Check Out Our Shop
Page 220 of 258 FirstFirst ... 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 ... LastLast
Results 5,476 to 5,500 of 6428
    Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Lol. Literally the exact same thing on those exact pedals happened to me the day before I left for France a few weeks ago.

I'm assuming the little pin that holds the bar and spring worked it's way out? You can just tap them back in with a punch. Dump some loctite on the pin and they seem to stay put pretty good.
    Thanks for the tip, just inspected again and it’s just bent. A first for me with these pedals but only been on them for a couple years. Never meant the old round bar ones in 20ish years though.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

Anyone have anything they'd like to rant about?

The problem with round bars was that they would wear thin and eventually split.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    That’s a humblebrag if I’ve ever seen one. And congrats to you on Mrs. Roxtar winning the award.
    Nothing humble about it. That was pure brag
    Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    After the first three seconds, Corbet's is really pretty average.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Malcolm View Post
    I mean, it's not your fault. They say talent skips a generation.
    But hey, I'm sure your kids will be sharp as tacks.

Anyone have anything they'd like to rant about?

My dumbass had a sketchy crash today at the bike park. Came out of the woods not realizing how windy it was and got blown off the trail on a jump. Lucky to walk away with nothing more than scrapes and bruises.

The funny part? There was a goddamn windsock next to the jump and we talked about it on the lift

Oh as an update butte finally did pay me my prize money the other day.

I feel like if you're a hiker/runner on multi-use singletrack you should wear the appropriate headphones/have your music at the appropriate volume to be able to hear a biker behind you screaming "excuse me" louder and louder after he's been stuck behind you for several minutes. I always slow way down and give people on foot ample space and time to pull off when/where they're comfortable and thank them profusely since they're so quick to snap at bikers simply for existing, but it's gotta go a little bit both ways sometimes...
    Quote Originally Posted by other grskier View Post
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

Quote Originally Posted by jamal View Post
    Oh as an update butte finally did pay me my prize money the other day.
    you probably really needed that money to buy dope or something no wonder your were pissd
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Oh yeah, definitely.

Just lamenting the fact that I don't live in Canada, where they get new trails *and* good trail names.
    localy the govy guy/ girl just walks around in the bush with the association rep for a day pointing at stuff and the gov gives us $$$$$$

Localy a lot of the trails were named after songs on an AC-DC record

Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
    I feel like if you're a hiker/runner on multi-use singletrack you should wear the appropriate headphones/have your music at the appropriate volume to be able to hear a biker behind you screaming "excuse me" louder and louder after he's been stuck behind you for several minutes. I always slow way down and give people on foot ample space and time to pull off when/where they're comfortable and thank them profusely since they're so quick to snap at bikers simply for existing, but it's gotta go a little bit both ways sometimes...
    Heh. I think I complained about this *exact* thing earlier this season. She even said, "I don't even have the volume very loud." They probably were noise-cancelling buds, 'cause I was fuckin' HOLLERING at her.

When they finally realize you're there and let you by, I usually ask them if they heard the rattlesnake buzzing right next to the trail. There wasn't one of course, but they don't know that.

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    When they finally realize you're there and let you by, I usually ask them if they heard the rattlesnake buzzing right next to the trail. There wasn't one of course, but they don't know that.
    Ooh - kinda like the good ol' "There's a ranger coming up the trail behind me" for the off-leash dog crowd. I like it...

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Ooh - kinda like the good ol' "There's a ranger coming up the trail behind me" for the off-leash dog crowd. I like it...
    Does that actually work? I think I’d probably just say “ok,” and then carry on as normal. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a ranger on a trail outside of a national park.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Does that actually work? I think I’d probably just say “ok,” and then carry on as normal. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a ranger on a trail outside of a national park.
    Our county parks are fairly regularly patrolled. And they, from my understanding, will immediately write up a ticket for an off-leash dog, regardless of the whining, reasoning, excuses provided.

So, in my limited experience, on our local trails - yep, it works. People usually thank me as they are leashing up.

Heh. I think I complained about this *exact* thing earlier this season. She even said, "I don't even have the volume very loud." They probably were noise-cancelling buds, 'cause I was fuckin' HOLLERING at her.
    And then you go around them and they act all startled and tell you to announce yourself. Im on a loud ass bike and screaming at you what else can I do, start throwing rocks at the back of your head?
    Quote Originally Posted by other grskier View Post
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

Our county parks are fairly regularly patrolled. And they, from my understanding, will immediately write up a ticket for an off-leash dog, regardless of the whining, reasoning, excuses provided.

