Check Out Our Shop
Page 410 of 472 FirstFirst ... 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 ... LastLast
Results 10,226 to 10,250 of 11795
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    It certainly would not be nearly as good. My favorite part of Alta anyway.
    Another Long Traverse Again tm

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    One-piece are back in style. Congrats to those of you who saw this coming and never let go of the dream.

https://video.twimg.com/amplify_vide...nGR.mp4?tag=13
    There’s a guy at Mt Bachelor with 69 fartbags

Quote Originally Posted by Sessiøn View Post
    Chick in line at T-line this weeked. Shifts, touring boots, full Norrona get up. And of course a backpack.

Saw her snow plowing down a green.
    I had a first timer lesson a few weeks ago. Dude had friends who convinced him to get into backcountry skiing, so he bought the full kit. Shift bindings, touring boots, fresh Acr'teryx from head to toe.

It was one of the most painful lessons I've had.

Apparently it's possible to have enough disposable income to drop a few grand on a whim, even though you can't tell left from right, or uphill from downhill.

Quote Originally Posted by rustypouch View Post
    I had a first timer lesson a few weeks ago. Dude had friends who convinced him to get into backcountry skiing, so he bought the full kit. Shift bindings, touring boots, fresh Acr'teryx from head to toe.

Apparently it's possible to have enough disposable income to drop a few grand on a whim, even though you can't tell left from right, or uphill from downhill.
    Hath we cometh full circle to not remember the most wondrous GSA and his finicky Dukes?? Tis a sad day above the 60th parallel. The spirit animals shall bellow a cry not heard in eons and I shall fade away into the darkest of nights.

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    LOL

Of all forums he is most active on Newschoolers.
    Training for Alpental

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    I've noticed a thing happening this season. It's not a new thing but seems to be orders of magnitude more prevalent now. People stopping in stupid places (over blind rises, etc.), or large groups gathering in the most ridiculous places, alike blocking all access to lift line access. Jeezus people.
    Whenever my kids encounter this they start screaming "Jerry Jam! Jerry Jam!"

Jerry Jam lol
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Jerry Jam! I love it...

Quote Originally Posted by rustypouch View Post

That sounds like something I would do. Not because I have lots of money, but because I'm an idiot and a sucker for expensive gear.

...and a gaper.

I have plateaued and am comfortable in my Recreational Intermediate station in skiing.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Snowboarder on top of Idiot's this morning, waving his arms over his head for a while to make sure people on the chair saw him, then proceeded to sideslip the upper part. get stuck in the choke for a while, then sideslip the rest. OTOH no one else skied Idiot's all morning so I'll give him that. The area he went down had slid after the last big storm and I imagine it was pretty firm. Probably not a gaper but a tough run will make you look like one.

What were you doing at the top of Idiots this morning? Was the skiing good up there? If headed to the bowls, don’t you just traverse around the back on skis?

Not me--I was just riding the lift. I haven't skied idiots in years, likely never will again. I used to like the more north facing chute around the corner from the main face--better snow and it runs out into Beaver instead of Wolvy. Yeah, if going to the bowls you traverse the backside. I didn't see anyone doing that today either--didn't see much of anyone doing anything--sure was empty today.

Holy shit i thought for certain this was a joke but they were high fiving each other. Wow, and without a shred
    of self consciousness. I'm embarassed i watched as much of it as i did. but i did. So i'm now qualified
    for this thread i suppose. Good stuff

Ever notice when it's fucking cold there's always that one gaper or gaper/kid who's got sunglasses or his goggles off, and his coat is at least partially open, and his pant legs aren't pulled down over his boots?
    How the hell aren't they cold?
    I'm talking cold days like teens and no sun, lots of snow that can get into anything open. Always amazes me. Like they have some kind of internal gaper heating source. And I run warm!
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Reminds me of this...

Ever notice when it's fucking cold there's always that one gaper or gaper/kid who's got sunglasses or his goggles off, and his coat is at least partially open, and his pant legs aren't pulled down over his boots?
    I'm talking cold days like teens and no sun, lots of snow that can get into anything open. Always amazes me. Like they have some kind of internal gaper heating source. And I run warm!
    I've noticed this thing only starting this year, but absolutely prolific amongst the hard core board bruh: You have to hang your mittens down off your wrists in the lift line, no matter how fucking cold it is. Truly remarkable once you notice it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sessiøn View Post
    LOL

Of all forums he is most active on Newschoolers.
    That's because he spends a lot of time in the park doing video shoots for the kids.

Quote Originally Posted by T-dub View Post
    Holy shit i thought for certain this was a joke but they were high fiving each other. Wow, and without a shred
    of self consciousness. I'm embarassed i watched as much of it as i did. but i did. So i'm now qualified
    for this thread i suppose. Good stuff
    Jacques is a Feature of Mt Bachelor. Eccentric and has his unique style, but he has fun and shares the stoke.

He has his own line of "Workin It" stickers that only the cool kids have
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0364.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	362495

and his own signature Blackstrap balaclava

maybe you're a bunch of pussies?
    ever think of that?

"we all do dumb shit when we're fucked up"
    mike tyson

Many elementary age boys wear shorts to school in snow days around here. My question is how/why do their parent let them?

No quote, but saw this wild specimen the other day - dude was booting straight up the center of the trail (blind roll overs be damned) with one, count ‘em, one snowshoe on and tunes pumping from a speaker. Ski carry system was similarly dialed. To his credit, however, dude was having fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PlayItLeo View Post
    No quote, but saw this wild specimen the other day - dude was booting straight up the center of the trail (blind roll overs be damned) with one, count ‘em, one snowshoe on and tunes pumping from a speaker. Ski carry system was similarly dialed. To his credit, however, dude was having fun.

Gaper Spirit Animal, quarantine edition. "Training for post-covid Alaska". Our guy needs to up his harness/carabiner game though.

End of day tram line at Jackson. Socked in now and snowing. Couple of tourists without skis pop in and ask how long the wait is. I tell them "50 minutes". Dude asks how come so long when none of the other lifts have big waits.. So I tell them it's a tram running at 25% capacity. Then he wants to know how a tram operates. So I explain that there are two cabins and one goes up while the other goes down.
    Response - "Well you would think they could improve it a little and put a couple of more cars on"

Quote Originally Posted by mfcf13 View Post
    Gaper Spirit Animal, quarantine edition. "Training for post-covid Alaska". Our guy needs to up his harness/carabiner game though.
    Hey man, at least he's doing that shit in avy safe terrain...

Quote Originally Posted by PlayItLeo View Post

The rare V-frame ski carry. And the tunes are for communicating his presence under roll over, of course.

Imagine coming up to those tracks later and wondering wtf made them.