Check Out Our Shop
Page 46 of 79 FirstFirst ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 1954

Thread: SLC Eats

Quote Originally Posted by jtran10 View Post
    My fav taco truck is the one in the sportman's warehouse parking lot on 7200 S near I 15
    Is that new? Don't recall seeing that one before. The one nearby behind the 3 Alarm Saloon on State is solid. Taco trucks haven't been the same since COVID without unfettered access to the condiment cooler.

apologize for poaching the SLC thread...Park City news. Anaya's Market is trying to make a come back. They're going or did submit their application with the Planning Commission. The planned location is behind the Sinclair at the 80/40 junction. Best affordable GOOD food when they were in PC near El Chubasco. Highly recommended for carbo/protein replenishment apres skiing or bike rides. Hope to see the green light for their permit.

https://www.parkrecord.com/news/summ...-in-park-city/

My fav taco truck is the one in the sportman's warehouse parking lot on 7200 S near I 15
    See If I can find an excuse to head down that way next week.

Quote Originally Posted by CG_#3 View Post
    apologize for poaching the SLC thread...Park City news. Anaya's Market is trying to make a come back. They're going or did submit their application with the Planning Commission. The planned location is behind the Sinclair at the 80/40 junction. Best affordable GOOD food when they were in PC near El Chubasco. Highly recommended for carbo/protein replenishment apres skiing or bike rides. Hope to see the green light for their permit.

https://www.parkrecord.com/news/summ...-in-park-city/
    Oh please let this happen. Also:

"The building that housed Anaya’s Market, a Hispanic grocery store and a favorite lunch spot in Bonanza Park, is one of the first properties planned to be leveled to pave the way for Park City’s proposed arts and culture district."

Oh, the irony. Replacing a place that had actual culture with gentrified yuppie BS "culture."

lol^ Anayas is legit. Sad to see it move from there, but the new location sounds quite good for Weber river outings
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Is that new? Don't recall seeing that one before. The one nearby behind the 3 Alarm Saloon on State is solid. Taco trucks haven't been the same since COVID without unfettered access to the condiment cooler.
    No, been there for at least 5 years. It's run by the same people as the 3 alarm saloon truck I believe, but I've never actually tried that location.

You can see it here: https://www.google.com/maps/@40.6206...7i16384!8i8192

If you cross the road on street view though (going east) it isn't there though so I'm no sure what's up! Haven't driven by it in a few months.

No, been there for at least 5 years. It's run by the same people as the 3 alarm saloon truck I believe, but I've never actually tried that location.

You can see it here: https://www.google.com/maps/@40.6206...7i16384!8i8192

If you cross the road on street view though (going east) it isn't there though so I'm no sure what's up! Haven't driven by it in a few months.
    Was just there half hour ago. Did my own version of a sampler. Cabeza (head), Carnitas, Asada, and Al Pastor; they did not have lengua (tongue) nor barbacoa. My surprise favorite was the carnitas. Al Pastor was good too. Then I had an obligatory Jarritos to go with the tacos.

Thanks for the recco! I enjoyed it. Would go again.

Saigon Sandwich sometimes has it as one of their rotating weekend specials. Keep an eye on their social mediaz. It's good, though I haven't tried other places to compare. Speaking of Saigon weekend specials, the Mi Quang is a must-try, especially if eating in. It's still good as takeout but definitely best fresh from the kitchen.
    I’ll have to check it out. Thanks.

Olympus burger in Sandy on 7th east wins the Greek chicken salad contest

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

"The building that housed Anaya’s Market, a Hispanic grocery store and a favorite lunch spot in Bonanza Park, is one of the first properties planned to be leveled to pave the way for Park City’s proposed arts and culture district."

Oh, the irony. Replacing a place that had actual culture with gentrified yuppie BS "culture."
    The arts and culture district is a fucking boondoggle. Why they pushed the Kimball Art Center out of old town and then went off on this quest to push a number of decent, useful businesses out of the one place in town with affordable rent is beyond me.

I hope we get the replacement Anaya's out in Silver Creek. How are their locations in the Salt Lake valley?

I hit up Fillings and Emulsions today. It was delicious. No photographs were taken.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Classic rich privileged PC bullshit. Anaya’s has more soul than all the restaurants and crappy art places on Main Street combined. I really hope they’re able to stay in business. Great place for tacos and mexican carniceria after biking.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

One More Noodle House. Wow.

Thanks all. Great rec.

Dan Dan Noodles were amazing. Amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    One More Noodle House. Wow.

Thanks all. Great rec.

Dan Dan Noodles were amazing. Amazing.

Ahh fuck yeah! Can't tell you how stoked I am that you enjoyed One More. Good people and great food. Next time get a dessert from Meet Fresh next door.

Big Tortas delivered for us this weekend. Sorry to keep repping their shit, they just rock.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Man every time you post about big torta's I wish they were there when I lived right around the corner. It was some crappy korean bbq place in that building then if I remember right.

Fond, and many not so fond, memories of that hood.

Big Tortas on tap. I think tomorrow is Red Lotus cause my kid likes it as a local place for him, then Mortys the next night, then Big Tortas.

Got a good run going.

It's Mi Quang weekend at Saigon, get some.

Annnnnd boom, we've got doggy training in draper and were wondering where to get dinner on the way back.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Been to Makanmakan yet?

Have not, I'll put that on the list too, we'll be headed down for more trainings, so another dinner down there soon is in the cards.

Annnnd sold out before I could get there

Quote Originally Posted by dfinn View Post
    Been to Makanmakan yet?
    that place is bomb

hmm what about greek city grill?

not pretentious (its fast food) but i think they have one of the best gyros in town. and fries are awesome too.

I haven’t been to a restaurant since last March, but here’s a story that took me by surprise. Today I was on the Summit lift at Solitude with a young lady from Santa Barbara. She couldn’t stop raving about SLC food. She said that She is amazed by the great food choices here. Variety, quality, value and price is all outstanding. She loves the vibe of SLC.
    Sounds like we could have another Cali transplant soon.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Did you tell her it's much better in colorado? Deeper snow too I heard...

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

SLC Eats

Bewilder Brewing is worth a stop. The couple beers I tried were both good and possibly the best pretzel I’ve ever had. Nice heated patio, cool old building.