Check Out Our Shop
Page 814 of 823 FirstFirst ... 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 ... LastLast
Results 20,326 to 20,350 of 20565
    Don't worry it'll get cooler....and then warm er on saturday....I wouldn't rule out 30 degrees in favoured spots. ON APRIL 7TH.... Jesus this climate change is getting out of hand.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

pretty shit right now over this way.
    High winds, tropical temps, no refreeze last night, lifts shut. Mash potato snow.
    so much for corn harvesting.
    Had plenty of obst schnapps und weissbier as a consolation

Sent from my SM-G780G using TGR Forums mobile app
    i dont kare i carnt spell or youse punktuation properlee, im on a skiing forum

Yeah, I got up high today and it was pretty poor indeed. Gonna take quite a bit of snow to heal up but as next Sat looks to be 27c, I don’t see it coming. Oh well, I’m looking forward to summer and we will see what next winter holds.

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    Don't worry it'll get cooler....and then warm er on saturday....I wouldn't rule out 30 degrees in favoured spots. ON APRIL 7TH.... Jesus this climate change is getting out of hand.
    hopefully get cooler. snows red from sand

Just woke up to a bit of snow in the village, but with the sound of the Maler avalanche hitting the Rhein river… up high it did deliver!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1711948407.048538.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	145.8 KB 
ID:	492696

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Snow for the Euros.

Ankogel was ok down to about 2200 yesterday, dampy slushy surfing below. Molltaler is closed today, but should be nice for the rest of the week. Scharek totally off the table now, these deep wet avalanches are some scary shit.

Quote Originally Posted by banzai View Post
    Ankogel was ok down to about 2200 yesterday, dampy slushy surfing below. Molltaler is closed today, but should be nice for the rest of the week. Scharek totally off the table now, these deep wet avalanches are some scary shit.

closed Obertauern today. How was the snow last spring break? looks some fun safe-ish terrain, small vert but good for getting my kids exposed to a bit more serious freeriding.

Conditions were awesome last year:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CrEeuRHIicG/
    https://www.instagram.com/p/Cq_C4clIA08/
    https://www.instagram.com/p/Cq0dLy3oRv_/

Yes good terrain for the kids, got my older kid (10yr at the time) to do some nice deepish turns. Skis were a problem though, so I got her some K2 shredditors 139cm for this season and it really gave her a confidence boost offpiste, she steps on the gas now, surprised me
    Also, Obertauern has some proper lines for grown ups, conditions permitting, but gets very crowded. I hit it this Feb on a saturday pow day and it was a shitshow. Will try to hit Molltaler tomorrow first chair, hopefully I can get laps 3100m - 2700m before the kids and wifes turns up.

got my eldest girl(just turned 10)on some K2 remedy someone gave us. Little one (8 this week) on some Blizzard junior rustlers. They've been going to a ski race club. Their skiing has took a huge jump this season. They're charging about hucking little features and looking for powder. Looks perfect here to get them a little away from the pistes but still in safety.
    A couple weeks ago I saw a young local girl in La Grave maybe 10 years old. She had an avi bag on some kids freeride skis. Fucking ripped the mountain apart.

Man kids have it good nowadays, at 10 I was hooning around with straight railskis 10cm above my head, under the lift(kuddos to my older bro for bringing me along).
    Btw older one turns 11 tomorrow, got a surprise cake organized from a local baker

Big avi in Zermatt. 3 missing. Very large avie. Very fucking stupid to ski that in a 4+ AS A Fucking GROUP or drop in on that face if others are in it. Rest in peace Morons.

Click Personen 1 day and look for rifflsee in Zermatt. That terrain in a 4+ is just plain stupid.

https://whiterisk.ch/de/conditions/current-avalanches

Quote Originally Posted by banzai View Post
    Man kids have it good nowadays, at 10 I was hooning around with straight railskis 10cm above my head, under the lift(kuddos to my older bro for bringing me along).
    Btw older one turns 11 tomorrow, got a surprise cake organized from a local baker

at 10 I was wearing my older cousins clothes that no longer fitted him, using the same bath water as the other 4 people in our house only had sweets once a week sport consisted of football circa 30 a side and jumper on the floor for goal posts

Big avi in Zermatt. 3 missing. Very large avie. Very fucking stupid to ski that in a 4+ AS A Fucking GROUP or drop in on that face if others are in it. Rest in peace Morons.

Click Personen 1 day and look for rifflsee in Zermatt. That terrain in a 4+ is just plain stupid.

https://whiterisk.ch/de/conditions/current-avalanches
    I dont know Zermatt but I'm guessing location wise that place has been full on heavy wind loaded.
    You were correct it's cooled down and snow is falling. Big daddy is back in the game tomorrow

Apparently 4 flown to hospitals unclear whether that's all of them.

Edit: 3 dead one injured.

I'll be in andermatt tomorrow. Alone, after that storm.....

GOING FULL SEND!

Apparently 4 flown to hospitals unclear whether that's all of them.

Edit: 3 dead one injured.

I'll be in andermatt tomorrow. Alone, after that storm.....

GOING FULL SEND!
    May the force be with you fellow freerider.
    Go get some face shots

@subtle plague Andermatt debrief please

Rossy whats up at Obertauern?

Moll didnt open the very top today, but they were grooming all afternoon, so tomorrow should be top day fur pisten.

Nevertheless had some fun:
    https://www.instagram.com/reel/C5QVd...RlODBiNWFlZA==

I saw on insta, looks like you slayed. How'd you manage to dump the kids and wife?
    Dust on crust for me nothing to talk much about. Kids enjoyed venturing off. I found them pockets of wind drift in little gullies.

Get friends with more wives and kids to join you on a spring break trip, who also happen to freeride. Wake up early for first chairs, ride and wait for the wives and kids to sleep late, make pancakes and join you at noon.

my kids are up and waiting

As you wish. 2pm gemsstock opening did deliver.
    First tram into the bowl opened up the vorgipfel and had a nice felsenta? run to round it off. Everything below 2000m was combat.
    Above you only skied the 10-20cm fluff on top, but below it was settled soft. So fast controlable conditions. Huge fucking sides Set of by the bombs.( See the first before after pics)

Pics don't work? Maybe later?

The bad news keeps coming here….

https://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/alpine-...alais/74889199

Quote Originally Posted by Rossymcg View Post
    my kids are up and waiting

Then you got nothing to complain about

Pics from yesterday. Test.
    Last edited by subtle plague; 04-03-2024 at 01:24 AM. Reason: Doesn't work in the app

https://www.reddit.com/r/snowboardin...are&utm_term=1

Video of the recent Zermatt avalanche

Can anyone you speak to if this terrain is "permanently closes" and never gets skied on is some Swiss version of off piste, sidecountry and so on. A friend of a friend of mine was there and in our debrief elsewhere on the internet this has come up.

Thanks