Check Out Our Shop
Page 79 of 79 FirstFirst ... 74 75 76 77 78 79
Results 1,951 to 1,954 of 1954

Thread: SLC Eats

have not been to Japan, Koyote, or Hana yet. Went with jtran, its so....different than what i am used to for ramen, in the best way possible.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

ichizu review -

highlights:

- amazing tare, great pork, perfect noodles
    - awesome karage (both of us preferred it to Koyote's)
    - great yuzu sorbet (not pictured)
    - Japanese toilet
    - nice selection of local kombucha and soda

lowlights:

- $20 for a bowl of ramen w/egg. great ramen, but Koyote is cheaper and just as good. Koyote also has a much broader menu (their mapo tofu alone makes it worthwhile to go there)
    - no beer
    - no napkins, only Kleenex

----

great joint, we're glad we went, Koyote is still the unambiguous winner

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    ichizu review -

highlights:

- amazing tare, great pork, perfect noodles
    - awesome karage (both of us preferred it to Koyote's)
    - great yuzu sorbet (not pictured)
    - Japanese toilet
    - nice selection of local kombucha and soda

lowlights:

- $20 for a bowl of ramen w/egg. great ramen, but Koyote is cheaper and just as good. Koyote also has a much broader menu (their mapo tofu alone makes it worthwhile to go there)
    - no beer
    - no napkins, only Kleenex

----

great joint, we're glad we went, Koyote is still the unambiguous winner

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk
    Beer coming in...July I think we heard?
    Maybe real napkins too.

Hana has a pretty built out full service menu so I'd imagine that ichizu will get there once they are not soft open only. I saw on insta that they had a chef work his first dinner shift there last night, so still staffing up, training, etc.

Koyote's space is certainly awesome, and the mapo tofu is great. They'll have to figure out something to do about the sun during the evening with those big glass windows, if it's kinda bad now just wait a month.

The prices I think are kind of whatever IMO. Yea, it sucks to pay $20 (18 w/o egg), but I'd rather eat ramen less and pay 20 for it to be good vs. eat it more often and eat tosh's or that chain place's junk ramen for 13-15 or whatever it costs now.

Alternatively, just book a $1500 flight to japan and you can get 3 bowls as good or better a day for 1000 yen

Just went to Hana as we were in PC for the afternoon. Maybe an off day, but one server and lots of things were out. One friends chicken katsu curry was room temp at best and while comparing tonkatsu to shoyu is not the same, it was underwhelming at best. The two pieces of takoyaki I had had one small piece of octopus total.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"