Check Out Our Shop
Page 669 of 669 FirstFirst ... 664 665 666 667 668 669
Results 16,701 to 16,717 of 16717
    Quote Originally Posted by stalefish3169 View Post
    Read the writing on the wall, Jong. Five years ago there weren't household names going down from the USA to invest in fucking El Salvador.

Maybe not in your household

https://data.worldbank.org/indicator...995&view=chart
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1716981598.597861.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	295.3 KB 
ID:	494288

Does that graph mean El Salvador stopped taking/borrrowing so much money from IMF/worldbank sources? I remember something about them complaining about strong-arming and bitcoin being a way out from under that stranglehold...sorry I don't have the details at hand but it's an interesting topic. I guess most people in this thread are cheering for El Salvador to fail though.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Read the writing on the wall, Jong. Five years ago there weren't grifters going down from the USA to scam fucking El Salvador.

And for VT, lots of new mining coming online in El Salvador, and now Keyna, will be done using geothermal.
    FIFY.

I stick by my statement.

Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    Bwahahah!!!

That’s way worse than nada.

Art-fucking-Laffer?

And weren’t we just taking about how Wood has the worst record of any fund in the past decade?

Sounds like El Salvador is going to be in a world of hurt.
    Perhaps El Salvador is aiming for a *successful* trickle-down?

Quote Originally Posted by shera View Post
    Does that graph mean El Salvador stopped taking/borrrowing so much money from IMF/worldbank sources? I remember something about them complaining about strong-arming and bitcoin being a way out from under that stranglehold...sorry I don't have the details at hand but it's an interesting topic.
    He said no one was investing in El Salvador until BTC saved them. I pointed out that historically speaking, that’s not true.

The idea that borrowing from the IMF is somehow worse than getting into bed for even more money with a bunch of crypto bros is kinda laughable. The world bank refused to help with El Salvador’s crypto implementation efforts given “environmental and transparency drawbacks”. Having to be accountable for the money is not something these people want, so they take the shady route instead and then bitch about the institutions that were actually trying to improve their situation.

Quote Originally Posted by shera View Post
    I guess most people in this thread are cheering for El Salvador to fail though.
    Fuck off with this stupid bullshit.

JFC we don’t need more dipshits backing themselves into corners and then crying “oh you just want poor people in foreign countries to suffer” when they don’t have anything better to defend their position with. Be better.

Especially when the king dipshit claims they’re a woke geography savant but can’t respect the countries enough to spell their name correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    He said no one was investing in El Salvador until BTC saved them. I pointed out that historically speaking, that’s not true.

The idea that borrowing from the IMF is somehow worse than getting into bed for even more money with a bunch of crypto bros is kinda laughable. The world bank refused to help with El Salvador’s crypto implementation efforts given “environmental and transparency drawbacks”. Having to be accountable for the money is not something these people want, so they take the shady route instead and then bitch about the institutions that were actually trying to improve their situation.

This thread is arguably the most NIMBY "Fuck you, I got mine" on the entire forum.

Secondly, the IMF is a predatory organization. If that's not obvious to you by now, you might be living in a bubble at the top of an ivory tower.

https://www.theinvestorspodcast.com/...-john-perkins/

This thread is arguably the most NIMBY "Fuck you, I got mine" on the entire forum.

Secondly, the IMF is a predatory organization. If that's not obvious to you by now, you might be living in a bubble at the top of an ivory tower.

That’s rich, coming from an actual NIMBY.

It’s not ‘I got mine’, it’s ‘don’t scam others into giving you theirs’.

Was that a nice dopamine hit for you? Okfine, the comment was uncalled for on my part. But some of you people are always engaging in these dehumanizing tactics, see above. It's a slippery slope.

I agree that some of the people surrounding bitcoin can be much more shady, historically. Max Keiser gives me the creeps. But it's changing somewhat it seems. Biden accepting bitcoin donations is interesting. But in my mind the greed level is the same across all these groups, there is no higher ground. But bitcoin is a tech, like a hammer, people can use it to build houses or whack somebody in the head. ymmv
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Sorry, who’s dehumanizing who?

Oh yeah, Perkins…

Sebastian Mallaby, economics columnist of the Washington Post, reacted sharply to Perkins' book: describing him as "a conspiracy theorist, a vainglorious peddler of nonsense, and yet his book, Confessions of an Economic Hit Man, is a runaway bestseller." Mallaby, a member of the Council on Foreign Relations, holds that Perkins' conception of international finance is "largely a dream" and that his "basic contentions are flat wrong." As an example, Mallaby states that Indonesia reduced its infant mortality and illiteracy rates by two-thirds after economists persuaded its leaders to borrow money in 1970.

Boston Magazine noted that Perkins can provide little documentation to support his claims of international intrigue, describing a largely unconvincing "flimsy package of materials." A number of Perkins' former colleagues disagreed with his perspective on the company and contradicted specific claims he made; Frank Fullerton, one of his supervisors, stated that Perkins left Chas T. Main because he "thought he was worth more than he was."

In a 2006 statement, American State Department stated that much of the book "appears to be a total fabrication... the National Security Agency is a cryptological (codemaking and codebreaking) organization, not an economic organization... Neither of [its] missions involves anything remotely resembling placing economists at private companies in order to increase the debt of foreign countries."

