Check Out Our Shop
Page 258 of 258 FirstFirst ... 253 254 255 256 257 258
Results 6,426 to 6,438 of 6438
    I'm 99% sure this has been covered but this site is so fucking slow I will not search.

Fucking Giant D-fuse seat post system!!!!

I bought a Giant Revolt gravel bike from my riding buddies widow, very nice, very light and she needed the $$$. But that fucking seat post has me ready to take a sledge hammer to the bike frame. I have used Fiber Grip and torqued the Allen bolt repeatedly to spec and the damn thing will not stay put for 15 minutes.

https://www.reddit.com/r/BikeMechani...ard_sucks_ass/

I did get another seat post with the purchase, time to try that. If that doesn't work I am going to sell the fucker and be done with it.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    I'm 99% sure this has been covered but this site is so fucking slow I will not search.

Fucking Giant D-fuse seat post system!!!!

I bought a Giant Revolt gravel bike from my riding buddies widow, very nice, very light and she needed the $$$. But that fucking seat post has me ready to take a sledge hammer to the bike frame. I have used Fiber Grip and torqued the Allen bolt repeatedly to spec and the damn thing will not stay put for 15 minutes.

https://www.reddit.com/r/BikeMechani...ard_sucks_ass/

I did get another seat post with the purchase, time to try that. If that doesn't work I am going to sell the fucker and be done with it.
    I assume fiber grip is the carbon assembly paste ? Measure the post with calipers if you got a set to make sure the post is to spec and try the different post
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Nope, don't have the calipers.

What is really weird is my buddy was in the area of 235 lbs, I clock in at 195. He never had slip issues with the seatpost that is currently in the seat tube. I pulled the post, took off the saddle and installed on the new post. But just try and find a tube of Carbon Paste in what is suppose to be a small bicycle oriented city.

The local REI was nice enough to give me a dab of CP for the last attempt but I used it up. Just placed an online order w/Jenson, should be here Tuesday.

On the same note, was in one of the better though of shops yesterday, not only did they not have CP, they didn't have any Tire sealant in stock except for Slime.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Nope, don't have the calipers.

The local REI was nice enough to give me a dab of CP for the last attempt but I used it up. Just placed an online order w/Jenson, should be here Tuesday.

On the same note, was in one of the better though of shops yesterday, not only did they not have CP, they didn't have any Tire sealant in stock except for Slime.
    yeah i had trouble finding carbon paste, the LBS was gona give me a dab but I eventualy got some to fill out an order enough for the free shipping and I use it for lots of assembly besides carbon parts

I got the cheap calipers I don't really use them very often but they were cheap at princess auto which is the canadian version of harbour freight

Anyone have anything they'd like to rant about?

I bought a used Giant Revolt frame online and it didn't come with a seat post. It's the previous generation Revolt and only takes D-Fuse post. The new models take both a D-fuse and traditional 30.9. I didn't want to shell out $125 for a D-Fuse post when I have tons of high end round carbon posts in my garage. Luckily I was able to pull a D-Fuse off of a newer bike in my work fleet and replace it with a traditional 30.9 seat post.

Make sure you have the D-Fuse wedge in the bike, there is a round one for traditional 30.9 and a flatter curved one for the D-Fuse post.
    In order for that clap to be effective it needs to have grease (Red arrows) on both wedge faces and on the bolt threads (red spiral), and fiber grip on the wedge (blue), the post, and the frame inner surface. The grease helps the wedges slide on each other and put proper pressure on the post.
    It's not the best design, but all of the wedges that I have pulled out and lubed the wedges and bolt, and fiber gripped the post have been trouble free for my clients. Don't be afraid to go a little higher than the stated 6nm on the tighten, maybe up to 8nm.

Name:  150000057.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  101.5 KB

Do you need a D post? I have extras.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

^^^ Thanks. I pulled out the other post. No idea why he was using the one on the bike as the spare is a much nicer post with a much better rail clamp system. I ordered a big bottle to Orange seal, some CP and a new pair of shorts from Jenson. Be here Tuesday.

It was good to be able to rant and get it out of my system.

Geeze, had the first crazy hiker of the season encounter today. Saw this older lady from a hundred yards away and rolled up behind her at walking pace.
    Politely asked her 3 times over 90 secs if I could please please pass. Nada. So my son yells at her 'Hey Lady, can we pass' Still nothing, so I hop off my bike and speed walk around her.
    When I'm right beside her she finally notices me and pops out her earbuds and starts yelling at me that me and my 'big bike' scared her... . Totally freaking out. I ask her what she wants me to do, I've been behind her yelling at her for the last 2 minutes to get by, and she tell me that she 'just had a close friend die and I don't know what other people are going thru'.
    WTF? I was really trying to be a considerate human being and courteous cyclist..
    Last edited by sfotex; Yesterday at 06:21 PM.
    When life gives you haters, make haterade.

Quote Originally Posted by sfotex View Post
    <snip> and she tell me that she 'just had a close friend die and I don't know what other people are going thru'.
    I wonder what having a close friend die has to do with her own lack of awareness... goddam humans.

I'm your dead friends ghost and I specifically came here to scare you...biatch!

I had my first about a month ago. 3 greybeards hiking in a pod in the direction I was headed, and I saw them 100 yards ahead so slowed down. I had a Timberbell open, so they heard me, and two turned and stepped aside. The 3rd kept walking, because he’s a hiker and has the right-of-way. He damn well wasn’t going to move for me until he glanced over his shoulder and recognized me. And I had already figured out he who was. He’s one of our louder voices on the need for trail etiquette RULES. Then he stopped and greeted me, but I’m certain he wouldn’t have if he didn’t know me.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    I'm your dead friends ghost and I specifically came here to scare you...biatch!
    Lol yaaaasss..

yeah fucking Americans eh

you absolutely do not want to bike the Camino cuz you will have to pass literaly 100's of hikers each day all lost in thot & music so when you ride by it freaks them out,

ringing a bell does not work, the best way is to hit the brakes about 30 away which scares the fuck out of them so you can ride by in safety for the both of you