Check Out Our Shop
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Micro-dosing?

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    I’ve tried a bunch of different cultivated cubensis strains lately and nothing compares to the cyanescens that I foraged. Everyone that I’ve shared them with says the same. I’m not sure what the difference is. Maybe it’s less chitin mass for the given dose, they’re really potent in small amounts.
    Cyanescens are well known to have higher psilocybin content than almost any other Psilocybe species. Even within the same species there can be a lot of variation. You could have hit an especially potent patch.

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    How well do homemade capsules keep? I have some that are a few years old and I'm guessing I should throw them out? Bummer.
    Always store in the freezer. If they've been stored at room temp in a cool dry place they'll have lost some potency but should have some punch left.
    Last edited by Dantheman; 05-13-2024 at 08:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Cyanescens are well known to have higher psilocybin content than almost any other Psilocybe species. Even within the same species there can be a lot of variation. You could have hit an especially potent patch.

Always store in the freezer. If they've been stored at room temp in a cool dry place they'll have lost some potency but should have some punch left.
    They've been in a beer fridge in the shop, seeled in a mason jar. Only one way to find out!

Sent from my SM-S928U1 using Tapatalk
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

One of the craziest days of my life started out when my friend Tom and I went over to Scott's house to get some weed. Scott said, "Hey I've had these hits of windowpane in my fridge forever, they probably don't even work, you want 'em?"

Baahaaahaa, I loved that stuff as a teenager. Once had to take two hits to not get busted by the school vp for selling it. Was I fucked up
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Baahaaahaa, I loved that stuff as a teenager. Once had to take two hits to not get busted by the school vp for selling it. Was I fucked up
    I broke a kid’s nose at the lunch table in high school one time after taking 5 hits. He was bleeding everywhere and the principle came over and yelled at him and took him to the office because he knew the kid was an asshole. His twin older brothers kicked my ass in the parking lot after school the next day. At least I wasn't trippin then i guess.

But microdosing is the topic here fellas.

You mean we aren't talking about getting really fucked up on shrooms ?

A buddy of mine gave me a handful and said eat these, I had a great time it was the correct dose for a 170lb guy while she at 120lb ate the same amount and got really fucked up

Then she locked herself in the room of an old house which had one of those old doorknobs that suddenly malfunctioned and she freaked
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I think dose amount depends a lot more on brain chemistry than weight. Serotonin treats everyone differently for sure.

sure but so far we have 5 pages of getting fucked up

https://psychedelictips.com/microdosing-mushrooms/

this is a pretty good blurb on Microdosing and they don't say anything about weight

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    If I could just drive over to the microdose store and pick some up I'd try it.
    When you get to the store ask for these.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2216.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	1.44 MB 
ID:	493625

White chocolate?

wtf. That ain’t chocolate. Don’t even try. It ain’t chocolate.
    I’ve just decided to be a middle aged somewhat depressed somewhat anxious fucktard until the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    I think it's something like a 12 square bar is 10mg? I took one square and was real happy skiing with my friends. I didn't feel great the next day however. Jokes aside, I gotta do a bit more research.
    Similar to CBD, i personally get exactly ZERO noticeable benefit from microdosing. My happy spot is 1 to 1.5grams of golden teachers. Enough to get me nice an high for a few hours, mild visuals and euphoria along with a different thought perspective for about an hour while i peak, and i can still be productive and function in society. Its an ideal dose (for me) for outdoor activities that arent intense, and i can just take my time (yardwork, hiking, fishing, driving mellow forest roads, etc). More than that dose and i can get sick to my stomach, and the high/effects are just too intense for my liking. I also suffer from immediate tolerance build up where i have to nearly double the dosage the second day to feel any effects, so i just stick to once every few months.

Most of the chocolate bars have dosage recommendations on the back of the packaging. One square for Micro, three for macro, 5 to the moon!

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Most of the chocolate bars have dosage recommendations on the back of the packaging. One square for Micro, three for macro, 5 to the moon!
    1g is NOT a micro dose (incase someone decides to try taking 1g and go to work).

This quick guide covers some basics... see the dosing table halfway down the webpage: https://www.leafly.com/learn/psyched...dose-mushrooms

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    When you get to the store ask for these.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2216.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	1.44 MB 
ID:	493625
    A friend had a bar of this a couple of weeks ago. Packaging said 1-5squares was a microdose, so I ate five.

It was more than a microdose - turns out it was 1gram
    But still a quite pleasant day of skiing

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    1g is NOT a micro dose (incase someone decides to try taking 1g and go to work).

This quick guide covers some basics... see the dosing table halfway down the webpage: https://www.leafly.com/learn/psyched...dose-mushrooms
    I guess they are different. I havent had many of the chocolates since i started growing my own. Im usually between a micro and a macro somewhere.

Been trying lemon tek when i want to eat some at night after work but not have it affect my sleep. You get a shorter, more intense trip with a cleaner finish.

Just steep the shrooms in lemon juice for 20 mins then mix with tea. Works pretty well. Lime juice works too.

I tried a week of 100mg capsules every other day and didn’t notice a thing. Then I tried 200mg capsules for a week and still nothing. I got 1000mg left and thinking of just taking them all at once. Used to trip a lot in my younger days, maybe my tolerance is higher than normal people. Based on my calculations I need to take 3500mg to match the dose I used to take in college.

What is Microdosing?

Microdosing involves taking very small doses of a psychedelic substance, typically one-tenth to one-fifth of a recreational dose.

In the case of microdosing shrooms, this means taking a very small amount of psilocybin, the psychoactive compound found in magic mushrooms.

The goal of microdosing is to experience the benefits of the psychedelic substance, without the intense and often overwhelming effects of a full dose.

While recreational doses of psychedelic substances can cause hallucinations, altered thinking, and intense emotional experiences, microdosing is designed to be a more subtle and controlled experience.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    What is Microdosing?

Microdosing involves taking very small doses of a psychedelic substance, typically one-tenth to one-fifth of a recreational dose.

In the case of microdosing shrooms, this means taking a very small amount of psilocybin, the psychoactive compound found in magic mushrooms.

The goal of microdosing is to experience the benefits of the psychedelic substance, without the intense and often overwhelming effects of a full dose.

While recreational doses of psychedelic substances can cause hallucinations, altered thinking, and intense emotional experiences, microdosing is designed to be a more subtle and controlled experience.
    Yeah I don't think micro dosing is my thing. Macro is the only way to go!

Someone should start a macrodosing thread. XXX?

"trip report" thread, jong

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

I tried microdosing acid with the help of a long-time but very low-profile mag who got me all set up. Pretty much the only thing I got was hungry for more. The moment when it first hits your bloodstream is just the same, and you're like, "Here we go!" but with microdosing, for me at least, it stopped right there, right at just barely noticeable. I didn't get much out of it and tailed off using it before I even ran out of supplies.

I think ever buddy on TGR just wants to get fucked up

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    I think ever buddy on TGR just wants to get fucked up
    I think most are just so normally fucked up that they don't know what threads we already have.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Microdosing does zilch for me.
    Almost seems like a waste.
    Gimme a 1/3 gram and I’m a bit happy and feel light and pleasant.
    Gimme a gram for a big long smile, an hour of thoughts on another level and a general buzz for 3-4 hours. Take that over a 6pack all day every day.

2 grams is my happy place. But I only roll with the fungus once, maybe twice a year.

Macro ftw.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague