Check Out Our Shop
Page 810 of 823 FirstFirst ... 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 ... LastLast
Results 20,226 to 20,250 of 20564
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Me
    But you told me you and bobinch had only cuddled?
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by Rossymcg View Post
    who's actually skied/boozed/ate/slept(any one or multiples of those)with one another from the euro zone crew?
    Back in the day the Euro Mini summits were an event. Fond memories of La Grave in 2003 and 2005. Lots of reprobates at those, from both Yurp and North America: bad_roo and the Southampton crew, Mrs Roo, Brownmonkey (RIP), Tele Al, geo039, ripzalot, lostinthetrees (lost it in the trees), snowfire, truth, Hayduke (I think), many more.

Highlights were Roo's mate The Random Chaz Factor skiing the LG trees, barely in control, near-missing every second tree, holding his helmet in his hands instead of wearing it. "It's too hot," he said. Then riding the lift back up with him in a cabin with Doug Coombs - who Chaz proceeded to give extensive tips on where to go to find all the good spots on the mountain (while the rest of us tried not to soil ourselves). And Roo and Brownmonkey sending sparks flying as the skied down and off the roof of their place at the Chalets de la Meije (and neither of those two even drank alcohol - probably for the best).

I'll be in Chamonix next week - weather forecast looks showery with a mid-mountain snow line. How bad are conditions going to be?

Depends on how motivated you are. If you’re willing to tour and deal with some manky exits I’d imagine you’ll find plenty of good lines. Rond and cosi I bet will be good to the mid station

Did you ask or answer a question?

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by powfiend View Post
    Depends on how motivated you are. If you’re willing to tour and deal with some manky exits I’d imagine you’ll find plenty of good lines. Rond and cosi I bet will be good to the mid station
    Motivated. We also have guides for 4 of the days we're there, on our own for 3.

Quote Originally Posted by cravenmorhead View Post
    Motivated. We also have guides for 4 of the days we're there, on our own for 3.
    I'm arriving the 18th. We have a guide for 4 days as well with a party of 3. Then its 2 of us on our own for a week. Only bringing touring gear. Have a reservation for Grand Mulets Hut 3/30-4/01.

Going to France in April and I would love to meet up with some other skiers. I am thinking La Grave for the first week of April (Derby de la Meije!) and then Chamonix for the second week.

I spent a month in La Grave in 2020 and skied many of the classic runs there, including Pan de Rideau and La Voute. If I end up in Chamonix, this will be my first time there. Have taken my Avy Pro 1 course, the AMGA Alpine Guide Course, and I am an RN that speaks a bit of French. In addition to backcountry skiing, I have good crevasse rescue system knowledge and I can rock and ice climb.

I would love to do a two or three day hut tour in La Grave (Tour de la Meije), and ski some of the classic lines around Chamonix.

@P.A.B.C. i was in La Grave yesterday as it goes. 40cm had fell in late monday afternoon and evening. No wind and sun yesterday I saw La Grave in all its beauty. fucking awesome place

Sent from my SM-G780G using TGR Forums mobile app
    i dont kare i carnt spell or youse punktuation properlee, im on a skiing forum

Quote Originally Posted by P.A.B.C. View Post
    Going to France in April and I would love to meet up with some other skiers. I am thinking La Grave for the first week of April (Derby de la Meije!) and then Chamonix for the second week.
    The derby is a lot of fun and a great party but they don’t open the lift to non-competitors on the competition day and maybe also the inspection day before (if they do it’ll be crowded AF). Might not matter to you, maybe you want to race, maybe you’d go to another resort for a couple of days. Anyway, could be something to consider.

Quote Originally Posted by Rossymcg View Post
    @P.A.B.C. i was in La Grave yesterday as it goes. 40cm had fell in late monday afternoon and evening. No wind and sun yesterday I saw La Grave in all its beauty. fucking awesome place
    Nice. I haven’t had a day there like that since 2003 (including none in a further while winter there), hope to get a few of them more before I’m done.

Any one seen or heard from Glisseur or his buddy TT lately as in the last decade or so?

Sent from my Turbo 850 Flatbrimed Highhorse

I’m not often in direct contact but I hear news, some from friends in common, some via social media. TT is still skiing loads, mostly in Sweden and Norway. Glisseur recently finished a long period as editor of Sweden’s equivalent to Powder and is now freelancing. That was in Åre, I don’t know if he’s still there.
    Last edited by Mulletizer; 03-13-2024 at 01:08 PM.

was in Montgenevre today. had a good time. local guy showing us the goods on the north steeper stuff. he took some snaps also. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20240313_195506_Gallery.jpeg 
Views:	65 
Size:	43.5 KB 
ID:	490360Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20240313_195342_Video%20Player.jpeg 
Views:	68 
Size:	31.0 KB 
ID:	490361

Quote Originally Posted by Mulletizer View Post
    I’m not often in direct contact but I hear news, some from friends in common, some via social media. TT is still skiing loads, mostly in Sweden and Norway. Glisseur recently finished a long period as editor of Sweden’s equivalent to Powder and is now freelancing. That was in Åre, I don’t know if he’s still there.
    I believe Glisseur is nowadays associated/employed with/by Åre Skidfabrik and Extrem skis...

Warming up but still fab conditions on the steep the North faces
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7689.JPG 
Views:	74 
Size:	245.4 KB 
ID:	490578

Snow for the Euros.

Hey euro people- question for anyone with 3 Vallees experiences.
    The husband and I just arrived in courchevel for the week- I brought skis (my beloved Hoji’s) but Andrew decided instead of lugging his skis around that he would rent here and use it as an excuse to try out some new skis. We knew this place is known as an intermediate paradise but I’ll be damned if we can’t find a decent freeride ski rental after going to about a dozen ski shops this afternoon.
    I guess it’s our bad for assuming a giant ski area with a zillion ski shops would have a decent variety but we are not finding much that isn’t an 80 waist parabolic ski.
    I think we are going to scoot down to Maribel to the Black Crows nest tomorrow morning but thought we’d see if anyone had any other good ideas for shop that might carry a 100-110 waist ski.
    Merci!
    skid luxury

Just tell him to learn to ski properly

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Just tell him to learn to ski properly
    oh man. If he has to ski parabolics all week we are going to be a bad match with my 30 meter turn radius skis
    skid luxury

Coffee and skis appear to be two things Europe does not do well. Bring both from home for best results.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Coffee and skis appear to be two things Europe does not do well. Bring both from home for best results.

Good luck.
    you ain't skied in Italy then. I challenge you to find a better coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post

Good luck.
    After getting back from Austria yesterday, I already miss the widespread use of espresso. They auto machines that are common there now are pretty sweet.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Talk to me about the shitty coffee?

I always roll heavily caffeinated in France and Italy.

I have to confess after the recent roll through Klosters/Davos->Disentis<->Splugen<->Andermatt->Lenzerheide->Corviglia->Corvatsch->Diavolezza->Lagalb(!) I am __so__ disappoint.

For all the years I extolled the massive growling Eurowagon, I came to find that now that California/American infection has arrived: the automatic transmissions.

>>>Simper<<<
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    I have to confess after the recent roll through Klosters/Davos->Disentis<->Splugen<->Andermatt->Lenzerheide->Corviglia->Corvatsch->Diavolezza->Lagalb(!) I am __so__ disappoint.

For all the years I extolled the massive growling Eurowagon, I came to find that now that California/American infection has arrived: the automatic transmissions.

>>>Simper<<<
    I mean... it was a good run. But inevitable.

Any general recs for a Euro trip in late April? I'm staying at a friend's in Bolzano from the 22nd to May 2nd and have the ability to travel pretty much anywhere in continental Europe during that period. The Ortler zone and the Dolomites (conditions dependent) are on my radar due to proximity, but we're also happy to head further west or north if conditions are substantially better.