Oh yeah, Perkins…

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sebastian_Mallaby
    Sebastian Mallaby, economics columnist of the Washington Post, reacted sharply to Perkins' book: describing him as "a conspiracy theorist, a vainglorious peddler of nonsense, and yet his book, Confessions of an Economic Hit Man, is a runaway bestseller." Mallaby, a member of the Council on Foreign Relations, holds that Perkins' conception of international finance is "largely a dream" and that his "basic contentions are flat wrong." As an example, Mallaby states that Indonesia reduced its infant mortality and illiteracy rates by two-thirds after economists persuaded its leaders to borrow money in 1970.

Boston Magazine noted that Perkins can provide little documentation to support his claims of international intrigue, describing a largely unconvincing "flimsy package of materials." A number of Perkins' former colleagues disagreed with his perspective on the company and contradicted specific claims he made; Frank Fullerton, one of his supervisors, stated that Perkins left Chas T. Main because he "thought he was worth more than he was."

In a 2006 statement, American State Department stated that much of the book "appears to be a total fabrication... the National Security Agency is a cryptological (codemaking and codebreaking) organization, not an economic organization... Neither of [its] missions involves anything remotely resembling placing economists at private companies in order to increase the debt of foreign countries."

I'm shocked that the cabal is upset at a whistleblower. Shocked!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_P...20holds%20that
    Basically his story is true.… What John's book says is, there was a conspiracy to put all these countries on the hook, and that happened. Whether or not it was some sinister plot or not is up to interpretation, but many of these countries are still over the barrel and have never been able to repay the loans.

After five years of extensive research and in-person interviews, Mallaby's book The Man Who Knew: The Life and Times of Alan Greenspan was published in October 2016. A biography of former Fed Chair Alan Greenspan, The Man Who Knew was praised by Mervyn King, former Governor of the Bank of England, as "A fascinating and balanced study of arguably the most important figure of the post-war global financial scene."[13] It won the 2016 Financial Times and McKinsey Business Book of the Year Award.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...-class/605878/

I'm shocked that the cabal is upset at a whistleblower. Shocked!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_P...20holds%20that
    Basically his story is true.… What John's book says is, there was a conspiracy to put all these countries on the hook, and that happened. Whether or not it was some sinister plot or not is up to interpretation, but many of these countries are still over the barrel and have never been able to repay the loans.

After five years of extensive research and in-person interviews, Mallaby's book The Man Who Knew: The Life and Times of Alan Greenspan was published in October 2016. A biography of former Fed Chair Alan Greenspan, The Man Who Knew was praised by Mervyn King, former Governor of the Bank of England, as "A fascinating and balanced study of arguably the most important figure of the post-war global financial scene."[13] It won the 2016 Financial Times and McKinsey Business Book of the Year Award.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...-class/605878/
    Man he was really playing the long game, saying Perkins was a moron in 2006 all to get a book award from McKinsey a decade later.

Meanwhile, your first quote basically says his whole premise is unproven, so congrats on that.

But yeah, it’s all a big conspiracy. Thank god the noble crypto capitalists will bring some honor, dignity, and trustworthiness back to El Salvador

LMAO

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-...-nayib-bukele/

President Biden Announces Presidential Delegation to the Republic of El Salvador to Attend the Inauguration of His Excellency Nayib Bukele

President Joseph R. Biden, Jr. today announced the designation of a Presidential Delegation to attend the Inauguration of His Excellency Nayib Bukele on June 1, 2024, in San Salvador, El Salvador.

The Honorable Alejandro N. Mayorkas, Secretary of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, will lead the delegation.

Members of the Presidential Delegation:

The Honorable William H. Duncan, United States Ambassador to the Republic of El Salvador

The Honorable Marisa Lago, Under Secretary of Commerce for International Trade, U.S. Department of Commerce

The Honorable Brian A. Nichols, Assistant Secretary of State for Western Hemisphere Affairs, U.S. Department of State

The Honorable Julieta Valls Noyes, Assistant Secretary of State for Population, Refugees, and Migration, U.S. Department of State

The Honorable Daniel P. Erikson, Special Assistant to the President and Senior Director for the Western Hemisphere, National Security Council, The White House

LMAO

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-...-nayib-bukele/

President Biden Announces Presidential Delegation to the Republic of El Salvador to Attend the Inauguration of His Excellency Nayib Bukele

President Joseph R. Biden, Jr. today announced the designation of a Presidential Delegation to attend the Inauguration of His Excellency Nayib Bukele on June 1, 2024, in San Salvador, El Salvador.

The Honorable Alejandro N. Mayorkas, Secretary of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, will lead the delegation.

Members of the Presidential Delegation:

The Honorable William H. Duncan, United States Ambassador to the Republic of El Salvador

The Honorable Marisa Lago, Under Secretary of Commerce for International Trade, U.S. Department of Commerce

The Honorable Brian A. Nichols, Assistant Secretary of State for Western Hemisphere Affairs, U.S. Department of State

The Honorable Julieta Valls Noyes, Assistant Secretary of State for Population, Refugees, and Migration, U.S. Department of State

The Honorable Daniel P. Erikson, Special Assistant to the President and Senior Director for the Western Hemisphere, National Security Council, The White House

Lol. LMAO!

The White House announces they’re doing run of the mill White House things:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/?s=Presid...egation+to+the

Name:  Screenshot 2024-05-31 161513.png
Views: 57
Size:  674.9 KB

Bro, you just vetoed the shit they passed with a bipartisan majority.

BTC resilient

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk