girl, isn’t that most everyone in Utah?

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Substitute person for girl, isn’t that most everyone in Utah?

Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    I lived through the Ronny raygun trickle down. The economy boomed much like the drumpf boom before Covid.
    Trickle down is a joke.
    But. When the average ‘merican thinks the economy is good the economy gets gooder. They buy cars and teevees and other shit which employes other normal working folks
    Then the crack high wears off and you wake up in the gutter without your clothes off and wondering WTF just happened as the ballers roll by in their luxury vehicle on the way to the FBO to fly private to Swisserland.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

“We’re a really warm, welcoming, and inclusive place…
    What makes a state fundamentally “inclusive”?

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Not to mention, by posting your voting preferences publicly you're inviting people to comment on them.
    I’ve got a very personal reason for not voting for this hypocrite. But honestly I don’t give a shit what everyone has to say, have at it.
    It doesn’t change my mind or my vote though. No matter how you play it in your heads.
    But please continue, by all means.