Check Out Our Shop
Page 46 of 49 FirstFirst ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 1225
    Quote Originally Posted by NBABUCKS1 View Post
    It's fine.

it's a tiktok thing, not targeted to boomers that post on tgr.
    This.

She might be a little geeky and a touch unsophisticated, but AFAIK she’s got to be better than her opposition.

i just think it is a bad ad. that is all.
    swing your fucking sword.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    This.

She might be a little geeky and a touch unsophisticated, but AFAIK she’s got to be better than her opposition.
    For sure.

That ad is way less cringe than most of the 'of course I am...' clips, which are just kinda hard to watch stupid fun vids for kids.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

Not much to get worked up about, imho. There are much, much worse political ads out there.
    Montani Semper Liberi

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    Really? From where I’m sitting the messaging was pretty clear.

Establishes that the ad is for a younger demographic, establishes that she is an ‘outsider’ which is one of the main points of her campaign, addresses UT air quality and women’s health access which are both winning points with the intended demographic, and then asks for money.

If you don’t have anything to say beyond you don’t like the commercial, the line about something you don’t like but can’t put your finger on it was written for you, regardless of the fact that she is 10+ years your senior.

Why all the Caroline Gleich hate?

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthop View Post
    Really? From where I’m sitting the messaging was pretty clear.

Establishes that the ad is for a younger demographic, establishes that she is an ‘outsider’ which is one of the main points of her campaign, addresses UT air quality and women’s health access which are both winning points with the intended demographic, and then asks for money.

If you don’t have anything to say beyond you don’t like the commercial, the line about something you don’t like but can’t put your finger on it was written for you, regardless of the fact that she is 10+ years your senior.
    Okay. Since it means so much to you, I now like the ad and think it is good.

I think the video also establishes that she is a woman running for senate which I wasn’t clear on so I’m glad she set the record straight on that.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    For sure.

That ad is way less cringe than most of the 'of course I am...' clips, which are just kinda hard to watch stupid fun vids for kids.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
    Well, her delivery was better than Britt of Alabama. So, she's got that going for her.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

I don't know why she even bothers with X. Nobody in her target demographic still uses that dumpster fire of a platform.

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    How will this affect your vote?

I thought the ad was fine. It really feels like the entire point of the ad is that some people won't like her because she's a woman. Some of you in this thread consistently prove her right. :shrug:
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

^^^ I can’t speak for others but the ad is just awkward and that has nothing to do with her being a woman.

10/10 would bang.

Fact.

"Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    ^^^ I can’t speak for others but the ad is just awkward and that has nothing to do with her being a woman.
    This.
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    10/10 would bang.

Fact.

But more this.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    10/10 would bang.

Fact.

trash post.

how about we try not to minimize someone in the skiing community to whether you'd bang them or not. it's gross.

Would you say this shit to her face?

I won't vote for her. I don't think that she has ever held any political, or public office? What about business in the private sector? Does she have any experience, other than skiing? I think that if she really has a platform/agenda, she could get a lot more accomplished by climbing the ladder, at least a little. Maybe run for council person, or some other local position, instead of swinging for the fences her first time at bat. Having said that Harry's post is ok, and I'd bet that there are at least a few mags out there who would say that to her at a bar, or maggot safety stop with beers flowing, smokeables being passing and standing around a stoked fire pit.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Do you realize this thread is filled with those types of protestations? It's a bit old.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

fair points on her experience to be in politics. I'd argue there's a lot of people who have zero qualifications to be in politics but *gesture around* here we are.

well i guess so long as we are fucked up on something it's cool to say those things to young women in the skiing community. rad place, i'm sure lots of women feel safe and comfortable around that.

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    I won't vote for her.
    Kind of depends on who else is running. But my impression of most other Ootah politicians has me thinking I go in on her.

Why all the Caroline Gleich hate?

The creeper vibe from old men in here is, creepy
    Bucks is correct
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by NBABUCKS1 View Post
    fair points on her experience to be in politics. I'd argue there's a lot of people who have zero qualifications to be in politics but *gesture around* here we are.

well i guess so long as we are fucked up on something it's cool to say those things to young women in the skiing community. rad place, i'm sure lots of women feel safe and comfortable around that.
    actual zero experience in politics or business is kinda rare? the earlier mocked Britt worked for the Senator including COS and held politically networked positions elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    Maybe run for council person, or some other local position, instead of swinging for the fences her first time at bat.
    The national Democratic machine selected her as the most suitable candidate. They are backing her financially and fundraising using her image across the country. Its not like she got up one morning and made the decision by herself, prominent Democrat organizations are supporting her.

Looking at the candidates list, there isn't a legitimate Dem challenger for her. On the GOP side, I hope Curtis gets the nomination because he is **relatively** moderate and has a track record of getting things done while he was Provo mayor.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2024_U...ection_in_Utah

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    actual zero experience in politics or business is kinda rare? the earlier mocked Britt worked for the Senator including COS and held politically networked positions elsewhere.
    Still would rather have her represent me than anyone else on the ticket.

I'll continue my strategy of voting for the least insane republican in the primary (registered repub in closed utah primaries) and vote dem in the general.

I know Gleich has a long history of lobbying congress on environmental issues and has been involved in Utah politics for a long time. I'd rather have a smart person who I agree with on issues than some idiot who's held office for years on the back of shitty opinions and lobbyists.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    I know Gleich has a long history of lobbying congress on environmental issues and has been involved in Utah politics for a long time. I'd rather have a smart person who I agree with on issues than some idiot who's held office for years on the back of shitty opinions and lobbyists.
    Isn’t someone who lobby’s Congress a lobbyist?

She's more charming as a politician than as a skier. Lower bar. I expect politicians to be phony and talk at me like I'm an idiot.

I hope she wins.