Check Out Our Shop
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14
    Quote Originally Posted by bthomson22 View Post
    Technically a little less - as it would be the height of a braked pair without the brakes locked. From ski topsheet to top of locked brakes = 25mm. For non-brake versions the topsheet to stomp is 7mm. If the ATK pad is 15mm, this is square in the middle.
    Yup. Sorry. Was thinking about it ass backwards. It would be the same height as the brakes pad while skiing. Which is useless info…

what i get in terms of downhill feel though is worth it in my opinion...not too much flat-mode wide open traversing here in the Alps anyway and i always toured on Beasts before the mtn. It's either masochism or just fate that i'll never enjoy flat modes for too long i guess

Quote Originally Posted by tilioforeign View Post
    what i get in terms of downhill feel though is worth it in my opinion...not too much flat-mode wide open traversing here in the Alps anyway and i always toured on Beasts before the mtn. It's either masochism or just fate that i'll never enjoy flat modes for too long i guess
    Fair. Plenty of long flat approaches here in the Canadian West.I do use the flat mode a lot. I’ll give it a try with some uhmw and see.

I did the same thing with a pivot AFD. It feels good. Good for up and great for down. Can we call that Enduro skiing?

it only feels weird the first 2-3 times you step into it before skiing down. You find yourself stomping harder since it feels like you're not fully engaged with the heelpiece pins.

Quote Originally Posted by tilioforeign View Post
    it only feels weird the first 2-3 times you step into it before skiing down. You find yourself stomping harder since it feels like you're not fully engaged with the heelpiece pins.
    Does the sole of your boot touch the spacer when you're in the pins? When I measured the to the top of the brakes it was right around 15mm, and I believe the lowest the spacer goes is 15mm. Curious if there is constant touching or only when the ski is flexed.

Tried to read through but the search sucks - is there a generally accepted fix for the floppy risers? Loctite? Replacing the riser axle in some way? Mine are to the point where they engage every several steps, driving me nuts!

Isn't there a big recall on this binding? I thought i saw something recently.
    For sure i saw a leaked pic of a new shift that supposedly makes them stronger at the toe and brake and lighter overall

Sent from my SM-A536W using TGR Forums mobile app

I think the recall is on just this year, or maybe last year's version? Mine are like 4 years old. I could be wrong though

Ok good to know

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Ok good to know

https://www.salomon.com/en-gb/product-recall

select models only

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Backward_Banana View Post
    Tried to read through but the search sucks - is there a generally accepted fix for the floppy risers? Loctite? Replacing the riser axle in some way? Mine are to the point where they engage every several steps, driving me nuts!
    I've had success with green Vibratite. Squirt some around the pin on which the risers rotate and let it cure. The risers will be extremely hard to move after that, but if you cycle them a few dozen times they loosen up enough to move but stay tight enough so they're not flopping around.

Right on, I'll give that a try, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by bthomson22 View Post
    Does the sole of your boot touch the spacer when you're in the pins? When I measured the to the top of the brakes it was right around 15mm, and I believe the lowest the spacer goes is 15mm. Curious if there is constant touching or only when the ski is flexed.
    when you're in the pins it's touching albeit very lightly. It should be light enough that when you simulate releases on the bench the AFD should slide laterally when engaged but still be able to slide back into place without too much friction/pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Ok good to know

it was on a select number of batches strictily from this year or last year max. Majority of issues was on the newer version with DIN heels.

Does anyone have beta on the mounting pattern of the newer RV-adjustable heel piece version? I have a vague feeling that it might be the same as the og model, but can't find the source again.

Skimo.co says it’s the same hole pattern

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Anybody know the screw length for the toe / heel pieces when using Binding Freedom inserts with these?

Salomon Mtn tech "Pin" binding

Quote Originally Posted by Sklimber View Post
    Anybody know the screw length for the toe / heel pieces when using Binding Freedom inserts with these?
    Email BF/QK, both are very friendly and will set you straight on length of fasteners for any binding

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Last edited by BeHuWe; 04-29-2024 at 01:23 PM.

If you were using QK you could order the exact right fastener from their website, specific to the binding model. It looks like BF is more of a DIY, and they give you the specs, then you go find the fastener elsewhere on their website: https://www.bindingfreedom.com/salomon/

It's 10mm length x 9 mm head width flat heads. Useful chart on their website here:

https://www.bindingfreedom.com/screw-lengths/

Edit: same link as stinky climber basically. I wanted to know the specific size because I order from Tognar which has the same screws but they have a random assortment of stuff I need so less shipping.