So, in my limited experience, on our local trails - yep, it works. People usually thank me as they are leashing up.
    Ah. Yeah no where I go is patrolled. Even though there are some signs that say otherwise. But, I’ve always wondered, what if you don’t have ID? How do they write a ticket?

And then you go around them and they act all startled and tell you to announce yourself. Im on a loud ass bike and screaming at you what else can I do, start throwing rocks at the back of your head?
    A number of years back I had the time to slow down, take my glove off, and give a piercing one-handed whistle. That hiker was PISSED and I gave exactly zero fucks, as I had hollered a half dozen times to get the fuck out of the way.

What else can I do, start throwing rocks at the back of your head?
    i like this idea. Maybe a spud gun mounted to the front.

Dude, you are a lower, one celled life form, being on a bike and all.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

I had one of them ding-ding bells on the Camino de Santiago but those catholics were all so deep in their religious ponderings that the only sure fire way to warn them was throwing in a skid to scare the fuck out of them, I had to do this hundreds of times
    Last edited by XXX-er; 09-15-2023 at 01:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Ah. Yeah no where I go is patrolled. Even though there are some signs that say otherwise. But, I’ve always wondered, what if you don’t have ID? How do they write a ticket?
    In the past off leash dog was about the only thing that would get you a ticket for in our City parks so the warning often worked. Our parks are loaded with poison oak so I'll also point that out if the dog is running around in the stuff. Now that surron e-motos are everywhere, they have been getting tickets too when the rangers can catch them.

If you get busted and don't have ID I imagine it would go the same as if you did have ID - be respectful to the ranger you'll probably just get a warning. Arguing or mouthing off will probably get you a ticket. And possibly a call to police.

The ranger I work with busted a surron rider who has been making a mess building jumps and riding off trail. Rider was an asshole, refused to give ID and cussed the ranger out. City rangers aren't allowed to chase so he just called police. Kid got away. But the City brought in a special enforcement team to try and catch the kid since he's a regular offender.

That happens to me on the trail almost every. fucking. day. It blows my mind that people are that inconsiderate. The runners and hikers that I encounter are always angry as fuck when they finally realize that there was someone behind them for the last half mile and god forbid I suggest they try exercising with only one earbud in. Maybe if they did, they could hear the Cambodian taxi bell ringing imitation I was attempting.

Shitty shop techs.

I’ll preface by saying I’m not the most mechanically inclined person around a bike (working on changing that) but earlier this year when a local shop put together my GFs Stumpy Evo I instantly knew something was up with the brakes. I’d been running the same Code RS brakes for the prior two seasons and the lever pull was at least twice as long. I brought it up to them and they said that was par for the course for those brakes, which I knew was bullshit but couldn’t intelligently repudiate at the time.

Late this summer been delving a bit more into bike maintenance and found a good video on youtube about how to properly lube and align pistons/calipers. Followed it today and the brakes are better than even my old ones ever were. This is really simple shit and highlights what a hack job they did when setting up a $6000 bike. Fucking pathetic.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

6000 doesn't buy much bike these days.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

I was eavesdropping on the recreational pissing contest between the boomer transplants next to us at the bar last night in Durango.

"We were just biking in Santa Fe, talk about mud season! A ride that should have been 2 hrs took 5! So much mud that our wheels wouldn't even spin through the frame!!!"

Then the conversation turned to snowbooting, an exciting new sport where you hike on specially groomed trails in the San Juans. Since the trails are groomed you don't need to own any expensive snowshoes or ski equipment.

"If you leave the trail you will do something known as postholeing..."

WTF does this have to do with biking I wonder?

"...I've seen people riding fat tire bikes on the groomed trails too, have you ever done that?"

Bingo!

"No, but people ride fat bikes on the groomed trails outside of Dolores"

"Where's that?"

And so on and so forth...

Quote Originally Posted by chicken feathers View Post
    I was eavesdropping on the recreational pissing contest between the boomer transplants next to us at the bar last night in Durango.

"We were just biking in Santa Fe, talk about mud season! A ride that should have been 2 hrs took 5! So much mud that our wheels wouldn't even spin through the frame!!!"

Then the conversation turned to snowbooting, an exciting new sport where you hike on specially groomed trails in the San Juans. Since the trails are groomed you don't need to own any expensive snowshoes or ski equipment.

"If you leave the trail you will do something known as postholeing..."

WTF does this have to do with biking I wonder?

"...I've seen people riding fat tire bikes on the groomed trails too, have you ever done that?"

Bingo!

"No, but people ride fat bikes on the groomed trails outside of Dolores"

"Where's that?"

And so on and so forth...
    Welcome to the jaded locals club.